• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 6,043 Views, 237 Comments

The Samurai Called Jack - MetalJrock

  • ...
16
 237
 6,043

XIV: Jack vs Mad Jack

"What are you doing here? I told you all to stay behind!" Jack scolded.

He tried to focus his attention on both the ponies and fighting Mad Jack at the same time, his sword held over his head as his dark counterpart tried to bring his own blade down upon him.

Rainbow yelled back, "We're not just gonna let you hog all the glory, Jack!"

Twilight glared at the pegasus, "What Rainbow means is that this is our mission as well. You don't have to worry about us at all. We promise,” she assured the samurai, “You're in our world. It's only fair that we get to help you."

"But who is that you're fighting?" Starlight asked.

Rarity pursed her lips, "He looks quite like you."

Jack swung his blade horizontally, slightly tearing Mad Jack's kimono as he backed away.

“He is called Mad Jack, my dark counterpart. The magic of this temple has somehow brought him back. But I will finish him again like I have done before." he told them.

Mad Jack grinned deviously, "Fool! It will take a lot more to best me this time! It was a mistake for these equines to show themselves." he raised his sword and jabbed forward, intending to stab the good-hearted samurai, who moved to the side, his kimono barely getting torn in the process.

The dark samurai charged forward, intending to harm the ponies. As he tried to slash the Equestrians, Twilight erected a barrier in front of her and her friends, shielding them from Mad Jack's sword.

"What?" he asked aloud.

While he was distracted, Jack gave his doppelganger a right hook, knocking him back slightly.

“You shall not harm them." he commanded, putting his foot down.

"You cannot protect them from yourself, samurai." Mad Jack mocked, putting his hands behind his back.

Applejack raised a brow at the dark samurai's comments, "What is he talkin' about?"

Jack remained silent, choosing to continue his battle against his inner demons.

“Yes, Jack. Reveal everything to them. Surely keeping things to yourself will surely protect them." Mad Jack declared in a condescending tone to his counterpart.

As he said that, Mad Jack was dodging each punch and kick that Good Jack was dishing out with ease.

Rainbow growled and unfurled her wings, "Alright, Jack. Out with it, already! What's the deal here?"

The good samurai swung his sword vertically near Mad Jack, his red eyes narrowing to time him in dodging the attack, and so he did once Jack brought his blade down.

“I... I cannot say. I warned you all to stay behind. This is too dangerous for your world to get involved in." he pleaded once more, dodging the subject.

Getting tired of his counterpart's stubborness, Mad Jack decided to once more tried to harm the ponies.

“A genius plan. I guess we have to do things the hard way then!" he declared.

He ran forward and intended to attack Fluttershy, but Starlight stood forward and shot a beam of magic on him, causing him fall on his back painfully. The dark samurai held his chest, seeing some smoke emit from his kimono.

"You got lucky, pony!" he snarled, performing a handstand to flip back onto his feet.

Rainbow hissed as she lunged forward upon Mad Jack. But the dark samurai, using his skills, landed a good chop upon the cyan pegasus, causing her to fall.

"No!" yelled Jack.

Rainbow got up a moment later and drove a forehoof directly to Mad Jack's cheek, causing him to turn his head. The bruise on his face healed instantly, surprising Rainbow Dash as she circled around.

"What?" gasped Rainbow.

Fluttershy squeaked in surprise upon witnessing his healing.

Mad Jack smirked, "I am a being of magic, idiotic pegasus. Only Good Jack can slay me. But doubt remains within him. Only he could remove me, and he is too much of a moron to figure that out!" he cackled.

He tried to use his blade to slice the pegasus, but Rainbow's speed allowed her to dodge each swipe and slash as fast she could, barely missing by a single strand of hair on her mane.

"Again! What is he talking about?" Spike grunted, using his fire breath to surprise Mad Jack, who reeled back to avoid the green flames. This allowed Applejack a moment to strike a hoof upon the dark samurai's torso, making him stagger slightly.

Jack's fist twitched, gripping his sword as hard as he could.

“I will say once more. It is for the better that you do not know." he told them.

He charged forward and attemped to strike Mad Jack down again, but the evil counterpart raised his blade as an all too familiar sound echoed across the large arena. Again, white sparks flashed for only a second as metal collided with metal from the attack.

CLANG!

"Come on, Jack! You have to reveal it!" Pinkie pleaded. "What's so bad about this!?"

Jack lowered his weapon as did Mad Jack. The dark samurai turned his gaze to the side for only a moment. But in that moment, he caught Jack off guard by shoving him away, and he chased after the ponies again. Twilight and Rarity used a telekinesis spell to levitate some loose rocks to hold him back. The pebbles and debris were simply knocked away by Mad Jack as he stepped forward.

"A pitiful attempt, equines! Such a shame it had to be this way!"

"I cannot reveal it! The knowledge I have could put you all in grave danger,”Jack warned, elbowing Mad Jack before he could reach the Equestrians, “It is for the better if you forgot I was ever here and leave me to handle this matter alone! You have done more than enough by leading me here!"

Applejack growled, "Ya think this is our first rodeo, Jack? We've dealt with things as bad as this," she revealed, kicking Mad Jack with both of her hindlegs, driving the dark samurai back a little bit while Rainbow punched the evil counterpart of the samurai, "Whatever it is Ah'm sure we can handle it."

"You do not understand, he is far too powerful! He has enslaved my world already!" Jack begged, using his sword to shield Applejack and Rainbow from Mad Jack's own.

“He?” Applejack asked with a raised eyebrow.

The dark samurai rolled his eyes, "Typical good guy act, Jack! Spill the beans already! Wait... In fact, don't! I can finally corrupt you once and for all!"

Jack lowered his body and performed a sweep kick, tripping Mad Jack as he fell on his bottom.

Jack held his blade outward, "Enough of your needless insults. You are nothing like me. I will vanquish you like I have done the last time."

With a smirk and a swipe of his blade, Jack was caught off guard, and his sword was thrown aside, falling onto the ground with a small thud. His eyes widened, and he was ready to reach for his sword. But Mad Jack cut through his kimono and created some red scratches on his body, causing him to grunt in pain, holding the spots.

“Never let your guard down, you idiot!"

Frightened at what was happening and concerned for his well-being, Fluttershy immediately ran over to Jack to see if he was okay.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy gasped, "Are you alright?"

Jack sighed, "I am well, miss. Thank you. Please... Move back before you are injured." he pleaded.

"Oh no you don't!"

Looking up, Jack and Fluttershy saw Mad Jack in midair, sword raised over his head. The meek pegasus hid behind the good samurai, and he had no problem shielding her from him. He raised both of his fists, intending to do whatever it took. But the sound of a scratchy voice got his attention.

"Yo, Jack!"

At the mention of his name, the human turned his head.

Jack saw Rainbow hold his sword and she flicked her hoof, throwing it at him.

“Catch!" she ordered.

Samurai Jack raised his arm and managed to catch his blade as Mad Jack came to his descent, blocking his vertical slice.

CLANG!

The two samurai gritted their teeth as they dueled.

“As long as you keep the truth from them, you cannot be truly rid of me yet." Mad Jack said with a confident smirk.

Twilight held her hooves to her head, "What are you hiding from us, Jack? Whatever it is, we can handle it! We’re your friends!”

Closing his eyes, Jack lowered his weapon as did his doppelganger. He saw no other option. He finally knew that he must tell his Equestrian friends.

“Very well. If it is necessary to defeat you again, then so be it." he exhaled sharply.

"My friends. I come from not only a different world, but a different time period.”

“A different time period?” Fluttershy asked as she cocked her head.

“Yes. Long ago, a dark evil, known as Aku, took over my homeland, and captured my father in the process. I was sent to destroy him with my sword, but before I could finish him, he sent me through a portal into the future, where he rules the planet with an iron fist." Jack started to explain.

He attacked Mad Jack as much as he could, tearing apart more of his kimono and scratching his body.

The samurai growled, "He has an unknown amount of power that only my sword can defeat. We have been fighting for what feels like years. Everytime I get closer to reaching my goal, he is usually the one who gets in my way. And I cannot leave others to suffer his wrath. His reign holds throughout the universe, and I left it."

The ponies and dragon gasped as Samurai Jack finished his tale, "I have mostly wandered alone, as Aku was able to track me at any opportunity, and I fear that anyone close to me will too become a target. I cannot have Aku find out I'm here, become aware of you, and plunge this world into darkness like he has done to mine."

"I have admittedly come here to find a way to get back to my past, and intend to use the Chronos Compass to do so. But by coming here, I have put your world in the crossfire of my battle. I am sorry." he hung his head in shame, feeling selfish for what he has done.

Mad Jack cackled and decked Jack in the face, forcing him down, "I see you have accepted it. Now, die!"

"Wait!" Twilight pleaded, using a spell to push the dark samurai away from his doppelganger, "Jack... You cannot handle this alone. Whatever happens, we'll handle it together. Aku will not harm our world so long as we're here. Plus, once we find the compass, you can just stop him right? Don't doubt yourself for thinking whatever happens is your fault. You're only looking to save your world, I don't think any of us are upset about that."

"Nope!" Pinkie agreed.

"And we are finding the compass!" Rainbow assured with a determined chant, “And if Aku shows up, I'll be doing a Sonic Rainboom to blow him up!"

"This time you have us to depend on!" Spike announced.

"They're right. You're only doing what is right. But we'll be here to help you, Jack. Just trust us." Starlight concluded.

Jack knelt and panted, raising his head, "You...you are right. I-I cannot hold this burden by myself anymore if I am to be here. No more shall the clouds of doubt overtake me. This world will not suffer the wrath of Aku. Not as long as you're able to stand by me." he announced with determination and a grin.

After declaring this, Mad Jack's body began to glow yellow. He looked upon himself in shock, "What?! No! No! I cannot be hidden away again! Someday, goodie two sandals! Someday, I will force you to lose yourself! For I--" he never finished, as an explosion of light overtook the room, causing the heroes to shield their eyes until it faded.

Once the light dimmed down, Jack looked upon where Mad Jack once was, seeing a glowing yellow needle lying on the floor. Curious, the human picked it up as Pinkie chanted in a sing-song tone, "Dun dun duuuuun!"

"At last, I am a step closer to ending my quest." whispered the samurai.

"Is that...a piece of the Chronos Compass?" Starlight asked.

Right away, everypony and dragon came to take a closer look at the piece. Pinkie Pie even got out her magnifying glass again to really get a look.

“So, the legends are true after all then. That's good news." Starlight speaks up.

Jack smiled, "Indeed it is. I must thank you all for not giving up on me, even if I was foolish to refuse your aid. You have shown me that companionship is necessary now if I am to find the rest of the pieces in Equestria."

Twilight nodded, "You're welcome, Jack. If everything you said is true, then it looks like you'll need all the help you can get in stopping Aku." she replied.

"Yeah, that Aku guy won't know what hit him!" Rainbow said, smacking her hooves together.

Jack by then turned toward Fluttershy and Applejack, realizing that he didn’t get to know their names yet.

“I do not think I got to know the names of you two yet.” he told them.

“Oh, that’s right!” Fluttershy realized, “It’s really great to meet you Jack. My name’s Fluttershy.”

“And Ah’m Applejack.” Applejack greeted.

Now knowing the names of the two new ponies of the group, and looking upon them and the rest of his new friends, Jack faced the exit.

"How about we take our leave and discuss finding the next piece?" he suggested, leading the others outside.

Jack now had companions in this world. He thought back to the Scotsman as well, with him being the only good friend he made in the future. If he could befriend him and trust him in battle after how they met, he was sure he could trust the Equestrians in helping him in times of hardship.

The samurai thought back to his old friend, and wondered how he would fare in this world. A smile was plastered on his face upon the thought and he shook his head.

"What is it, Jack?" Spike asked, seeing the human's expressions.

"Nothing. Just thinking." he shrugged off.

The group looked at him for a moment, as they couldn’t help but feel curious about what he must have been thinking. But, they decided to not get too nosy in the matter.

Once everyone exited the temple, they headed back to the forest, ready to take on the rest of the search for the Chronos Compass.