• Published 5th Jul 2012
  • 2,137 Views, 26 Comments

Pony Zombie Apocalypse - Icewind505



A strange plague has fallen over Equestria. It's up to the pony gang and others to save it.

  • ...
4
 26
 2,137

Flashback

"Princess Luna, where are we headed? Where can we go to the outskirts of Equestria."

Shining Armor had been the one to break the silence and voice everyone's thoughts. Luna stood tall and proud, she knew that the answer would not please the others but it was necessary.

"We are going to the kingdom of the changelings."

Gasps went all around the circle of friends and muttering could be heard. Whether it was positive no one could tell.

"Princess, their queen almost destroyed my wedding along with the whole kingdom of Equestria, why would-"

Luna shoved a hoof in his mouth, her eye was twitching and she knew that if he wasn't shut up now he wouldn't stop until he ran out of complaints. He had developed that knack during his time in the castle after the spell's power still gave him headaches.

"I know that everypony thinks very badly of Queen Chryshalis and her army of changelings but in fact long ago we were allies. The changelings ate meat, they did not feed on love. The changelings were respected as they respected us. At least until the disease spread, it started with one of the ponies. His name was Star Rider. A well-respected unicorn, no one knew how he got the disease, but we knew it was dangerous. We studied him carefully, we got much information from him. But we could not keep him here for fear of infection to others. So we banished him from Equestria, we kept a close eye on him with one of our pegasi. Eventually he stumbled upon the changeling empire. He was welcomed with open arms, our pegasus scout flew as fast as he could to tell us but it was too late. Star Rider had already infected changeling after changeling and soon the whole empire had succumbed to the disease. Soon they went towards Equestria looking for others, by then the scout had reached us and we had gotten word. The council of twelve consisted of the most powerful magic users in all of Equestria, Tia and I pleaded for their assistance and they agreed to help us. But on one condition, that we would not hold them guilty of what became of the changelings. We agreed to their terms and set off to exterminate the disease. Tia and I held them off while the council looked for a solution. They found a powerful spell that would repel the disease, but someone needed to absorb what was left of it. Tia volunteered and that is how she got ill. The changelings... The spell was so powerful that it charred their skins black and their manes were exposed to powerful magic radiation to the point that the color had turned bright green. Their beautiful wings were destroyed and holes bored through their bodies. The magical residue left in their bodies allowed them to change shape. But it was the burning hatred left for us that turned them into the monsters they are today. Tia and I have mourned the loss of our friendship since then. Over the years the disease wells back up at times inside the changelings, so they have discovered a cure. We must go to them , they are our only hope."

All the ponies, including Spike, nodded with grim approval. Without another word each pony got to their feet and started to set up camp. Luna had set the sun as Celestia was no longer capable of doing so. As the tents were set up, Luna stood watch over the night. Nopony felt like eating but everypony knew that this was going to be their last peaceful night.

Comments ( 12 )

868386 read on good sir, read on. and tell me whatcha think

that was nice, very creative with the changelings:moustache:

869174 thank you, I appreciate the kind words, oh and right back at ya :moustache:

I see I wasn't the only one who wrote a zompocolypse including the ponies.:raritywink:

899276 yeah, but my other story is in progress, so I stopped this one for the moment.:twilightsheepish:

899285 I commented on the other story by the way.:pinkiecrazy: If this goes along the lines of horror, feel free to refer to ANY of my stories...:derpytongue2: they all have a VERY dark side to them while still remaining rated T.:derpytongue2: Except for 1...:pinkiecrazy: My grimdark had to be rated mature...:fluttercry:

899296 okay... yeah, I saw your comment and i said stuff. :rainbowwild: read on good sir!:pinkiehappy:

905309

Thank you. I'm gladden you liked it but I'm working on another story right now.:pinkiesmile: so try reading that instead dude.:twilightsmile:

906130 alright ill be glad too

948856 I call them Limpers

Login or register to comment