• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 6,043 Views, 237 Comments

The Samurai Called Jack - MetalJrock

  • ...
16
 237
 6,043

XI: Jack's New Friends

Twilight's eyes slowly opened, finding herself back on her sofa. She raised a hoof to her head, feeling a slight bump from the fall she had.

“Oh wow..." she muttered, letting out a quiet sigh, "What happened?"

"I dunno." Rainbow shrugged, the alicorn turning her head to find the cyan pegasus sitting by her head, "I never took ya for the fainting type, Twi." she chuckled.

Turning her head again, Twilight got another look at the stranger.

"My apologies, princess,” he bowed his head to show his sincerest apologies to the mare, “I did not mean to startle you like that. I only wish for your assistance."

"I-I didn't think that people from the mirror world could appear in that form. This... This could be a breakthrough!" Twilight gasped, shaking her head, knocking herself out of her own muttering and thoughts, “S-Sorry. I was just surprised. Seeing you here... It means Lyra was right and that the Mirror dimension isn't the only place with bipedal furless creatures like you."

Jack raised a brow upon hearing the alicorn's words, "Pardon me. But I do not know of what you are talking about. I did not appear through a mirror or the like. I am a human from another universe. I only wish to seek your aid, Princess Twilight."

Rainbow nodded, "He's legit, Twi. I gave him a bit of the ol' Rainbow scare tactic.”

“Okaaay. That probably wasn’t the most necessary thing to do though, Rainbow,” Twilight said, “You could have just-“

“Aw c’mon, Twilight. I just had to test him before letting him see you. Besides, he has this really incredible sword.”

Seeing the direction that her hoof was pointing, she sees that the warrior had a sword inside of a sheath which was attached to a kind of belt to secure it.

“Don't worry, it won't even poke you,” Rainbow assures her, “He says that the reason he’s here is for something about a compass."

"Did somepony say compass!" yelled out a voice.

Turning around, Twilight and Rainbow saw Pinkie hop into the room, seemingly overhearing their conversation.

“I love treasure hunts!" she joyously says.

"Pinkie? What the hay are you doing here?" Rainbow wondered.

"Weeellll...first I wanted to visit Twilight, but then I saw a crowd around some stranger and I just had to welcome him!" Pinkie faced the samurai, who glanced to the other two, "And there he is!”

Pinkie then hopped over to Jack.

“Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie! Oh boy, you don't look like any pony, dragon, or changeling I've ever seen." she added, observing his body for a moment.

"It is nice to meet you, Mrs. Pie. I'm Jack.” Jack greeted with a bow.

Pinkie giggled when Jack called her that.

“No need to call me that, silly. Mrs. Pie is my mom, Cloudy Quartz.” she told him.

“Very well. I must admit, I've met very few people as enthusiastic as yourself." the samurai added, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Pinkie pointed to his waist, "Why is there table rag tied above your legs?" she wondered.

Jack looked down, "Oh, that is my kimono. The clothing I wear. It had gotten damaged during my travels. As of now, I have no way of repairing it back to its proper condition. This... really isn't the first time something like this has happened to me."

"I think I know somepony who can help with fixin' that." Rainbow revealed instantly, glancing at his white clothes.

Twilight decided to speak up, "Before you do that, you mentioned you came to me for something? What could I possibly help you with?” she questioned the samurai.

"I have heard tales of a relic called the Chronos Compass, and that you would have the supplement information on such a fabled object. I was hoping you would take the chance to aid me by deciphering any books or information to find the location of even just a single piece,” Jack explained, “If it is no trouble at all for you, of course.”

"Of course I can help. I've read about the compass before. Especially about how the pieces are scattered around Equestria. However, I’ll need to find the books for it first. It shouldn’t be hard since Starlight and Spike can help with that.” Twilight told him.

“Thank you. I would very much appreciate that.” Jack thanked.

“You’re welcome,” Twilight replied, “While I look, you can get your...kimono repaired, and by the time you come back, hopefully I'll have everything sorted out."

Rainbow nodded, "Cool. It's about time we took ya to Rarity's. She'll probably have a fashion fit or something about how you teared these fabrics or whatever." she chuckled.

"Can I come?" Pinkie wondered aloud.

"Uh...sure, Pinkie." Rainbow agreed awkwardly.
****
The trip to their next location was rather brief and easy. The samurai noticed that after the public display he and Rainbow had, his presence was easier to absorb within the equine-filled city. He hoped Twilight was able to find even just the location of one piece of the legendary Chronos Compass. If so, he would be able to figure out the rest from there, like he had done plenty of times.

Jack was also surprised to hear that his kimono could be repaired in this world and was offered so easily. Not to say, it wasn't easy before. He was given such kind hospitality before, and he would be forever grateful to those who did. But the fact this happened so soon, it rathered surprised him.

But now, Jack, Rainbow, and Pinkie arrived to their desired spot. Rainbow had called it the Carousel Boutique, and it certaintly lived up to its name. The cyan pegasus gave a light knock.

“Come in!" shouted a rather elegant voice in a sing-song tone.

The first to step inside were Rainbow and Pinkie. A white unicorn with a purple mane looked from her sewing machine and saw her friends come in, "Rainbow Dash! Pinkie Pie! It is quite a surprise seeing you two, here. To what do I owe the pleasure?" she greeted her friends.

At that moment, Samurai Jack stepped in. Rarity seemed unfazed, "Ah, yes. You must be the new fellow I heard about that Rainbow challenged earlier. Who are you?" she asked.

"Jack." the human replied, "How do you know of that? It just happened an hour ago."

"A customer came by earlier and described the scene." her eyes looked down to the kimono.

"My word!" Rarity gasped.

"...Is everything all right?" Jack asked in confusion.

Lighting up her horn, Jack found his kimono coming off him in a light blue glow. "No, everything is certainly not alright. This...robe is torn to near pieces. Luckily, it looks like I can still scavenge it back to its former glory in no time!" Rarity nearly screamed.

"Told ya!" Rainbow whispered to the samurai with a chuckle.

Rarity, with a determined scowl, got right to work, pulling out any white materials she could find and her sewing machine.

“Rarity is doing her magic!" Pinkie cheered.

Jack, Rainbow, and Pinkie sat down and waited, the pegasus getting impatient in mere minutes. Rarity's focused work took a while, but they heard an exclamation and stood up from their chairs. Rarity held what looked like a brand new kimono with her horn using magic.

“Ta-da! It looks brand new. I chose not to alter it at all." she assured.

Placing the white robe in his hands, Jack put it on with ease, feeling much more comfortable.

“Thank you. If there is any way I can repay you..." he started to say sincerely.

"Consider it on the house. All first customers get one. And, I did you a favor by fixing it. It looked terrible all ripped up. It would be a shame if it happened again."

Jack was about to say something about that, but he kept his mouth shut.

“Well, thank you, Miss Rarity. Where I'm from, generosity like this is so few and far." he bowed as a token of appreciation. "If you will excuse us, we must head back to Princess Twilight's castle."

"You met Twilight? May I come along? I was about to close shop for the day anyhow." Rarity inquired. "And Sweetie Belle is out playing with Scootaloo and Applebloom."

"Sure." agreed Rainbow.
****
When the four got back, they were a bit surprised by how much the room changed. Twilight and another unicorn were looking over pages and papers as a purple and green scaled dragon held another paper with a quilt pen for notes. Jack was the most taken aback by this.

“Um..." he muttered, getting the three's attention.

"Oh, Jack! You're back! And you brought Rarity." Twilight noticed, "We were just about finished here anyway."

"Is this the...human you mentioned Twilight?" the bright purple unicorn asked.

"Yes. Jack, meet my student, Starlight Glimmer. And my number one assistant and best friend, Spike."

As Twilight introduced them, the two waved in greeting.

Jack smiled and waved back, "It is a pleasure to meet you. So, you said you were almost done?"

"Done with what?" Rarity wondered, not knowing what was happening.

"Compass stuff. Legendary object." Rainbow elaborated briefly.

Twilight nodded, "The Chronos Compass. An artifact that will allow the wielder to control time itself once collected. We managed to decipher some of the ancient texts and books in which they were described. It appears a piece is within a temple just beyond the Everfree Forest." she revealed. "There is more within these writings, but it's better if I told you where to start so we can continue these findings later."

Nodding, Jack put a finger to his chin, "The Everfree Forest?"

"Yes, we even charted an estimated location on a map for you." Starlight added, levitating a map to the samurai's grip. After looking it over, he rolled it up.

“We shouldn't take too long in our travels anyhow." Twilight said.

"We?" repeated the human with a raised brow.

Twilight answered, "Yes. Fluttershy and Applejack should already be on their way. Once we're all together, then we'll all head out to the temple beyond the forest."

"What? You think we're gonna miss out on some epic adventure like this?" Rainbow wondered.

Silence was shared among pegasus and samurai.

Sighing, Jack put his arms to his side and lowered his head, "I am sorry. But this is something I must do on my own. I cannot have all of you risk yourselves for my endeavors."

"What?!" Pinkie gasped.

The cyan pegasus folded her hooves, "I'm not sitting this one out. And I don't think any one of us want to."

"Yeah. We can handle ourselves." Spike agreed.

Rarity gulped, "And who knows what else lies in that forest?"

Jack closed his eyes, "I assure you. This is something that I shall handle alone. I will reach the temple past the Everfree Forest and continue my way from there. I cannot thank all of you enough for aiding me in this, and it seems the other ponies were correct in suggesting you to seek my help with, Princess Twilight." he said humbly. "I will be forever grateful for that. But I must bid farewell and continue on."

"Just call me Twilight. I rather don't like the title being thrown around unless it is for a formal event or manner." the alicorn admitted. "But can you just wait please?"

Starlight continued her plea, "This could be something big for all of Equestria, Jack. To learn that such a powerful artifact exists? To prove it? What do you need that kind of power for anyway?"

"...To end my quest."

"Quest?" Spike repeated, "What quest?"

Samurai Jack faced the ponies with a determined scowl, "The same one that brought me here to this strange world. That brought me to you. To save my world from an evil that is ruling it. I cannot afford to have more innocents harmed in my battles. I will not ask of you to fight my battles with me, either. The last thing I want is for all of you to get hurt. Or worse...killed.” he said.

What he just said sunk in to everypony. Even Rainbow’s ears were perked high at how serious this must be and how serious Jack sounded.

“So, I will head out to find the first piece of the Chronos Compass myself." he turned his body around and walked to the hallway, "And do not follow me. Please."
****
It didn’t take long for Jack to leave the inside of the castle.

Once he was only a few feet away, he took a quick look back because of how helpful the princess and her friends had been to him. Then, he continued on.

Little did he know though, that his new friends were watching him from a window up top in Twilight’s bedroom.

Rainbow huffed, "Who does he think he is anyway? Benching us like that? We could've been on a Daring Do type adventure!"

"I agree. I was hoping to go on an epic quest." Spike sighed in slight disappointment, "Plus, I kinda wanted to use his sword."

Twilight exhaled, "That could've gone better. Luckily, we marked the location on a second map just in case. Once Fluttershy and Applejack arrive, we'll head out and search for him."

"Yeah! He can't go to this mysterious temple alone!" Pinkie said to the others. "We have to hurry!"