• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 1,843 Views, 401 Comments

Lab Horse - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives in a lab. She's lived in that lab all her life. The lab just happens to be on Earth. She wants to go home.

  • ...
9
 401
 1,843

PreviousChapters Next
Log 4086: More teleportation practice (I guess?)

Today I was allowed to take a day off, and let Ranell take over for me temporarily since we both have access to the designs. I guess that means that I am... free? I mean, sure, I've had plenty of off-time, but this time, since I've been an active part of the team itself, I'm not only allowed to take a break but go outside.

Well, I guess it's worth a shot, though I'll probably have to choose a different disguise considering how everyone out there knows me now.


Hmm... brunette, medium-tone skin, slightly-above-average height. Should be fine. I've gotten used to walking around as a biped, so I probably shouldn't have any balance issues like before.

Also, with all the abuse I've been throwing at my abilities recently with the portal construction, my "magical" strength feels a lot greater than before. I might just try a stealth teleport or two, in fact. In public.

My basic idea is that for a stealth teleport, just after I pinpoint an exit location for the localized wormhole, I also create a temporary illusion of myself in my previous position, feeding off of residual RF waves from things like cell towers and radios for energy until it can safely fade away. That way, I'd be able to look like I just walked into n alleyway or something, when in reality I'm already like, halfway across the city or something. Heck, I'd probably be able to teleport to the moon if I wanted to.

I guess there's nothing else to do but to actually try it now. Outside world, here I come!


Urk... the brightness. What is that fiery orb of doom in the sky that burns my eyes with such fury?

Just kidding, it's the sun. Duh.

Though, with the darker hair that I chose to cloak myself with, I think it'll be better if I first get a sunhat or something. Or maybe passively float a cloud over me the entire time. People wouldn't notice if a massive cloud seemed to follow one person, considering just how many people there are around here.


Sunhat, check. Sunglasses, check. Alright, let's see here. Casually walk down the busy sidewalk... 3... 2... 1... go!

Instantly, I reappeared back beside the storefront of the store I had exited.

PreviousChapters Next