• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 1,835 Views, 401 Comments

Lab Horse - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives in a lab. She's lived in that lab all her life. The lab just happens to be on Earth. She wants to go home.

  • ...
9
 401
 1,835

PreviousChapters Next
Subject Log 4017.5/4018 - Thief

Author's Note:

This is both a nighttime log and a log of the next day, hence the ".5" at the end of 4017.

Just to be clear, even though the computer I cobbled together marks these as "Subject Logs," it's more of a personal diary than anything scientific. And said computer is kept tucked away in a loose air conditioning vent behind the sofa.

As for myself, I was enjoying the fact that without anyone here to tell me what to do, I could do anything I wanted.

I began wandering about sometime around 2:00 AM, when I heard something clattering near the back entrance of the digital technology department's wing. Naturally, I followed the noise.

Oh, and why do I do this? Well... let's just say that aside from ear scritches, a lot of people around here give me bits of candy. Coffee candy.

Now then, back to the noise. So I was sneaking around in the area that I heard the noise, when I noticed a tall man wearing a ski mask unplugging several nodes of our recently-installed cluster computing unit. I watched in curiosity as the man continued unplugging each module in a very calm manner, before pulling them all out of their rack, and stacking them beside him.

It must be pretty cold outside... I thought as I watched, if even the technicians are wearing stuff like that.

I casually strolled back out of the room, which unfortunately, revealed my presence. the technician jumped at the sight of me. I assumed that he wouldn't be surprised, however, since everyone here is used to me. But his surprise became my surprise, which led to me revealing my vocal skills.

"Woah!" I shouted, shaking up the technician even more, "Don't do that. You surprised me." I turned back around and galloped away, afraid of what may come now that someone knows that I can talk. What would they do to me then?

Before I left entirely, however, I remember one thing that the man said before passing out:

"Mutant!"


During the night, I slept balled up in my room, thinking about what could happen to me in the morning. However, to my relief, none of those thoughts came true. As I ate a plain breakfast of cereal, the guys over at the "control center" called over the intercom that police had arrived to arrest a thief who had failed to steal extremely valuable machines.

Huh. And I thought he was a technician. Well, at least I know what to look out for. Anyways, before the police arrived, I helped the scientists tie the thief up with some steel wire. He was already blabbering on about me being able to talk, and luckily, considering the fact that everyone was calling him a lunatic, noone took him seriously. I shudder in anticipation just to think about how big of a laughingstock he'll be in court.

As for me, the scientists figured that I was playing the guard dog, and took out the thief while he wasn't looking. They were close enough, though the bruises that the thief had were from falling on the rack. Not from me tackling him. As a reward for stopping him, I got a free day to do whatever I wanted, and so I did.

It's kinda funny though, 'cause technically, every day for me is a free day. I just occasionally have to help out with something or another. The people here, however, are still treating it like a special day for me.

I continued on to do practically the exact same things that I did yesterday, only for longer. All in all, I do feel pretty proud of myself though. Breaking out of the lab can wait for another day.

Another author's note:

I shudder in anticipation. - My science teacher in eighth grade used to say this whenever someone began talking about what they were gonna do. I finally got to use this myself. In this story. :rainbowwild:

PreviousChapters Next