• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 6,043 Views, 237 Comments

The Samurai Called Jack - MetalJrock

  • ...
16
 237
 6,043

XVI: Jack and the Scotsman Reunite

Jack lowered his weapon upon hearing the bagpipes echo in the forest. Discord raised a brow at the samurai's actions.

“Um, Jack. Should we not fight the source of this noise?" he asked, "You act as though bagpipes are normal, and I usually do stuff like this!"

"No. Wait." Jack suggested with a wave of his hand, "I recognize that tune."

"You do? Didn't see that coming." muttered the draconequess.

A shadow appeared in front of the samurai and spirit of chaos. Jack's smile grew into a smirk, recognizing the burly shape and the bagpipes blaring behind it. Discord wondered who it was, and looked back at Jack, who seemed to be at ease.

Seeing Jack’s behavior, and believing it meant there was no danger, he removed gi with a simply yank, throwing it aside and turning it into a small cape around his back.

At last, the figure revealed itself. He was a burly man wearing a white shirt with a plaid kilt. His mustache and hair was red, with his hair strapped in a ponytail with none on top. He wielded a sword as big as Jack's own on his back and he had a minigun for a leg. The man stopped playing his bagpipes, opening his eyes.

"Ha! Well, the last person I expected was you, laddie!" the man laughed with a grin. "What are the odds of me finding ya in quite a place, am I right?"

Nodding, Jack allowed his friend to speak.

"It appears ye have grown tired of Aku's stupidity, eh? Well, I don't blame ya! So how is my favorite pajama-wearing pal?" he patted the samurai on the back in a friendly manner.

"I am doing well old friend. What brings you to this world?" Samurai Jack wondered.

The Scotsman laughed again, "Aye. It be quite a tale. Ya see, my lovely wife got upset at me for leavin' again. Wanted to find her a gift to match 'er beauty as an apology for me mistake! Found a nice crystal and accidentally put meself in this strange land as a result! Surprised to see you here as well, though!" he gazed upon the draconequss, who was listening to the Scotsman speak.

"And who be this mismatched, animal confusin', freak of nature be, laddie?" the man asked.

Discord fumed at those words, but ducked when Scotsman pointed his sword at him.

“Seems to be quite a strange lookin' fellow." he chuckled.

"Watch where you swing that thing!" Discord scolded. "And I'm not a freak of nature."

"He is Discord, a Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. I still wonder how the natives of this world befriended a creature such as yourself." Jack wondered aloud.

Discord raised a finger, "It's quite simple. Chaos is quite boring when nopony else likes it and you have no friends. Fluttershy taught me that and treated me like an equal." he smiled softly.

"I see." Jack replied.

Scotsman laughed, "What kinda name is Fluttershy? Sounds like the name of a pansy!"

Discord rolled his arm up like a sleeve, "What?!" he fumed again.

The samurai narrowed his eyes at his unknown insult.

“Fluttershy is a good friend of mine as well, Scotsman. Please don't upset Discord." he advised. "He is quite powerful."

Scotman's eyes widened, "Well, in that case I take back what I said. Any friend of ya is a friend'a mine! So, what brings ya here, Jackie? Tryin' to stop Aku once again? That big baby will have'ta stop at some point!" he said.

Jack closed his eyes, "I am still seeking a way to my time. I ended up in a temple and found the same crystal as you it seems. It seems there is a magical connection to this dimension, ours, and the artifact we used to find ourselves here. Where did you end up?"

"I be in that forest for a bit before walkin' here,” Scotsman pointed out, "Decided to play me bagpipes as I wandered around, hopin' to find somethin' fer me lovely wife before I return. She be a beautful daisy and needs a gift as equal as her sweet personality." he muttered.

Discord whispered, "This guy's married?"

Jack muttered, "Yes. Surprised me as well."

Scotsman sheathed his sword again, "So, where we be headin' now?" he wondered.

Jack replied, "We were on our way to a kingdom called the Crystal Empire. It seems something is coming, a dark presence as it were. Not only that, but there is an artifact called the Chronos Compass, we found one piece and there is another where we are going. It could be the key to defeating Aku in my time."

"A treasure hunt, eh? Sign me up then, Jackie!" Scotsman laughed. "So, what can ya do, Discord?"

"Me?" the draconequess pointed to himself, "Well, I am capable of chaos magic. Beyond any magic in this world. I was helping Jack here cause I thought there was some dark threat from his world. Instead it was a ruffian friend."

"Who you be callin' ruffian?" Scotsman growled. "I'll have ya know I be a warrior strong enough to have Aku tremble before himself like a wimpy tree flailing in the wind."

"Very well,” Discord sighed. "May I ask how the likes of you met in the first place? I may be the spirit of chaos, but seeing you two be on such good terms surprises even me."

"We were on hostile terms at first. But as warriors we grew an appreciation for our abilities. I too was surprised when he asked me for help when we first reunited." admitted Jack.

"I told ya why already, it was to save me darlin' wife from those demons. We haven't seen each other since I saved yer skin from those filthy sea-dogs that played with yer mind." Scotsman laughed, putting a hand to his chest.

Discord snapped, reading a dictionary to understand what the Scotsman was saying, "Filthy sea-dogs..." he repeated to himself, turning page after page to find the definition he was looking for, "Oh, you mean Sirens! Luckily, you didn't meet the ones Twilight faced. The way she described them, they were sea-dogs."

"There are Sirens here too?" the samurai wondered.

"Ha! They will be no match for my bag-pipes!" Scotsman boasted.

Discord waved a hand, "No no. They're in a different dimension, where human counterparts of the ponies and other creatures hang out near a high school. Haven't heard from them apparently. Maybe I should start a reformation clinic." he hummed the idea, supporting it slightly. "Maybe when we're done with Sombra's plans where we're going."

"I ain't heard of Sombra." Scotsman said, "Is he some sort of lunatic from an asylum?"

"According to Twilight and her friends, he’s an Equestrian super villain. We have to warn the Crystal Empire of his presence. Discord said he plans to unleash an army of dark minions on them and the rest of this world. I'll introduce you to them once we arrive."

Scotsman smirked, "Well, we can't have that happen can we? It'll be like old times, laddie! How shall we get there in time?"

The draconequess cracked his knuckles, putting on a conductor's hat, "It'll be your guide on this journey."

"What you be talkin' about?" the burly man asked. "What's with the fancy get up? Ya look like you belong on the front of a children's storybook now."

Discord ignored his comment and snapped his fingers. A flash of white enveloped himself, Jack and Scotsman. Their destination: the Crystal Empire.
****
A black and red horn hopped into the dark cavern from the blizzard, a dark trail following its every move.

‘Finally. The temple I have seeked.' his unique situation allowed it to shield itself from any of the traps that lied within this temple.

The horn moved about, disguising itself from any danger. Finally, after wandering about a few hallways, it reached a large room. Lying on a pedestal was a golden cylinder.

‘The fragment of the fabled Chronos Compass.' it whispered.

Hopping about a little more, the horn made its way to the top of the pedestal.

With the horn glowing, a golden aura surrounded it, enhanced by the power of the fragment. At last the disembodied horn finally had a body to go with it, wearing the compass piece like a ring over it. Sombra smirked, revealing his fangs.

“I am reborn at last!" he spoke aloud in a proud tone.

Sombra cackled, using his magic once more, "Soon, my Umbra army shall reign darkness upon the Crystal Empire. And not even the Elements of Harmony can stop me. Nor that accursed dragon."

A fog of darkness covered the room as he cackled, bringing about strange forms of ponies, thestrals and even gargoyles, all surrounding the dark king, who looked upon his army smugly.

Author's Note:

I'm hoping I kept the Scotsman in character. He was fun to write though.