• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 1,855 Views, 401 Comments

Lab Horse - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives in a lab. She's lived in that lab all her life. The lab just happens to be on Earth. She wants to go home.

  • ...
9
 401
 1,855

PreviousChapters Next
Log 4028: Bus Ride

A good eight or so hours has already passed with me riding a bus to whatever hospital it was that I'm destined to live at. Honestly, if I knew that it would be this remote, then I would've told them to just get a freakin' plane ticket or something. They said the edge of town, not the middle of nowhere.

The bus was a personal one as well. Even though I knew that others knew about my secret now, I wasn't ready to just blurt out my existence for all to hear, y'know? It's just... weird. Dr. Hagen personally drove the bus as well, so we talked about my life and his the entire way through.

"Whatcha doing there, Gadget?" Hagen suddenly asked from the front. I had gotten carried away with writing and didn't notice him looking at me through the mirror.

Since my biggest secret's out, I didn't really think that it would be very big of a deal to let the rest loose too. I held up the tablet that I write these logs in, waving it in the air. "Just typing!" I responded, before setting it back down.

It's kinda funny, 'cause since I've got these handy telekinetic abilities, I can literally type as I waved the tablet in the air. Hagen, like Delmar before him, had quickly gotten used to watching me work my "magic", so he never questioned it.

"What are you typing?"

I turned back to gaze at the doctor through the mirror, raising my brow at the question.

"Well?" he continued, returning the look for a quick second before focusing back on the road.

I sighed. He was getting a bit nosey into what I do. But I'd might as well, right? I mean, he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

"It's basically a diary. A long time ago they were actual logbook entries that the researchers at the lab wrote while they watched me go about my life, but eventually once they had enough information they pretty much handed me the entire database on this tablet. It's got enough memory to last a pretty long time, too, with a spacey 512-gig ssd in it."

Hagen nodded while I read back over what I wrote. I'm not really the type who likes to put actual numbers into my writing unless it's something that requires them, but I don't want to write 512 out in words. It just gets annoying. Same thing goes for ssd. I could've said the full 'Solid-State-Drive', as well as typing it, but once again, it gets annoying when you know that it can be shortened. But enough with that short rant about not liking the ability to shorten words but doing it anyways.

"You seem a bit mad there, Gadget. Is something bugging you?"

I shook my head. That was when I realized that somehow I had completely ignored the fact that I was sputtering random insults at my tablet under my breath.

But yeah, hopefully that doesn't become a habit. Either that or I've always done this but never realized.

Eventually, after several additional hours on top of the eight that had already passed, I got bored of typing down our conversations. Instead, I took a nap.

PreviousChapters Next