• Published 11th Nov 2016
  • 224 Views, 3 Comments

Problems for a Night Angel - AngelineNocturna



An angel lost her memory. Demons hide in the shadows. What will this guardian angel do to save her friends from the looming threat? She takes up a special sword, and wears powerful armor of course. Question is, where did she hide them?

  • ...
 3
 224

Day One and a Nightmare?!

I awoke to noise. No, not just any noise. Nightingale songs. My eyes are blinded when I first open them to the evening sun. Wait just a second... what did I just see? I open my eyes once more to see a little purple reptile, with green frills and spines, in front of me. We stare at one another for a few seconds, then...

"Eeek!!" I shrieked. The moment I stopped, I realized that the poor thing was holding its ears tightly. "Sorry. You frightened me."

"Its ok. Hi, my name is Spike and this is Twilight" the dragon replied. I remember what species he is called now. And he just so happens to be a young dragon. Oh, wait he's pointing behind me. I turned around and notice a lilac purple unicorn, with a slightly darker purple and pink mane, standing there looking at me curiously.

"Is something wrong, miss Twilight? You seem extremely curious about something. Is there perhaps dirt on my face?" I questioned.

"Not exactly, but who are you? What are you doing in this field of wild flowers? And what in Equestria are you? You appear as if you're from Canterlot, but I know most everypony from the noble families," She quizzically asked.

Equestria? Canterlot? What is she talking about? "Um, my name is.... Angeline Nocturna. That's right! I remember now! OUCH!" Suddenly my head started to hurt like I hit it with a mountain. Why can't I recall anything?! "I.. I can't remember. What day is it, where am I, and why am I here?!" I started to panic.

Miss Twilight slapped me across my cheek to calm me down. "I don't need another problem today. Bad enough, the princess doesn't believe me and sent me here to 'make friends'. Today is the day before the summer sun celebration. You're in Ponyville, Equestria. And I don't know why you are here. Now that your questions have been answered, let's go to the library and find some answers there."

Spike hopped onto her back while I attempted to stand on my...hooves. Huh. I looked myself over and noticed a lot of things. First, I was taller than Twilight. Like, twice her size taller. Second, I was a pony like her, just with ginormous wings that seemed to glitter in the fading sunlight. Next, my fur was a silver color that faded to a midnight blue the closer it got to my hooves. And my tail was a long golden color with three stripes of sky blue, braided in such a way as to appear as if I was of Nobel lineage. But I know that's not the case. Lastly, I found a mark on my side that looked like two pairs of dark wings shaped like crescent moons with a golden halo above them. Afterwards, I felt around my head and noticed a slender horn like Twilights'.

"Hey Angeline, are you an Alicorn?" Spike questioned with amazement.

"No. I remember that much of my history. I'm similar to them though. Sorry, but I can not tell you more than that as of yet. I would break a lot of rules if I did that." How do I remember the rule but not what I am?

Twilight gasped in shock. "Your wings just dissappeared." So they did, but I could still feel them. Guess that means I'm hiding as a unicorn for now. Darn, and I wanted to fly again. Oh well, when in Rome, as they say.

"Please lead the way.I certainly don't know where I'm going," I stated. So we walked towards the little town I asume is Ponyville, then straight through it to a large tree with a door in it. Guess this is the libraries nowadays. The poor tree, but at least it still helps the environment. I wonder why the town is empty?

"SURPRISE!" was all I heard when Twilight and Spike entered the library..... "Hello. New pony? Are you awake?" Huh? What? Who? Oh, right I blanked out. "You missed the party. Dont worry though. I'll give you a 'welcome to Ponyville' party after Princess Celestia raises the sun. Come on or we'll be late." Happily said a surprisingly peppy pink pony, who bounced along past me. She probably has had way to many sweets as a child and the sugar rush is still affecting her. She seemed to embody joy and laughter.

"Who is she? Was I out all night?" I questioned Spike as he walked up beside me, with Twilight following right behind.

"She's Pinkie Pie, and yes you were. Did you know, you snore every hour on the hour, Angeline."

"I don't snore!" I replied indignantly. However, during our trip to the town hall, I learned that an orange and blond earth pony, by the name of Applejack, attempted to move me from my frozen position. "Are you saying I'm heavy, Spike?"

"No way! I'm just saying you were firmly planted to that spot," he said in a panic.

"Angeline, please don't worry about that. There are more pressing matters, Nightmare Moon is going to return, and I'm the only one who seems to care" Twilight exclaimed. At the mention of Nightmare Moon, I froze in place as a memory finally resurfaced. I was battling a dark coated mare, that resembled my kinds arch enemies, alongside a snow white alicorn, whose wingspan was shorter than mine even though she was taller than me . I remembered the feeling of sorrow being the most prominent emotion during the fight, especially when I was urgently summoned home. She was dear to us, though I can't recall the exact reason why

"Hey, lady. You ok?" Asked a blue Pegasus with a rainbow colored mane.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Who are you?"

"Name's Rainbow Dash, the fastest flier in Equestria. You're not from around here, are you?" She suddenly spoke with suspicion.

"Angeline, we're going to be late. Twi is getting impatient." Spike yelled from down the street.

"Coming, Spike. Sorry miss Dash, but I have to go. Thanks for your concern, lady of Loyalty."

"Lady? Who, me? I ain't a noble." I heard her say behind me as I caught up to Twi and Spike. After we entered town hall I noticed an empty spot for me to view from and told Twilight where I would be. Over in my quiet corner sat a shy, yellow pegasus, eager to get out of the possible limelight. I could see in her eyes, however, that she would show kindness even to the smallest creature.

"What lovely birds you have here lady of Kindness. I honestly love the nightingales myself. Though the robins are just as beautiful as the cardinals," I wispered to her, so as not to draw attention.

She startled at my whisper, "oh my, you startled me. I'm surprised somepony knows what kind of avians are here."

"Sorry I scared you. My name is Angeline, what's yours?"

"Fluttershy. Why did you call me 'lady of kindness'. If you don't mind answering, that is." she quietly replied.

"I don't know, honestly. But..." I was interrupted when the mayor started to give her speach. Things seemed to go smoothly. When suddenly, the mare from my memory appeared. I stood there frozen in horror, replaying all those horrible, saddening battles fought against her. Then, she started to dissappear into mist.

"NIGHTMARE! How dare you betray us, you stupid mare," I shouted too late for her to hear me. I was about to chase after her, when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Twi racing back towards the library, followed closely by 5 mares. Amongst them, I noticed Flutershy, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash. The orange mare with them was the one I asumed was Applejack, and the last mare was a pearl white, with a styled purple mane. I quickly chased after them and entered the tree. I heard their conversation about the Elements of Harmony, and realized that none of them could see me, at all, almost as if I was invisible to their eyes. After they left the room, I tried to remember more of my memory from that time, so that perhaps I could help them defeat the dark alicorn. Nightmare was originally a normal alicorn, until she got possessed by... what are they called? What was their weakness?

"I dislike my faulty memory" I said to no one in particular. I started to chase after them, when I suddenly noticed that white alicorn.

"I know you're there Guardian Angel. Why not show yourself. I once had a friend amongst your kind," She said kindly.

What did she call me? Why did it sound normal to me? "Who are you? Why do you call me that? No, don't answer. I have to go help those mares. I will see you again and get my answers." So I ran off to help them. However,by the time I caught up, they had already reached an old, decaying castle in the middle of a giant,freaky, green forest, already fighting Nightmare Moon. As I entered I realized that I, and my wings, were now visible for all to see. Nightmare looked at my entrance and smirked.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? A Guardian Angel for these fools? You will not interfere with my destiny. Besides, you're too late. The elements of Harmony are no more." she said confidently.

"I'm not here to interfere, and your wrong about the elements." I stated.

Twi jumped in saying, "the spirits of the elements of Harmony are right here. Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of Honesty. Fluttershy, who tamed the Manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of Kindness. Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of Laughter. Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a a meaningful gift, represents the spirit of Generosity. And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own hearts desire, represents the spirit of Loyalty."

At that point I blanked out, simply because I realized I was to late to help my new friend. She deserved the spotlight anyway. Magic has won this battle. So I started to walk off, till I saw that mare, again, enter and mention that the elements had returned her sister princess Luna to normal.

"Hold everything!" I shouted in surprise. "What happened to the being that possessed her? And you need to answer my questions while your at it."

The one named Rarity exclaimed, "how dare you speak to princess Celestia that way. Who are YOU anyway? Though I must say, your hairdo is positively fabulous darling."

Luna was the one who answered before I could open my mouth. "She is a dear friend of ours. And her species are Angels, Night Angels to be specific. She guards ponies during the night when they are in possible danger."

"So that's what I am. Sorry Luna, but most of my memories are missing. Perhaps, we should continue this discussion tomorrow, after everyone gets some rest."

"She's right, sister," Celestia stated. "We can talk more tomorrow."

We left the building, one by one. Little did we realize, however, that the creature which possessed Luna, was hidden in the darkest corner, bidding his time for what would one day, be my darkest day.