• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 6,043 Views, 237 Comments

The Samurai Called Jack - MetalJrock

  • ...
16
 237
 6,043

XV: Spirit of Chaos

Jack hummed while deep in thought, blankly staring at the needle on the crystal table. The Equestrians took a peek at it as well, wondering what was next as well.

“It appears that we have to keep searching for the next location. Perhaps the Chronos Compass works differently than the Threads of Time."

"You know, Jack. If you wanted to time travel, I think Twilight kept Starswirl the Bearded's scrolls on a spell that I used once." Starlight muttered to the samurai, who grew interested.

“Perhaps we can use it to send you back and you can use that crystal to go back to your world?" she suggested with a shrug.

The samurai shook his head, "I am sorry. But I was told that the crystal can only send me back to the moment I left. It is the only setback I found upon it. There must be a way to track down the next piece of the compass without digging everywhere through the novels and scrolls you own. Every minute we waste, Aku could come closer to discovering my disappearance."

Fluttershy slowly raised a hoof, "I...I may know somepony who can help. I think..." she muttered, turning her head away from Jack. "He could use his magic to help maybe."

"Oh no..." Twilight groaned. "That's another headache."

Jack raised a brow, "Who is she talking about?"

Suddenly, as Samurai Jack turned around, he suddenly saw something lying on the table, holding the compass needle in his talon. It was a grey creature with fused parts of different animals for limbs and horns. The samurai held out his blade on instinct.

"Who are you, strange being?" he asked.

He didn't see Twilight and Spike plant their hoof and hand on their faces upon seeing the figure in question.

The figure sat up, "Easy, Jackie. I am a mutual friend." he assured, raising his claws defensively.

Lowering his weapon, the samurai replied, "How do you know of me?"

"Discord? What are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked.

Discord smiled and put a halo over his head, "I was told of this oddly-dressed person in white pajamas and I just wanted to see this man for myself.”

Discord then started to levitate himself into the air. Especially to where he was above the heads of everyone else. He came closer to Jack, and turned himself upside down.

“So, you must be the one called Jack, eh? Pleasure is all yours, my name is Discord, spirit of chaos and disharmony and all that fun junk." he greeted, handing Jack a business card.

Samurai Jack took the card, "Um... It is nice to meet you, Discord. May I ask why you are here all of a sudden?"

Discord hovered in his spot, lying down, "Oh, of course. See, I was on my way to see my dear friend, Fluttershy, but had seen you lot coming back from somewhere. To my surprise, you have retrieved a piece of the Chronos Compass, and it seems Flutters was just about to ask for my help." he explained.

"You are his friend?" the human asked.

The meek pegasus nodded in response.

“Very well, Discord. You said you are the spirit of disharmony, perhaps you are well versed in magic. I am on a mission to go back to the past. Perhaps you can aid me in returning to my proper time and end my mission."

Discord shook his head and held a cup of water, which he crushed and turned to jelly once he was done drinking it, "No can do, Jackie boy. Even if I were to combine my trans-dimensional spell with that ancient time-travel, the effects of Chaos magic and standard unicorn magic are too risky to handle. For all I know, it may not send you back to your proper time."

The samurai closed his eyes, "I see..."

Rainbow looked up, "So, what is it that you want to do, Discord? Got anything to add about all this?"

Raising a talon, Discord replied, "Why, yes, Rainbow. For you see, while I may not be able to send Jackie here to his time, I am able to help track the rest of the Chronos Compass. In fact, in my travels, I managed to find a temple conveniently lying around."

Snapping his fingers, the draconequess handed the girls, dragon, and samurai a pamphlet, a photo album of everywhere he went.

“That's not actually useful, I just wanted to show you all my vacation album."

"...Okay?" Spike responded awkwardly, looking at a photo of Discord yodeling on top of a mountain in the middle of a blizzard. He wondered how he got the photo in the first place.

"It's nice." Fluttershy commented, admiring the album.

Jack's gaze was raised to face the draconequess, "Where did you find this temple anyway?"

"On the way to the Crystal Empire,” Discord revealed, summoning a dusty map which he wiped off with a single finger. "Here is where I marked it down."

He handed Jack the map. The girls looked over the human's shoulder, seeing the giant marked 'X' near the edge of it, seeing it in a white-filled region of the map.

"What?!" Pinkie yelled, "It's in the snow!"

The samurai's eyes narrowed, "Very well, Discord. Any other piece of information you wish to add?"

"Yeah, you're actually on a roll here." Rainbow admitted while folding her hooves in surprise.

"Why yes. You see, I saw this black and red horn hopping around, and it was somehow able to talk. It mentioned something about summoning an army of dark monsters or some junk. Could barely hear it through the snow." added the spirit of chaos, picking his ear, causing a huge pile of snow to fall on the floor, grossing out Rarity and Twilight.

“Oops, sorry." he said with a small grin and with a snap of his fingers, he warped the snow away.

"...Are you sure you're not a creation of Aku?" asked Jack, seeing just how strange this creature is. "You certainly are as eccentric as him." he added.

"Gesundheit." replied Discord, summoning a box of tissues, which the samurai awkwardly dropped.

"No, I am an all-natural spirit of chaos, as pure as they come,” he paused, holding a birth certificate somehow. "I do not know of this Achoo like you mentioned. But he sounds friendly."

"Wait--" Twilight cut off the two, "You said you saw a black and red horn near the Crystal Empire? That sounds familiar. But he shouldn't have been able to re transform himself."

Spike nodded in agreement, "Yeah, he should've became toast when we used the Crystal Heart! Argh! Why didn't you do anything, Discord?" he grunted in annoyance.

"I am sorry, but I cannot discern myself. For all I know, it could've been a good horn!" defended the draconequss.

"What kinda good pony would mention summonin' an army of darkness?" Applejack questioned.

Discord shrugged, "I'm not sure anymore now that you say it like that." he muttered.

Fluttershy sighed, "Don't get upset, Discord. But please... Please bring this stuff up... I-It could be dangerous f-for all we know. For me?"

"Oh, alright. Only for you, Fluttershy." Discord relented.

Jack nodded upon witnessing the conversation the two shared, "You are a friendly spirit of chaos. Possibly the kindest deity I have met so far in my travels." he admitted aloud. "I only wish Aku was this easy to bargain with."

A smirk was seen on the draconequess' face, "Well, I'm sure he doesn't have many friends then,” he snapped his fingers, getting a kimono like Jack, "Honestly, we should team up at some point. You survived one of the temples, it's only fair I get to lend a claw at some point... Wow, these are actually pretty comfy."

Waving a hand, Jack replied with a sheepish smile, "Perhaps some other time."

"Sorry, Discord, but I really think we should head to the Crystal Empire to warn Cadance and Shining Armor of Sombra coming." Twilight said in a hurry, packing a small bag and wrapping it around her barrel with Spike standing next to her.

Discord sighed, "Oh, alright. Do head to the temple though while you're there. I'll be housesitting though."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Fine."

Rainbow looked to her friend, "Uh, Twi? That doesn't sound very smart." she revealed.

Discord shoved the ponies, samurai and dragon out of the door. "It will be fine. I will definitely not throw a house party." he admitted, crossing his fingers behind his back.

"Hurry before you miss the next train!" he ordered them.

"Oh boy..." Starlight muttered.

Jack was about to follow the equines, but Discord tapped his shoulders, causing him to halt, "Yes?"

"There is one teeny little detail I missed." the creature replied, smiling and pinching his fingers together, "See, I sensed an odd form of magic recently, but I noticed it was the same as that crystal in your bag. Perhaps you should take a look," he suggested. "I'll show you where I found it as a sign of trust."

The samurai heard his words. If that was true, then that meant something came from his world.

Jack looked to the ponies, “Girls!"

He managed to see them turn around upon hearing his voice, "Discord and I must attend to something. Head to the Crystal Empire, for I will meet you there once we're done."

"We can come with you!" Twilight offered.

"I am sorry, but you must get them to know of the threat that is coming, and you need to be there in case they attack!" Jack shouted back from his spot.

"I will join you once we are finished. Plus Discord will aid me for the time being." Jack told them once more.

"...Alright. But please don't take too long." Twilight said, gesturing for her and her friends to wander on.

The human looked to the draconequess as he said, "Show me where you have sensed this magic."
****
Samurai Jack and Discord teleported to the outskirts of another forest, seeing the huge pile of trees that awaited them.

“Here we are, Whitetail Woods, Jackie. A lot more friendly looking than the Everfree Forest, and even better for photo-ops. I last sensed that magical presence here. You worried?"

With his sword in his hands, Jack scowled, "No. I pray it is not a threat to this world. But it seems we will team up after all like you wanted."

"Yes!" Discord cheered with a fist pump, "A warrior and a chaotic deity, we are the perfect team!"

The two were about to head into the forest. But there was a strange loud noise. A sound that prompted Jack to lower his weapon, and leaving Discord somewhat confused. Although he wanted to hide it, a thin smile crept onto the samurai's face, as the apparent sound got louder. At first he thought it was his imagination.

Discord wiped his ears, thinking he was hearing it as well. To clear his ears a little, he took out his ear drums, gave them a slight wipe with his claw, and then put them back in his ears to hear better. Then took out a gi in case he needed it.

For Jack, the music was refreshing, as it was a sound he first hated. But now it was a symbol of what was to come and he somewhat likes it as time went on. It got louder each passing second, the sound of a familiar medley being heard now.

For in the forest was the sound of bagpipes.