• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 1,842 Views, 401 Comments

Lab Horse - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives in a lab. She's lived in that lab all her life. The lab just happens to be on Earth. She wants to go home.

  • ...
9
 401
 1,842

PreviousChapters Next
Log 4050: Teleportation Practice

Now that Delmar and I both have a basic plan for how to get me home, I guess we're both gonna go our separate ways, and whoever figures it out first gets... idunno... and ice cream or something.

The problem with my idea of teleporting back is that I'll need to practice. And since the majority of my day is taken up by school now, I'd either have to cram the practice and possibly kill myself in a screw up, or try to avoid everyone at school and practice during recess.

Either way, I'd have to be very careful. And since I've got school for the next three days, I guess I could try both methods.


Blegl. More busy work. Hm.

I raised my hoof hand.

"Ms. Julie?" I asked, waving from behind my book fort, "May I use the restroom?"

Ms. Julie nodded. I don't really think that she cares about what I do anymore, as long as I'm not disrupting the rest of the class.

Okay, so I'm outside the classroom now. There's a couple of security cameras in the corner, but if I hide behind the garbage cans, then they won't be able to see me when I teleport.

Just walk normally and act casual. Pretend you're walking towards the bathroom, and... dive!

Luckily, the classroom opposite to the trash cans had it's door closed, so no-one saw me miss and land in the trash. Either way, the moment I saw the garbage cans drawing close to my face, I instinctively teleported to the first location I had on mind.

Unfortunately, I teleported to the wrong bathroom.

Hopefully the kid at the urinal doesn't notice the girl who just appeared in a literal flash in one of the stalls.

By the way, you may be wondering how I'm logging this when my tablet's so bulky. Let's just say that I've got a pocket terminal I linked over an empty FM band to the serial console on my tablet.

Gadget, literally nobody asked.

Yeah? Doesn't mean that I can't write my logs in a way so anyone reading it knows what's going on.

Eh. Have it your way. I'll stay silent for now.

Yeah. Chat later, Ranell.

Okay, the boy left. Without flushing or washing his hands, unfortunately. Since I'm only doing this for teleportation practice, I guess I could try jumping floors to the small student-use rooms downstairs.

3,2,1... aaaand I'm here. I'm not entirely sure what good this practicing would do for jumping beyond the boundary of the universe, but I guess it's something. I might as well go back to class now. And that brings us back to the book fort. I built it in the corner of the classroom next to the door, so I'd be able to teleport back in, and make it look like I walked back instead.

I flashed back to class, and quietly closed the door I had left open earlier to make it seem like I came back. Hopefully, nobody noticed the brief flash of light that appeared in the reflection in the window.

But... judging by the surprised looks I'm getting, they did.

Crap.

PreviousChapters Next