• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 6,043 Views, 237 Comments

The Samurai Called Jack - MetalJrock

  • ...
16
 237
 6,043

IX: Jack vs. the Swordspony

The moment the two enemies saw each other, an intense stare off came before one of the spoke to break the ice.

“How are you here?” Jack asked, “I apprehended you back at Whinnyapolis."

Blade Bringer chuckled, "Wasn't that hard. Woke up before I was tied up with my allies and fought my way here. Found you in here and waited until the time was right. I've come for payback for humiliating me."

Jack sighed, "Very well. Perhaps another lesson is in order. You are not wise in thinking you and the bandits would succeed."

The man reached for his sword as did the pony. They glared at one another again in silence. Ponies watches the silent duel in awe, waiting for one of them to do something.

And then the swords clashed.

Jack raised his blade, blocking the downward swing of the pony's own sword. A clanging sound heard as metal clashed.

“We mustn't fight here! The ponies could be hurt!" he yelled.

"You embarassed my crew, stranger. I don't care anymore. I was supposed to be the best swordspony in all of Equestria!" Blade Bringer boasted, taking a step forward, causing the samurai to move backwards a little.

Jack gritted his teeth, ending the collision of their swords and ducking down, hoping to trip the pony with a sweep kick. Despite the cramped train car he was in, he was able to land a kick that tripped the swordspony onto his back. The samurai watched as he instantly flipped back to his hooves, standing upright in a matter of seconds.

Blade Bringer swung horizontally, prompting Jack to swing in the opposite direction, blocking the attack with ease. Small sparks were seen from the metal blades, bringing a flicker of light for only a fraction of a second as they continued.

Rearing his hoof back, the stallion hoped to use his free hoof to punch the samurai. But Jack telegraphed the attack and held the hoof in his palm, blocking the punch. To counter, he struck his hand to the pony's elbow and shoved him aside, making him stumble backwards.

Blade Bringer smirked, "Guess I gotta stop holdin' back then."

He held his sword and pointed it at the samurai.

“You know, stranger. It's not everyday I use this much effort. Most would fall before they’re given the chance to fight back. Even when I took the town over, I didn't do this much." he admitted aloud.

Jack raised a brow, bringing his blade down for a moment.

"What do you mean? What of the gang you were with?" Jack asked, scowling.

"The gang I was with couldn't comprehend that fact. They held me back all this time. But you..." he raised his sword, using both of his hooves to somehow grip the handle. "You're a worthy opponent. Somepony of my caliber. Finally."

Jack turned around, seeing the ponies fear for themselves. Children holding tightly to their parents. Other ponies were either staying in their seats with fear, hiding under the benches, or keeping their heads down to make themselves invisible to the eye.

“All of you, get to cover. Underneath the seats, another car, anything. I do not wish for any of you to get hurt." he commanded loud enough for everypony to hear him.

The ponies around him did as he suggested.

While the human held off the swordspony, more ponies hid underneath their seats, while others retreated to a different car until the battle ended. This left the samurai to do as much as possible inside the car, but he realized something, using his sword to deflect another strike.

It was too small in here. He could only move forward and backwards with barely the ability to move in any other direction. Jack took a look at his surroundings, hoping to find a place with more space. He continued to block the swordspony's strikes in the meanwhile, swinging his blade in different directions.

The samurai grunted, slashing sideways, but the swordspony saw it coming and struck down, countering the strike with ease.

It was on the ceiling where Jack saw the exit hatch. As fast as he could, the samurai hopped on one of the leather seats, and pushed the door open as fast as he could, leaping out of the train car. Blade Bringer followed him, intending to finish the battle.

On top of the moving train car was where Jack remained still, the speed of the locomotive doing nothing to stop him. Blade Bringer managed to find him, his sword in his mouth as he climbed.

The two scowled at one another, knowing that this was going to be a bigger battle than they thought. They remained still, intending to strike when the time was right. They moved their limbs as they reached for their blades to hold down. Silence was passing among the two, the only sound being the moving train.

Then, they ran toward one another. Blade Bringer swung first, intending to hit Jack, but the human knew of the oncoming attack and swerved his body sideways, spinning his own blade around, the metal colliding once more with sound on each strike.

CLANG!

Jack flicked his arms upward, lamding a vertical slash, but Blade Bringer blocked it.

CLANG!

Blade Bringer raised his sword over his head, predicting the samurai's next move.

CLANG!

The samurai growled, holding his sword out over his face, avoiding a jab in that direction.

With one more swing, Blade Bringer brought his sword to the right, landing a good slash on the samurai's kimono, leaving a tear on its side.

“Oops. Looks like I ruined your little dress." he mocked.

Jack chose to say nothing, putting his sword back in its sheath for the moment, raising his fists. The swordspony thought nothing of the move and attacked anyway, leaving another rip in Jack's clothes as he dodged. The human moved his body to the left, driving his hand into the muzzle of the swordspony, dazing him for a second.

A snarl was heard from Blade Bringer, and he swung back in retaliation, Jack dodging in time. His face was emotionless, showing that he did not truly care for this fight, nor that he thought he wasn't going to make it. The samurai raised his arm, using his limb to shield himself from a punch from the angered pony.

Jack knew that he was getting Blade Bringer angry. And that meant he would get sloppy in his movements.

‘Perfect.’ Jack thought.

With one swift movement, Jack spun his entire body around, but Blade Bringer had managed to land a good strike, despite barely missing his flesh. Instead the top of his kimono was ripped off and torn apart, leaving only the bottom half and his chest exposed. He clenched his fist, now grabbing the flying remnant of his kimono and tying it around his waist, acting as a makeshift belt around the rest of his clothes.

Jack struck the pony's hoof as he threatened to slash his blade again, causing him to drop his blade, it flying off into the distance. Blade Bringer gritted his teeth at the human, now annoyed that his weapon was gone. Jack remained stoic as usual, and dodged each strike of the hoof he threatened to give Jack.

The samurai ended the fight by grabbing the pony by the hoof, and striking a chop precisely at the stallion's neck, knocking him unconscious. Now done with the fight, he held up the pony, allowing him to remain unconscious on the roof. Quickly, he tied him up with some rope. He hoisted his body over his shoulder, slowly climbing back down inside the car.

"It is safe now!” he called out.

The ponies still in the car moved their bodies out from under the seats, and saw Jack drop Blade Bringer's body down on the chair across from him. A few ponies by then quickly apprehended the unconscious Blade Bringer, holding him down until the authorities come to take him away at some point.

The ponies who ran to the other car came back, and saw what was happening.

Applause was heard all around the car, but the samurai tuned them out. At this point, it was a common trend, but he did not need to be acknowledged. He gave the ponies a quick smile of gratitude before looking out the window. It was there he saw a sign.

'Welcome to Ponyville.'

Jack grinned again, 'Finally. I have reached my destination.'

Now, he was getting closer than ever to achieving his goal.