• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 6,043 Views, 237 Comments

The Samurai Called Jack - MetalJrock

  • ...
16
 237
 6,043

X: Jack in Ponyville

The very moment the train had stopped; the moment that steam came out of its engine after making a halt; the time that the conductor announced its arrival to town; and the time the doors opened, Jack finally stepped out of the train. It had been a long, and surprisingly rough journey. But he made it.

He was now in Ponyville.

The samurai looked around, watching as the ponies moved back from him, unaware that he came in peace. As he stood in front of the door, ponies that were intending to arrive here got off from behind him without a care in the world. But that never stopped the ponies who hadn’t seen him before look at him with wary looks.

He tried to take one step with his foot, but the citizens gave gasps of fright or surprise by this action.

Deciding to assure them that he wasn’t here to cause trouble, he raised his hands and decided to speak to them in a calm tone.

“You need not worry, ponies,” he assured lightly, "I will not harm you in the slightest."

"How can we trust you?" he heard somepony ask.

As he stood there, a crowd was gathering around his still form.

Samurai Jack looked down at the crowd of equines.

“I only seek the assistance of your ruler, Princess Twilight. I have travelled a long way since my arrival to your homeland to gain her aid if necessary,” he explained as dropped his arms back to his sides, “Please, I am only asking you of her location. I do not intend to hurt any of you."

"Um, what are you?" a light, grayish olive earth pony mare asked.

The samurai gazed down, "A human from another world,” he paused as he saw a mint-green unicorn cheer to herself, “As I said, I only seek the assistance of Princess Twilight. I have heard she is the only one who can solve dilemma I am having."

"You seek Twilight Sparkle?" a beige unicorn mare asked.

Jack nodded, "Yes."

"Hold it!"

Hearing the voice, Jack watched as a rainbow blur neared him before halting, revealing a cyan mare with a rainbow mane. She landed softly on the ground and looked at him with a very concentrated but also curious look.

“Sorry if I startled ya. I saw a crowd forming as I flew in the sky. Had to get a look at ya. You look kinda... what's the word I'm looking for? Quiet. But still, I'm not just gonna be letting ‘anypony’ near Twilight." she declared.

"I'm sorry, but, who are you exactly?" Jack asked.

The pegasus gasped, "You never heard of me?”

The samurai silently nodded his head saying ‘no’. When he stopped nodding, Rainbow suddenly flapped in the air.

“I'm the fastest pony in Equestria! Also the newest Wonderbolt, and the greatest hero in the land...Rainbow Dash!” she introduced with a brag.

But Jack wasn’t fazed nor was he astonished. He still gave a look that said he never heard of her, much to Rainbow’s let-down.

“Huh. You'd think a newbie like yourself would’ve heard of me." she said, glaring at Jack for a moment.

"...Right. I am sorry for my intrusion, but as you heard, I've been travelling this land to reach this town. I was told that Princess Twilight would know of what I seek.” the samurai elaborated.

“Uh-huh, I know who you’re talking about. I’m one of her best friends,” Rainbow told him, “But I still don’t think I should let you see her.”

Jack kept looking at her for a moment. From what he could tell, she seems to have quite a strong loyalty for the princess, and would not want her to get harmed by something terrible.

‘That must be why she’s so hesitant to let me pass.’ he thought.

Then it hit him. There was only one way he could show her he wasn’t a threat.

"Very well. If you mistrust me..." he continued, raising his sheath from its strapped spot and dropping it, "I am defenseless. In there is a magic sword that will not hurt the innocent and heroic, but will kill the tyrannic. So even if I were to attack, it would be for naught."

Rainbow raised a brow at the man before turning her gaze to the dropped weapon, "Show me."

"What?" Jack asked in confusion. The ponies around them gasped at Rainbow's declaration.

The pegasus smirked, "I can take a bit of damage. If that thing hurts me, I'll know you're lying."

"You are being quite strange. I wish not to raise this sword on an good creature such as yourself.” the samurai added.

"Come on. I thought you had nothing to be afraid of. That sword really won't hurt the innocent, right,” Rainbow reminded the human, "Plus, I kinda want to see it in action."

Giving the pegasus a stoic stare, Jack kneeled down to pick up his weapon. All two of his hands grasped the weapon once they made contact.

“Very well. If this will earn your trust, then it seems I have no choice."

He used his thumb to pull the sword's hilt from the sheath, grabbing it with his opposite hand before pulling it out in its entirety. It sparked and made a kind of sound as it was held out in the open, the pegasus’s reflection shown on it along with a look of interest from her.

“Wooaah.” Rainbow said with amazement.

“Just this once. And no, you cannot use this weapon."

Hearing that, Rainbow once again felt a little let down.

"Aw, alright. Just show me if you're being honest, and maybe I’ll let you see Twi." Rainbow ordered.

Raising his blade, Jack closed his eyes, and lightly jabbed the sword forward, aiming it at Rainbow. The pegasus flinched upon feeling the cold metal on her fur and hearing the metallic clang. But then, she noticed...that she felt no injury. Not even a sting of pain.

Jack pulled the sword from her, and when she looked at where it landed...she found that no mark was seen on her either. She lowered her magenta eyes to where the tip of the sword was after hearing the gasps of the crowd.

“Wow. Guess you were right about that sword of yours."

Samurai Jack silently nodded ‘yes’, pulling his sword back, lightly scratching it on the top of its sheath before placing it back on.

“So, I guess you're on the side of good then. Sorry..." Rainbow apologized sheepishly, "Who are you, anyway?"

"I am called Jack. I have come here to fulfill a purpose that I have and seek something to help me." the samurai introduced.

“...And that is?" she asked as she floated above the ground again.

"The Chronos Compass. It is only told as a legend, so very little is known of it,” Samurai Jack explained. "But can you take me to see your friend? I was also told she has great knowledge."

The pegasus snickered, "She's a total egghead. She constantly reads books, and is always making a list to keep even the smallest things organized. So, sure...I'll take you to her, now that I know that cool sword of yours won't hurt her in the slightest. But if this Compass is told in legends, why come here to find it?"

Jack folded his arms, "In the world that I come from, what are simply told as legends are proven to be real. I have travelled far and faced many beings in my quest. I am sure this time would be no different."

"Can I help?" Rainbow asked. "I've been itching to go on a new adventure for a while. This Chronos Compass sounds awesome!"

Shaking his head, Jack answered, "No. I only wish to find the location of the compass pieces. After that, I shall travel on my own, like I have done times before."

"Aw..." sighed Rainbow. "Well, I'll keep my word and take you to her anyway, I guess."

The samurai bowed, "Thank you."

As the pegasus hovered, Jack followed behind her. "She lives in the giant crystal castle that’s on the edge of town. We'll be there in no time."

When he heard that, Jack looked up to see the large purple crystal structure above all of the houses he also saw before him. He felt admittedly annoyed that he didn't spot that castle when he first arrived.

“Oh."
****
A few minutes later...

Twilight Sparkle, a mare with a pale, light grayish fur coat was reading a novel about one of her favorite adventurers: Daring Do. It had been a slow and steady day for her, so she didn’t really think anything else could happen at the moment. But her eyes raised themselves up from the book upon hearing the sound of a loud knocking.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Judging by how loud and quick each successive one was, she could tell who was trying to gain her attention. With a quiet sigh, the alicorn used her magic to place a bookmark at where she was reading and closed the novel, standing up from her spot on the chair. She assumed Starlight was busy and Spike was either doing something else. Or napping. She assumed the latter.

The alicorn wandered the hallways to her entrance door. After a small trek, she saw the two giant doors and stepped in front of them, using her magic to open them, being greeted by a familiar pegasus on the other side.

"Hey, Rainbow,” she greeted, “You could have just come in."

"Yeah, I know. But this is important. Plus, I didn't feel like exploring which room you were in this time.” Rainbow explained.

“Riiiight.” she responded, remembering the amount of mazes her castle has.

“So anyway, uh, somepony is kinda seeking your help." Rainbow elaborated.

Twilight furrowed a brow at her words, "Really? Who?"

Revealing himself, Jack raised a hand and bowed, surprising the alicorn mare, "Greetings, Princess Twilight. I was told of your knowledge and wish to--"

Jack couldn't finish as Twilight, frozen in surprise, fainted. The samurai scratched his head in confusion.

“Did I do something wrong?" he asked with some concern.

Waving a hoof in front of the princess' still open eyes, Rainbow muttered, "I... Uh, I got nothing. Probably something sciency or whatever from seeing someone like you. We... we should probably take her inside."

And so, Samurai Jack and Rainbow Dash picked Twilight up and carried her inside the castle.