• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 1,844 Views, 401 Comments

Lab Horse - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives in a lab. She's lived in that lab all her life. The lab just happens to be on Earth. She wants to go home.

  • ...
9
 401
 1,844

PreviousChapters Next
Log 4045: Not MIT horse(?)

Author's Note:

Surprise twist incoming!

SPOILER: Gadget's plans to go home aren't gonna be going anywhere fast.

Also, longer chapter to make up for the days in which I was too busy to write! (On weekdays I only spend half as much time in robotics since I've got the rest of school to worry about.)

I woke up in a fluffy bed. Amazingly, I was still in my "human form", and for that, I'm glad, 'cause I really don't want anyone knowing that I'm actually a highly intelligent equine that may very well be from an alternate universe created unintentionally by a children's show.

Wow. That's a lot to take in at once when you think about it. I mean, Delmar and Hagen took it pretty well, Ranell seemed fine by it, but everyone else? I doubt that they'd manage to keep calm.

Now, about the name of this log. Before I started this log, Delmar came into the room and told me that he had brought me back to his apartment, since I couldn't live on the MIT campus like I did back at the old lab. Because of that, I'd have to stay at my new home all day while he worked, and we'd be able to work on the supposed "Back to Equestria" plan I've been thinking about during the evening.

Hey, Gadget.

Hi Ranell. What's up?

Not much, but after reading about you staying at Delmar's apartment, wouldn't someone eventually find out that you're not in school?

Are you serious? Living in a research facility like I did pretty much counted as my schooling all the way 'till college. Heck, I read textbooks before going to bed.

Yeah, but all it takes is one slip, and people would be coming in to take you away in no time. You have to either drop the human disguise completely, or go to school.

But... if i drop the disguise, then I wouldn't be able to go outside, or even look out the windows...

So you're going to school?

I guess. What about you? You've been living in that hospital for how long now?

Eh, a few years now. I do online courses.

Um... I'm not entirely sure if Delmar would let me do those. Even after all these years, he still limits my internet access to my tablet, and even then it still only lets me watch a few videos and stuff like that.

But you can hack your way through, can't you?

I'm pretty sure that it's hard-coded into the NIC chipset. Delmar usually gets everything custom-made.

Darnit. You'd have to get an entirely new device then.

Yup. And I highly doubt that Delmar's gonna get me another tablet anytime soon.

Yeah. So...

Yup. I'm gonna probably be going to some private school or something.

So now that that's out of the way, I've gotta tell Delmar when he gets back. Not to mention the fact that I'm gonna have to amp up my "daughter of some famous guy" attitude or whatever it is that those so-called "popular girls" in TV shows do.

Either way, I'd have to act like Delmar's daughter enough to the point of which they'd think he really is my legal guardian.


Watching TV gets boring when you watch it for too long. Three spongebob episodes later and I felt like my eyeballs were gonna leak onto the floor. I need to find something better to do. Normally if I were still at the lab, I'd just go off and find some newbie and help keep them from blowing something up, but when you're crammed in a tiny apartment that's smaller than some storage rooms at the lab? The choices are limited.

I mean, yeah, I can probably get some light gaming going if I get enough parts together to build a scrappy computer, but I doubt that it would last very long. Delmar's already let me download games on my tablet as well, but popping pigs with birds also gets tiring.

I'M BORED.


Naps are good for when you feel like your brain's gonna implode out of boredom. Delmar came back around 9:30-ish, and mumbled something about crazy teenagers as he plopped onto the couch beside me. Since I'm not near the windows or anything, I was back in my normal body, which meant ear scritches from Delmar.

Totally not acting like a housecat right now. Ignore the purring noises. IGNORE. THEM.

Neural command received. Ignoring all "purring" noises.

Wait, WHAT?! NEURAL COMMAND?! WHAT?!?!

Ooohhhhh... that felt good.

Ugh. My thoughts are getting fractured again. Both out of tiredness and because of ear scritches feeling so good.

I just realized how awkward I'd look if I was still a human girl while I'm getting these ear scritches.

Secondary Author's Note:

EAR SCRITCHES!!! :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next