• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 6,032 Views, 237 Comments

The Samurai Called Jack - MetalJrock

  • ...
16
 237
 6,032

VII: Jack vs. the Bandits

After three days of nonstop ambulating, and since he met the cavern guardian, Jack finally sees another town from outside of the trees. He was glad that the guardian guided him to the right spot, and that he didn’t choose the path that would foretell his future. The samurai did not need to know of his fate, after all, he believed to be one to determine his own future. One that he would shape with righteousness.

He spotted a wooden sign attached to a tree that said ‘Whinnyapolis’, which was apparently what this new place was called. He then continued on, glad to see another town.
****
A few minutes later, as he stood a foot away in front of Whinnyapolis, Jack sighed. He recalled that apparantally there was a train station that could take him to Ponyville. He had been wandering for over a day and even he grew weary after such a long time. Although, the samurai had to admit that it was strange wandering around without having to worry about Aku chasing him.

'But how long can this peace last? If I am absent long enough, Aku may grow aware of my disappearance.' thought Jack, realizing what was at stake. 'He cannot track me to this world. I will not let him.'

And so, Jack finally stepped into the town. What caught his eye though was that despite the rising sun, there was nopony outside. The eerie silence worried Jack, unable to see any pony in sight. His footsteps and the wind were the only sounds heard. The samurai wondered what was happening and wished that the citizens would reveal themselves. Something wasn’t right.

The samurai saw and heard windows and doors slam close with each pasing minute. Confused, Jack drew forth his blade and turned his eyes, hoping to find something that could clue him in on what was happening now.

"Hey there, stranger."

Hearing the voice, Jack turned around, seeing a group of ponies consisting of an earth pony, a unicorn, and a pegasus, wearing ascots that covered their faces. They wore hats and clothes that covered their entire bodies, with blades strapped to their sides.

“We ain't seen a folk like you here before. You should just run and hide like the other weak ponies in this here town. Name's Hold Over." the earth pony spoke.

"What have you done to make a town like this so fearful?"

The leader pony chuckled, "It's quite simple. We took it over. Gotta make money and a livin' somehow. Whoever misbehaves get themselves a beatin' and their stuff taken. It's just how things work around here, y'know?"

Jack shook his head, "No. No one should live in fear. Especially in fear of crooks like you."

"Aw. That's too bad. Because we don't care."

The samurai narrowed his eyes, "You should. How has this happened anyhow?"

"It was quite simple. We show up, show our might, hurt a few wimps, then we get the final say." the leader revealed, standing on his hindlegs as he boasted. "It's pretty fun. Nopony gets in our way and we get whatever we want whenever we want."

Jack groaned, "You have made a grave mistake doing that, then. Now, I will reclaim this town back to its former glory and time of freedom." he boasted, pointing his blade forward at the bandits, "You will all retreat and never come back."

"And how are ya going to do that, huh? With that letter opener in your grip?"

A frown appeared on Jack's face, "No. If I were to use it you may not survive." he sheathed the blade. "I shall have to best you without it. You may think you are powerful with your weapons, but it is how you use them that makes you a warrior."

"Heh. Some tough words fer a wimp,” the pony says with a smug, “Blade Bringer. Show 'em your moves."

The pegasus smirked, "With pleasure."

With a yell, the swordpony unsheathed his sword and held it in his hooves, raising it over his head. Jack stood still as the pony came closer to him. The pony slashed downward, but missed the human. Jack grabbed the pony's hooves and swiped them down, causing him to release the blade in his grip. The samurai grabbed the sword by the hilt and pinned it on the ground as he tossed the swordspony over his shoulder.

The remaining three ponies scowled. The unicorn came up next and began to shoot magic at Jack. The samurai gritted his teeth and held up the blade, deflecting the magic beams. Unfortunately, the sword wasn't built for that and shattered after taking a few shots, the pointed end snapping in half and falling to the floor. The man threw aside the broken hilt and rolled from the next shot.

Jack grunted, getting to a knee and seeing the pony's sweat pour from his face. He knew that he was getting worn out. And so, he stood up and went to grab the broken sword's handle. With another beam of magic passing him, Jack tossed the end so that it would bluntly hit the unicorn on the side of the head, knocking him out.

The samurai exhaled, seeing the handle bounce off the unicorn's cheek and onto the ground. The unicorn bandit fell on his stomach with a single grunt escaping him. Jack stood up, fists raised.

"Well well. Looks like the stranger has some fight in him. Let me show ya how to fight." Hold Over says.

Then, he used his mouth to grab his own sword, pulling it ouf of the sheath strapped to his side.

“Bring it on, samurai freak." he hissed in disgust, "This town is ours and there's nothin' you can do about it."

Jack scowled, drawing his sword at last. "I am giving you a choice. Leave now, or face the consequences."

Hold Over laughed, "As if you have the guts to end me."

"No, I do not. But I will make sure you leave one way or another. These ponies do not deserve what you are doing to them. Making them live in fear, to refuse to come outside. You say you harm them." Jack snarled.

The leader of the bandits smirked, "I did it to teach these ponies fear. To have them learn what I've gone through. I lived in a pretty terrible part of Equestria, beaten by family, friends, and the common stranger. Crime was rampant back in my youth. Nopony refused to do anything, and they’re heads were too far in the peaceful life they thought they were in. This was done to show that there are things in the world you cannot be happy about, to show what I've gone through. Maybe then, something could be done about it."

"This isn't the way to go about it! There’s a better way than this! There's still a chance!"

Hold Over shook his head, "No. It's too late. This is what needs to be done."

The samurai paused for a second as the wind passed before holding his sword in front of him, blocking Hold Over's own. "Very well. If it has come down to this, then so be it."

Jack swung his sword in the opposite direction of the bandit's own, deflecting each strike with a metal clang each time metal hit metal. Hold Over narrowed his eyes and lunged at Jack, the man turning his stomach to dodge the tip of the sword. Jack swung his arm downwards, hitting not only the sword, but causing the pony to buckle onto his stomach. The samurai swung once more to force the pony to release the blade.

In anger, Hold Over attempted to kick Jack, but he moved his body so that the attempt was missed. The samurai jumped a little, and lowered his sword as a way to not harm the pony by killing him. He grabbed the pony's forehoof and held it. Jack then grabbed the handle of the broken sword that lied next to him, and used it to knock out the bandit.

The blowing wind passed by the man as he stared at the unconscious bodies of the bandits. "...It is alright! You all may leave!"

At the sound of the voice, ponies from all over the town opened their doors and windows, smiles seen on their faces. Cheers were echoed as everypony came near the samurai. Thanks and calls of gratitude were had as Jack silently listened to everypony call for him, the stranger. Some even tied up the bandits so they could be put on trial for the crimes they committed.

"Thank you!"

"What are you?"

"Excuse me. You are all welcome, I did what I must... But I must be going to Ponyville. Where is the nearest train station?" Jack asked, getting everypony to stop talking.

"Down there." a friendly pony answered and pointed south of where Jack was standing.

The samurai nodded, "Thank you."

"But wait! Who are you?"

As the human walked away from the growing crowed, he turned his head around and answered, "They call me... Jack."

After the introduction, he moved away, heading for the nearby station as the ponies watched him leave.