• Published 11th Nov 2016
  • 224 Views, 3 Comments

Problems for a Night Angel - AngelineNocturna



An angel lost her memory. Demons hide in the shadows. What will this guardian angel do to save her friends from the looming threat? She takes up a special sword, and wears powerful armor of course. Question is, where did she hide them?

  • ...
 3
 224

Truth and a horror?

"So,you're an Angel? Not really as awesome as me, but still 20% cooler than most ponies." Rainbow Dash said in a... well to put it bluntly, an arrogant attitude. We were making slow progress, out of the everfree forest, back to Ponyville.

"Indeed she is, though it is surprising that you lost your memories, Angel. Your kind has never lost their memories before, so what could have caused your loss?" Celestia, or should I call her princess Celestia, wondered. Getting a good look at those around me now, I could tell each had different talents. Starting with those to my left, Celestia had a sun for her cutie mark. She walked with the grace and beauty one would expect from royalty. The white unicorn next to her, is called Rarity, the lady of Generosity. She had three blue diamonds for her mark, and moved with poise...

*Eek* "Can we just get out of this filthy forest before I get anymore dirt on my coat." Forget what I said. She was acting like a spoiled brat. To her left, was the lady of Magic, Twilight, cutie mark of a starburst. She moved in that typical school girl way, ready to take more notes about my history. She needed to get a life, though I couldn't blame her for the way she was raised. On her back was Spike, staring at Rarity like a lovesick puppy. Fell at first sight, it seems. Poor guy, doesn't know what love really is, yet. I hope his heart doesn't get broken.

"What is an angel angway? Do you like cakes, parties, games? I need to make you a welcome to Ponyville party, so you can make a lot of friends. Hello everypony out there!" the hyper pink pony known as Pinkie Pie, lady of Laughter, said in front of me waving. Wait, how and when.. she's next Twi again. She had three party balloons, two blue, one yellow, as her mark. She bounced along with nary a care, literally.

"Well, yes, to all three questions, but that is not important. I still want to know, Celestia, why you called me a Guardian Angel. What else do you know about me? How did you even know I was close by?" I questioned. Behind Pinkie Pie, was lady of Kindness, Fluttershy. She is the shy, butter yellow pegasus, with three lovely pink butterflies for her mark.

The lady of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash, was above everyone to my right. Her mark was a cloud with a tricolored lightning bolt. She flew with confidence in herself. I could hear her wings pound with unused power.

"Well, sugarcube, I don't understand the details, but you shouldn't be rude to other ponies. Just because you cain't recall your history, don't mean you can be impolite to the princess," lady of Honesty, Applejack, said in a condescending tone. She is the orange earth pony, below Rainbow Dash, with three shiny red apples for her cutie mark. Shortly after we left the castle, I had made a comment about her accent, and now she dislikes me, though I still don't understand why. To her right, was Luna, the dark blue alicorn, with a crescent moon surrounded by the dark night sky as her mark. She moved with uncertain grace, and spoke like we were fifty paces away.

"She has every reason to speak as such, lady Applejack" Luna answered for me. "She and her kind are friends to all, and as such, are equal to my sister and I."

Sister, why do I feel like I had one? Or is it have? I think I remember two names of those that were close to me. One is Shining Rose, she was... she was a bright thing, always helping those that knew the language of flowers. The other was Fire Star, a shy one as much as Fluttershy. She loved working with those who have lost precious loved ones.

"To answer your questions, guardian, you called yourself a Guardian Angel when we first met. You explained, that an Angel, like yourself, protects those that are within their 'guardian limits' as you called it." Celestia finally answered. "Though, you did mention, that there are a few exemptions, particularly those that are out of reach for a different angel at the time of need. You also taught me and Luna how to sense your presence if you hid yourself from another's sight."

"Guardian limits? What are those and what defines the guardians? what other types are there? Is there a form of government? What about your appearance? Why do you look like the princesses? What does your cutie mark represent? Where...." Twilight was interrupted by a pink hoof in her mouth.

Pinkie told Twilight, "She can't answer all your questions yet, silly billy. That would ruin the surprise later in the story. By the way, has anypony noticed that it's morning and we're out of the forest yet?" When in the world did we get back to the library? I need to pay better attention next time.

"OK. Let's start with one question at a time from everyone. Since my memories are missing, Celestia and Luna, if you two don't mind helping me fill in some blanks, it would be greatly appreciated." I said to everyone in the room. "I'll start with answering a question I heard Twilight mention earlier, that sparked some of my memory. My mark as you all can see are two dark wings and a halo. My name was given when my mark was found. I help all those who need it when the sun sets. If I remember correctly, my 'limit' is for those who travel or work while the moon is out, hence the curve of the wings. Now, my turn for a question. Celestia, you said we had met before? When was that and how did we meet?"

She simply stated, "It was before Luna became Nightmare Moon. You were injured while trying to protect us from demons."

"Demons?" I started to say, when there was suddenly a shrill sound coming from outside. We all ran out to see, at the edge of the forest, holding a peppermint green unicorn in its hold, was a creature that looked like a shadowy black earth pony with long pointed ears and sharp hooked fangs, not unlike a wolf's teeth.

"Angel. Castle. Midnight. You die instead," was all it said as it backed into the forest.

Applejack walked up in front of me and yelled, "I thought you said ya were a guardian. Ya cain't even protect this town from one monster."

"I also said my limit is the moon has to be out! I couldn't sense the demon with the sun out! I'm as vulnerable as any foal without my memory! I wish I could have done something, but I don't even know where my armor is. I don't have the weapons to fight him," I started to cry. "I wish I could have helped which is why I know that even if I go, unless another angel is around she will still die. Though she will at least have a few more hours after my death."

"That was uncalled for, Applejack." Rarity said in a stern voice. "And you, Angeline, you will not have to die to save the poor dearie. You have your friends to help you. We are all here to help. So why not use this time wisely and tell us more about the creature we have just seen, so we can think of a plan together."

" Rarity is totally right. You are an awesome friend, Angel," Rainbow assured me.

Fluttershy was the next to speak up."I want to help as well, that is if you don't mind."

"We're friends, and friends stick together. No matter what trouble comes our way." Twi finished for the group.

Hope welled up inside me as they said all this. However, a memory concerning this foe arose in my mind. "Thank you everyone, but this is not something the Elements can defeat. Harmony was meant to stop those who have been aided by demons. This is not one of those. This is a Deriganis, a lower demon. They can hide in a shadow of their choice, and, if they are in your shadow, they can place doubts in your mind and use you as a host of sorts. And as you heard earlier, they don't talk much when they don't have hosts. I can't remember much more than that. Celestia, did I ever tell you about them?" I turn to look at her, however, she and Luna were nowhere to be found.

"Princesses Celestia and Luna left right after the demon showed up." Pinkie told us.

Well, that was unexpected. Twilight, Spike, and I, returned to the library after everyone agreed to prepare for the journey back to the Castle Everfree. In my mind, I was trying to figure out a way to keep these girls from harm. I had no weapons or armor to protect myself, let alone six or seven others. So, I decided that an hour before we agreed to meet, I would ruturn to the castle alone. I flew as quietly as I could, while using my invisibility spell, from Twilight's balcony strait to the forest where the castle stood.

I landed at the front door and noticed that the demon had used a spell of Deception to make the castle appere as if it were brand new. The castle had pillars of obsidian and arches of pure marble. I strolled through the doors that held images of the princesses doing several different things that I paid no attention to. The demon was in the throne room, with the hostage bound in chains and rope, unconscious to what was going on.

"Angel early. Not midnight. Where pony elements?" The demon said when he noticed my arrival.

"The agreement was for me, and they are not here where you can harm them. Now release that pony." Shortly after I said that the chains and rope were around me and the pony released.

"Elements coming. They fall before problem. Watch on screen."

A screen apeared on the floor in front of me with the image of my friends in the forest, and the demon jumped into a shadow and appeared in front of the elements wearing a hooded cape that hid it's true form. I could see that he was using a fox as a host so that he could speak.

"Gutennoct, strangers. I was wondering, why are you in this forest all alone?" He said in a masculine German accent, that would make any lady swoon in delight.

Twilight was the first to speak, however I could hear in her voice, that she had fallen for his trick easily, "We are here for a friend that disappeared. She was going to meet someone with us, but we lost track of her. Have you seen her?"

"With these eyes, I have not. But perhaps, if you follow me you will find something you did not expect."

"Why should we trust you, stranger? Yer voice has a sound of lies to me." Applejack was the only one to not fall for the lie it seemed. I knew that she was the only hope the girls had to escape his trickery.

"And who am I to know what you say is true? You seek the castle, ya? I show you a lovely shortcut to what you seek. It is beyond a this bridge." He said pointing to a golden bridge, that was not there before.

Through the haze of the image, I could see that the castle was mere meters in front of them, the bridge was merely a ploy to make them walk to the guillotine standing in the courtyard. I wanted to scream for them to run away, but the illusion stopped all sounds from leaving the building.

"We never told you where we would meet. Who are you?! Where are ya really gonna take us?!" Applejack screamed loud enough to shatter the image. I remembered suddenly, that illusions can always be manipulated when a demon is messing with it and forced myself to ignore what my eyes could see of the castle and chains. Once I was free of the lies that the demon placed on me, I ran to help my friends.

Once I was outside, I noticed all the elements of Harmony were on their bearers, and Honesty was glowing brighter than the others. Applejack was the first to notice my presence, however, she seemed frustrated at the possible lie the demon was showing her.

"Yer illusions ain't gonna stop us while we hold the elements of Harmony. Angeline ain't somepony I like much, but she is still my friend. Yer that demon she warned about, so our elements won't work on ya; however, yer tricks are based on what ya say, so i'm sure the truth will dispelled them." Applejack shouted in triumph.

Suddenly, the element of Honesty's glow shone brighter and brighter; until everyone, but me and Applejack, were blinded. The light left the element and slowly made its way towards me. Once it settled at my waist, the light dissappeared, and in its place, was a skirt made of the hardest and rarest material known to pony kind, titanium. My memories of this armor returned with extreme speed, and I did the one thing I could with it.

"Thank you Applejack, for calling me a friend. Yes, I'm really here. Now, if you'll excuse me for a minute, I have a Deriganis to remove. Honor and Grace, show yourselves before the truth." I shouted with joy. After my shout, my two daggers appeared at the tips of my wings, and the rest of the girls woke from the trance the demon put them under.

"Angeline, when did you get here?!" The girls shouted in differing amounts of confusion. Though, I suspect that Pinkie said it just to have a laugh, if those giggles were real.

"Been here since Applejack's speach. Now stand back, ladies of Harmony. This is my area of expertise."

"You can not defeat me, little angel." The demon fox shouted while he ran at me, teeth bared. I dodged his attack, and struck his left ear.

"Shy! Close your eyes. This will not be pretty to look at!" I yelled while dodging a bite to the neck.

Our battle continued for what seemed like hours, but was only ten minutes I later learned, when the demon left his host with no warning. I only realized he had left, when my blades stopped themselves from dealing a final blow to the poor fox, who now looked as if he had been hit with a motor vehicle many times over.

"I'm sorry for the harm little one." I said to the fox.

"Girls. The demon is not destroyed yet. However, he will not have a host next time he is found. They are meant to hold their hosts for a long time before they can seek another. I'm sorry. I couldn't do anything this time. I can't believe I fell for his tricks. I couldn't protect that poor fox or you girls. I'm so sorry." I cried, tears pouring out as I finished

"We already forgave you, silly billy. We all were worried when you didn't show up, even AJ." Pinkie Pie said in a surprisingly tender voice.

"That was awesome. Why would you be sorry, anyway, when you have moves as cool as that." Dash chimed in.

"Thank you, girls. Let's get back to Ponyville. It's time I did my job and earned my second set of wings. You girls are now under my guardianship while I'm around." I smiled as I levatated the fox onto my back. We once again left the forest for a brand new day, and a brand new adventure.

Author's Note:

Than you everypony for a wonderful year. I hope this next year is better than the last for you guys and your loved ones.


For all of you that read this, let me thank you for the inspiration you gave me just knowing that you were simply curious. On my page, is a list of names of everyone that commented on this story. I want to make it full of names of those who read my story, so I can look at those names and remember why I continue to write this story.

In my later chapters, I have need of some OC's. If you can give a discription of how they act as well as their talent, it will be greatly appreciated.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment