• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 1,835 Views, 401 Comments

Lab Horse - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives in a lab. She's lived in that lab all her life. The lab just happens to be on Earth. She wants to go home.

  • ...
9
 401
 1,835

PreviousChapters Next
Log 4037: Identity Crisis

Huh. So on top of realizing that I somehow came from a cartoon, Ranell decides that it would be a perfect time for him to break into my tablet and record me. Great.

So, now that I know that I'm technically not real, I can safely say that I don't exactly care about reality anymore. After all, if I'm from a show, wouldn't that mean that I'm just the physical embodiment of a figment of imagination? That I only exist to follow the script that some voice actor reads aloud? Heck, this even explains me as a whole! It's impossible for any sort of equine to have naturally blue hair, and to have such a high level of intelligence...

I mean, I personally don't have much care about the supposed "real-world" anymore, considering as how there's an equally likely chance for it to also be nothing but a simulated imagination, or whatever. All I really care about is meeting these other "ponies" from the show I probably came from. Maybe even meet my parents!

There's still a major problem though. All my life, I've been surrounded by people, technology. From the bits of the show that I've seen, I can easily tell that the world that my kind lives in is sort of a backwater country with limited technology, quite possibly due to their "magical" abilities. I know, I know. As a scientific persona, I'd have to dismiss this "magic" crap as garbage, but once again, I can relate directly to the experience.

Levitation? Check. Teleportation? Yeah, I guess, but I haven't had any reason to teleport for a while now, and I've mostly forgotten how to do it.

According to the show, there seems to be three primary types of ponies under the species name "Equus Sapiens" that I'll give them for now. Those three types are the unicorns, such as myself, pegasi, which have ridiculously small wings for their body size, and "normal" ponies, which lack wings and horns.

There's also a fourth type as well, which has both wings and a horn. From the show, I heard mention of them being called "alicorns", so I guess that'll do.

Geez, I just realized that I went from suffering a crazy-meta identity crisis to analysing a kids' show and organizing the populace into groups based on physical traits.

Yeah, I've seen other kids here do something similar. One second, they're all wacko-crazy, and the next, they're chill as ever.

Can you please not but into my logs for now?

Hey, maybe if you separate the log and the chat apps instead of just using the log as a text editor for both, then you wouldn't have to be interrupted.

Hmmf. Fine.

Why are you replying directly in the log instead of in chat, anyways?

Because I'm lazy, and I'm tired from thinking about this.

Oh.

Author's Note:

Just wait until she goes banging on Hagen and Delmar's doors and plead for them to help her build a universe-hopping machine. :trixieshiftright:

PreviousChapters Next