• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 586 Views, 6 Comments

Nightmare and Dragon - alfonso_rd_33



After Princess Luna was purified, everypony thought the Nightmare was destroyed… it was, but Nightmare Night will offer it a chance to shine anew… or it would, but a certain outsider Alicorn has Something to say... it won't be pretty...

  • ...
15
 6
 586

Chapter 7 - Mindful Planning...

PREVIOUSLY IN SMASH.


"Kame... Hame... Ha...!"

Shouted another, while gathering energy in his hands, only to throw it in a ray of power that destroyed each Shadow, which together with the other attacks cleared a direct path to the Nightmare, Who only smiled sadistically.

"Oh? Does my new body come to me? How considerate!"

To which the Poncho a few meters from her just smiled saying.

"I'm sorry but not. Now girls!"

And, without warning, a giant death ray of rainbow harmony surged from the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, heading straight to the Nightmare as Poncho vanished in a poof of smoke, a log replacing him before the Nightmare, who could only watch in horror as the purifying magic washed over her.

“What? NOOOOOO…!”


Everyone watched in amazement as Magic bathed the Nightmare, hoping it would purify her, perhaps creating a new pony.

" GRRRRYAAAHHH... !!!!! "

Roared the Nightmare as she dissipated the magic covering her, showing her enemies her strength.

"Fools... Did you think I was going to be defeated by you in this, my night...?"

And after commanding her legions to keep advancing she launched a magical beam, which was stopped by Poncho’s wind clones, who vanished in the process.

"Poncho! What do we do now?"

Asked the girls as they were forced to defend themselves from the assault of the Nightmare shadows.

"Unnhh, give me a moment to think about a new plan because it seems that I'm wrong and really need the Elements for maximum effectiveness."

Poncho replied while using his claws to vanish the shadows, muttering as he did it.

"We need a magical artifact to amplify the power of the Elements, it has to be able to resist pure harmonic magic and increase it exponentially to combat the power gain of the Nightmare."

Meanwhile, Princess Luna was still attacking the shadows, now supported by the bearers of the Elements of Harmony except for Kindness.

"Personally I can not recommend any artifact with those characteristics, much less anything that we have it on hoof at this moment."

Twilight Sparkle commented while dodging the magic of a shadow in the shape of a unicorn, seeing the rest of her friends out of the corner of her eye, noticing how Applejack bucked the shadows into nonexistence, Rarity using her exceptional telekinesis to attack the shadows with fallen branches, impaling those who dared to approach.

"It's like Twilight Sparkle says, relics and magical artifacts do exist, but we don’t have access to them right now."

Corroborated Luna who, coordinated with Rainbow Dash, dive-bombed to attack the shadows at high speeds, carefully dodging the attacks of the pegasus shadows that avoided the wave of pies shot from the Pinkie Pie party cannon.

"I got it! Luna, help me entertain these annoying shadows a little more, girls, prepare another attack of the Elements."

To which the princess of the moon snorted annoyed, looking at the dragon as if to say "Are you kidding?" Of course, the princess of the night wasn’t so upset, but it was obvious she was tired of fighting uselessly mere shadows.

"Fools! Do you think you can beat me with that pathetic power? My victory is assured and, at the risk of sounding like a cliché, DARKNESS WILL REIGN FOREVER! "

The Nightmare boasted as a new song started and both Poncho and Princess Luna moved to attack the shadows, Poncho using movements based on stomping and hand movements to the rhythm of the music, raising unicorn shadows and earth ponies with each movement using giant stone pillars while Luna destroyed them with magical rays.

"Girls, are you there, can you hear me...? "

Heard the carriers of the Elements of Harmony in their minds, their bodies showing no reaction since they were again gathering magic to attack the Nightmare.

" It's okay it’s me, Poncho, I'm talking directly to your minds to keep the Nightmare from discovering our new plan... "

"Poncho, dear I don't want to be rude, but this is extremely inappropriate... anyone would have expected better manners from you, just look how scared poor Fluttershy is."

Rarity said, as she watched to where a terrified Fluttershy struggled to become as small as possible before turning to the strange bipedal creature who claimed to be Poncho, who approached Shy, just to be confronted by Rainbow Dash.

"Come on, come on Dashie, nothing bad is happening, even though you had never seen me as I really am, the figure you see before you, that's a human being..."

And Rainbow saw the figure, very similar to a Minotaur, but without the bulkhead nor fur, of dark brown color, the same tone of the coat of the so-called "Alicorn of Ponyville" and in the head, the black hair denoted the mane of said Alicorn, thanks to this familiarities, she relaxed a bit, but still stood tensed.

"Look, I'll prove it, once you kicked the snout of a dragon, which Shy had to educate after he almost hurt you along with the rest of your friends."

Offered Poncho in his mind, while his body stopped attacking the enemies directly, flowing with the rhythm of the new song and replacing the columns of earth with gusts of wind, which facilitated the conversation with the girls, finally approaching and caressing the mane of Fluttershy.

"Now, Now, we are all friends here, and we must stop the Nightmare, sorry to scare you."

Of course, during the interaction Rainbow Dash tried to interfere, fortunately, her friends stopped her, Rarity even scolding her, while Applejack, being the voice of reason said.

"Enough Rainbow Dash! And Poncho, Ah don't want to be rude, but we're running out of time, so if you have any plans please tell us. "

Meanwhile, Fluttershy knew the pleasure of the human fingers in her mane, exhaling happily as she said in almost a sigh.

"Okay, but you must admit that having someone else in your mind is terrifying, not having privacy, that someone else knows all your secrets."

To which Poncho only nodded, while saying.

"Of course, and I assure you that I have only created this mental space, and only to be able to tell you the plan without the Nightmare finding out."

And, of course, the girls showed several degrees of acceptance, nodding to the reasoning of the human turned into a pony. turned into a dragon, in the end, Poncho just kept explaining his new plan.

"OK, let's cut to the chase, the plan is simple: I want you to use the power of the Elements of Harmony again, but instead of attacking the Nightmare I want you to direct the power at me. I will try to amplify it to attack the Nightmare."

The plan's reveal made the girls look at him in shock, the idea was crazy not to mention that it was dangerous, he could be banished to the moon or succeed or anything else.

"B... but... That's crazy! Do you have any idea what could happen to you? You could be banished to the moon or worse."

It was the united thought of the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, Poncho smiling at the concern of his friends.

"Of course girls, we have calculated all the plausibilities, but it is more than obvious that we need, a means to amplify the power you can generate as Elements of Harmony in the absence of those, and my skills as the Zen no Ban'nin could help us do just that."

Poncho's reasoning seemed logical to the girls especially for Twilight and Rarity, with whom Poncho has worked constantly, so all nodded, admitting the plan, so Poncho continued.

"Okay girls, let's end this chat then, just holler when you are ready."

To which, surprisingly Fluttershy he said gently.

"Actually, Poncho I think we should continue using this power, at least until we finish this. if you don't mind."

"...What ?! But… Fluttershy, you said yourself that this power is weird, Why do you want him to keep doing it?"

Rainbow Dash said as she watched Fluttershy, evident reproach in her eyes, which made Shy cringe a little more as she answered gently.

“As long as he doesn't read our minds and use it only to communicate it’s fine I guess."

At this Poncho just smiled saying.

"Of course Shy, I would be offended if you didn't ask, in fact, cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in Pinkie's eye."

And, without warning, a cupcake appeared in his right hand, then Poncho smashed it in Pinkie Pie's right eye, which caused the rest of the girls to gasp.

"What...? I don't intend to stick a cake in my eye, and Pinkie Pie is the originator of the promise so!"

So the girls laughed while Pinke licked the cupcake on her face before Twilight called out.

"Uh, guys, I don't want to be rude but the Harmonic power is restless."

"Alright, you know the plan, shoot whenever you want."

Said Poncho, cutting the communication, turning to see the girls, who were already floating surrounded by the power of the Elements of Harmony.

"Luna, be careful, let's attack quickly, so I suggest you remain in the air."

That said, Poncho was surprised as a new Harmony Death Ray hit him.

"SANTA MADRE DE MAYO, THE POWER...! "

Poncho moaned, his draconic form shining with the power it contained, crouching and falling to one knee, clearly struggling to control the power as the girls descended gently.

“PONCHO!”

“Let it out, darling, it’s too much power!”

Said both Princess Luna and Rarity at the same time, as everypony saw the dragon fight to contain the power, Rainbow Dash gasping as she saw how his face seemingly disintegrated slowly.

“GRRR!! RRRRAAAGGHHH!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!”

Shouted Poncho as he managed to rise up, extending his arms to violently expel the power into a rainbow explosion that moved in, to blanket the whole zone...

Author's Note:

oh well, after quite a bit, this story is updated... only 2 or 3 chapters left...