• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 1,845 Views, 401 Comments

Lab Horse - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives in a lab. She's lived in that lab all her life. The lab just happens to be on Earth. She wants to go home.

  • ...
9
 401
 1,845

PreviousChapters Next
Subject Log 4021: Screwed

The good thing about the renovation is that at least they didn't move the big sofa. That would've been baaaad for me. But I'm not gonna ramble on about the renovation. I'm gonna talk about the new guys.

To start, they're a bit... strange. I mean, I get why there's now a whole lab rat breeding room next door to me, but did they really have the thought of dissecting me or something? I know that when Delmar first caught me, he was planning on doing just that in the name of research, but before he announced the plans, he had a change of heart, and kinda just left me around as a pet instead.

But these guys, they're crazy. I mean, when someone says studying, I normally think of reading through piles of books, or even googling something. But to the new peeps here, it pretty much means stick a probe in some orifice, write something down, and repeat. If I didn't know better, I'd have said that they were aliens!

Enough on that, though. The animal control's here again, and judging from their faces, they're just as confused as I am. If it weren't for the fact that these new scientists were... well, scientists, and said animals were lab rats, then they'd all pretty much be in jail for animal abuse. I'm still not entirely sure about what they're gonna do with me though.

As for breakfast, they didn't know what else to feed me besides apples and carrots. They also took away my bed, too. Apparently, whoever it is that's in charge now thought that I had wandered into some guy's room and fell asleep, 'cause they also took away my bag of stuff.

It didn't matter all that much, though. Most of those were just little trinkets I made from old parts that the engineering department threw out. For now, I'm left with a pile of old sheets and some sort of weird block of salt. Oh yeah, and a haystack. A literal haystack. They seem to be treating me like an actual horse. Geez, don't they get the fact that a freakin' unicorn with a human-like intelligence should get more than that?

The answer to that is no. No, they don't. I'm pretty sure that they think I'm just some tiny horse thing that happened to have a horrible deformity on my head, and dyed fur. Idunno. Something. Either way, I'm still being treated like a pet for now, only I just got demoted from lab assistant to barnyard animal.

Lunch came and went. Some grass, another apple. A few mane rustles and petting. And then suddenly...

This guy just kinda barges into the main office, saying "We need to do something with that unicorn."

How do I know? Well, the sofa's still there, and I've got a little something hiding down there to hack into the security systems.

WAIT A SECOND...

Security systems. Recording speech.

Crap.

Oh, crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap...

Okay, so there's a chance that they may know about me being able to talk. The footage from the thief event was from an older camera without audio recording... but there's two other cameras in the area that may have picked up my speech, and--

The backup tapes are gone. I can't do anything about the footage. Can't delete it, can't hide it. If someone finds out about what I've been holding back, and I'm not just talking speech, then I'm pretty much screwed.

Like as in, laying on a dissection table screwed. (The thought of that still brings me chills.)

Messing with the mainframe to destroy unwanted information screwed. (Let's just say that they had a few things about my reproductive organs stored on there that I didn't want anyone to know about. Geez, they restrict naked human pics, and they're perfectly fine with naked me pics?)

Driving that golf cart in circles around the engineering department screwed. (Yep, that was fun. Until it crashed.)

And yes, I really have done those things... Not the dissection, but the other two. Usually no-one really checks the backups, since nothing big really ever happens, but if anyone, anyone, decides to randomly check, then it's all over for me.

PreviousChapters Next