• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 545 Views, 1 Comments

Pony Tales - Vixie



Tales retold with ponies!

  • ...
 1
 545

The Little Mermaid

Pinkie adjusted the red wig on her head, humming. "Gummy, you make such a cute little crab!"

Gummy nibbled on the red costume he had to wear. He did not like it and wished he could throw it in a bonfire to burn.

"I'm so happy I get the leading role!" Pinkie cleared her throat. "Part of your-"

"Okay, places, everyone!" Twilight yelled. "I only rented this out for two hours, so get to it!"

Rarity followed Rainbow Dash out, making small adjustments. "Alright, remember who you are and your lines?"

Rainbow Dash nodded. "You can't go to the pony world, blah blah blah."

"No, that's later. Right now, you're just a background pony." Rarity said. "Just a generic civilian."

When they were all in their positions on stage in front of the ocean backdrop, Twilight checked them all off a list. "Wait, where are Pariel's sisters?"

Applejack laughed. "Wow, 'Pariel'. That's very creative." She whispered to Fluttershy.

"I think she did her best...." Fluttershy shifted uncomfortably in her long black dress, which ended in tons of tentacles. "I mean, Ursashy isn't that bad..."

"But really, Eric Jack? Why do I always have to play a stallion?!"

"Hey! Pariel's sisters on set, now!" Twilight yelled.

Maud Pie stepped onto the set, the rest of the Pie sisters following close behind.

"Ugh... Why do we have to do this stupid movie?" Limestone groaned.

"Because we needed more cast members!" Twilight replied. "Now, take one!"

Pinkie stood still for a moment. "Uh... I want to go to the surface, Gummy- I mean, Crabby."

"Cut!" Twilight shouted. "Crabby? It's Gummybastian! And Fluttershy, get your critters off set! Rainbow, you're meant to be in the background."

"Oh, come on! I'm too awesome to be in the background." Rainbow whined. She was standing closest to the camera, an obvious background pony no-no.

"You'll get a bigger part in like, a minute. Just be patient." Twilight made a motion for Rainbow to move back.

"I can't be patient!"

Twilight sighed. "Rarity, take her backstage and make sure she doesn't come out until it's her turn. Good thing I brought backups... Come on, guys!"

"I can't believe we get to be in a movie!" Derpy said as she flew onto set.

Bon-Bon nodded. "It's just so exciting!"

"I heard this movie is based on one about humans..." Lyra whispered.

Twilight cleared her throat. "You guys already know how to be background ponies, right?"

"We majored in it in college and even wrote a book about it." Octavia held up a book titled How to be a Background Pony.

"Just do your thing, okay?" Twilight said.

Vinyl nodded. They all moved back behind Pinkie and pretended to be talking.

"I want to go to the surface, Gummybastian! I keep finding these... Thingies... And I think they're from the pony world? Is that my line?" Pinkie asked.

Twilight shook her head. "Cut! You say 'I wish I could go up to the surface! Life up there must be more interesting than down here'."

"Uh, Twilight, I don't think that's how it goes." Lyra interrupted. "I went and watched the actual movie, you know."

"I know. I just made a few changes, you know, to make it slightly shorter and stuff. You know what, let's just skip to the 'Under the Sea' part, okay. Since Gummy can't sing, everypony will."

Half a song later...

"Wait! You're all off pitch and haven't memorized the parts!" Twilight yelled.

"Well, we didn't get any scripts..." Derpy said.

Twilight face-hoofed. "You guys are off the hook, but you," she pointed at her friends, "were meant to practice. It's one thing to get the words wrong and it's something else to be completely off pitch. After all of the the times we randomly broke out in song, and you can't even sing right. Seriously, half the time we just did improv."

"S-Sorry... My voice is a bit off today, Twilight..." Fluttershy whispered.

"Ugh... For now, just lip-sync. I'll cast a voice changing spell and sing it myself. Now, let's do all of that swimming choreography stuff." Twilight said as she cast an anti-gravity spell.

At that moment, everypony in the room began to float, except for Spike and the camera, because they were glued to the floor. Dragon care's probably coming for Twilight...

"Lip-syncing, got it?" Twilight yelled.

Nopony responded. They were too busy bumping into each other and screaming to be put down. Derpy and Fluttershy were the only ones who managed to not do somersaults in the air.

Suddenly, the lights fell, hitting poor Lyra and Bon-Bon on the heads. Rainbow Dash zoomed onto set, doing a few tricks in the air. "My turn now, right?" She asked Twilight.

"You made the lights fall, didn't you?!" Twilight yelled, levitating the shattered pieces off the set.

Rainbow Dash nodded, still flying around. "Who else could figure out how to do it?"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Okay, we need to take a break." She undid the anti-gravity spell.

Everyone fell simultaneously. The weight of them all made the floor crack.

"Not the best way to do that..." Twilight whispered to herself. "S-Sorry, everypony!"

They all groaned in response.

"Wow, this is hilarious!" Rainbow Dash laughed.

"Rainbow, ponies are getting hurt!" Rarity said, pulling herself up.

"Not my fault. It's the egghead's." Rainbow remained in the air, humming to herself. "Wait, I bet I can do a Sonic Rainboom in here!" She said suddenly.

Everyone's eyes widened. "Wait! No! Don't do it!" They shouted in unison, but Rainbow didn't listen.

She flew around the set a few times until she gained more speed, then, with one final push, she did a Sonic Rainboom right into the set.

Twilight's mouth hung open. "Oh... My... Celestia..."

One ambulance ride later...

"I'm so, so sorry!" Twilight said to the room of injured cast members. "But actually, it wasn't my fault. It was Rainbow who did it. I mean, I did do the anti-gravity spell, but it was the Sonic Rainboom that got you guys in here!"

Lyra groaned. "I think I broke all four of my legs..."

Bon-Bon was knocked out on the bed next to her.

"I got a muffin!" Derpy exclaimed. She ate her muffin happily.

"Wait, where'd you get that?" Rarity asked.

"I have muffins stashed all over Ponyville!" Derpy replied.

Pinkie gasped. "I have stuff stashed all over Ponyville too! Stash buddies!" The two high-fived high-hoofed (?).

"I hope I'm not here for too long... A-Angel Bunny must be so hungry..." Fluttershy whispered.

Rainbow Dash suddenly opened her eyes. "That was awesome!" She tried to sit up, but winced in pain and lay back down. "Wait, what happened? Why are we in the hospital?"

"What do you think?" Everyone said at the same time.

Nurse Red Heart opened the door and walked in. "Okay, so can you all tell me how this all happened?"

Twilight pointed to Rainbow. "She decided to do a Sonic Rainboom, but crashed right into everypony."

"C'mon, egghead, just admit it was pretty cool." Rainbow seemed quite pleased with herself. "Wait, what about that anti-gravity spell? Wasn't it your fault?"

"Uh..." Twilight looked away. "Well, it only hurt a few ponies. It didn't get them hospitalized."

Nurse Red Heart cleared her throat. "You should probably leave them to rest. They're in good hooves, okay?"

Twilight nodded as she walked out. "They'll be fine, right?"

"Definitely. Oh, and there's somepony waiting for you."

"For me?" Twilight trotted into the waiting room to see none other than Filthy Rich. "Oh, h-hi, sir."'

Filthy Rich stared at her for a moment, narrowing her eyes. "I saw what you did to the set I let you rent out. You'll have to pay up."

"How much?"

"About ninety thousand, five hundred, thirty-five bits."

Twilight's eyes widened. "Can I pay you back next year?"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment