• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 654 Views, 14 Comments

Discord's Bored - Frosty the Batty



The title pretty much says it all. But Discord spreads his usual from of chaos in a more... indirect way.

  • ...
4
 14
 654

Deception 101

“Uh…” Twilight nervously began. “W-what do you wanna talk about? About your friend I mean?” Discord face hardened. Showing just how serious he really is at the moment.

“Listen, I know you girls aren't particularly fond of me,” That earned a scoff from Rainbow. “but I would like to ask of you one favor.”

“Uh…” Fluttershy said in a wavering voice. “What might that be? If you don't mind me asking…” Discord smiled at the timid pegasus before returning his attention towards the rest.

“My request is simple: I would like to ask that you see to it that my friend over there is left alone. In the sense that you do not give him any trouble regarding what he has done in the past few days.” He pointed a thumb over his shoulder at Rick, who was admiring the setting around him.

“... You're serious?” Rainbow gaped. “Why should we!? That thing made everypony in town lose their minds!” Discord’s bushy eyebrows furrowed in anger at the Rainbow’s shout.

“Because he has not had the best time of his life before I brought him here.” Discord answered. “I'll have you understand, it is not my place to divulge personal information. But what I can say is that smile he wore just minutes ago had been the biggest I have ever seen on him. So please, let him have a little fun.”

The girls were a little confused. They didn't think Discord could be so serious. They felt like they should believe him. But there were hints of doubt lingering in their thoughts. Especially in Rainbow, Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight. The four of them having less trust in Discord than Fluttershy or Pinkie. The draconequus saw the doubtful looks and frowned in annoyance.

“Oh? You don't believe me? Fine, have it your way.” He turned his head towards Rick, calling him. “Rick?” The orange alien looked at his friend. “Could you come here for a moment?” Rick nodded confusingly and walked over to the group.

“What?” He asked the Draconequus.

“Would you kindly inform my friends here about recent events in your life?” Rick’s eyes, grew in diameter in reaction to the request. Rick’s carefree demeanor suddenly vanished. In it’s place, uncertainty. Rick’s long, floppy ears folded themselves against the back of his head. And he found it difficult to look his friend in the eye.

“U-uhm...” He stuttered, something akin to fear in his voice. “I… I don’t… do I have too?” Rick asked nervously.

“Well, these lovely mares find it difficult that I, Discord, from the goodness of my heart. Would bring you, a good friend of mine, here just to brighten your day.” He shot a cold glance at the mares in question. “Much less, they believe your life’s story to be nothing but fabrication.”

“O-oh...” Rick’s small form deflated a bit, his orange fur acting much like Pinkie’s mane when she’s depressed. The only difference being Rick’s fur is much, much shorter than the bubble gum pink mare’s mane, the affect giving his body a sort of plastic-like shine. “Uh… Can… Can I go back home?” Rick asked, shocking Discord and the girls.

“But, whatever for? I thought you wanted a break.” Discord asked when he recomposed himself.

“I know… I just… I don’t…” Rick trialed off with incoherent mumbles in Fluttershy-esque fashion, he even pressed himself into Discord’s side, who wrapped his tail around the little thing comfortingly. The chimera, meanwhile looked at the mane six pointedly. The words ‘I told you so’ written all over his face. He then eyed to ponies, an expectant look his face. Twilight caught on and stepped forward.

“Hey… uh...” A giant note-card poofing into existence over Discord’s head informed her and everypony of the little ceature’s name. “Rick...” The creature in question focused his attention on the young alicorn. “You… you don’t have to tell us. About… anything… If you don't want to.” There was silence between her and the little alien. Then, she noticed a tiny smile curving the edge of his lips.

“Th-thnks.” She barely heard Rick say through Discord’s tail.

Discord smiled and golf-clapped.

“Splendid! Now, Rick.” Discord said while looking down at him. “I must go and check upon my pocket dimension.” He then turned to the element bearers. “I am trusting his safety into your hands, please, don’t disappoint.” Discord said he disappeared with a snap of his taloned fingers. Rick remained in the air for a solid two seconds, having been lifted slightly in Discord's tail, before face-planting unceremoniously to the ground. A grunt could be heard upon impact.

“Oh my goodness! Are you okay?” Fluttershy gasped while rushing to the fallen being. Rick felt her closing in on him and used his bullet time ability to get up and away from the group.

“I’m fine...” He said in a quiet and reserved voice. The girls were once again amazed at his ability to evade.

And naturally, Twilight became inquisitive.

“How do you do that? I don’t sense any magic used when you do… whatever that was...” She asked while looking at Rick as one would witnessing an impossible feat.

“I… uh.. It’s just, something I can do. I can move super fast.” Rainbow, hearing this, also became inquisitive.

“Oh really? How fast we talkin’?” She asked while crossing her arms. Pushing up her B-cup breasts while doing so, as Rick noticed. He shook his head, remembering the question she just asked.

“Uh… like, really fast.” Rick timidly answered.

“Uhuh.” Rainbow huffed. “Prove it then.” Rainbow was now boring her eyes into the little creature, ignoring the dirty looking her friends were giving her.

“Ok...” Rick looked around for an idea. He saw the tree line and an idea seized his mind. “I’ll… you see those trees over there?” He asked while pointing towards the forest. The girls looked towards the Everfree, then back to Rick, and nodded. “I’m gonna, go over there and leave a scratch mark on one of those trees. Big enough for you all to see.” His voice slowly grew as confidence filled his being. He was sure he could impress that arrogant pegasus. Maybe even shut her up with his speed.

“And how is that supposed to prove anything?” An annoyed Rainbow Dash asked.

“Rainbow!” Applejack shouted. Having enough of her friends unacceptable behavior. Rick, however, managed a small smirk.

“Just watch. And don’t blink.” Rick said right before time slowed to a snail’s pace. Rick laughed at Rainbow’s confused look before he lazily made his way over to a random tree. The forest itself was a college football field's distance away from them. Rick chose a thick tree and carved a crude version of Rainbow’s cutie mark. He managed a glance at her hips when he started walking.

With the carving done, Rick nodded proudly to himself and walked back to hi original spot in front of the group. Time then returned to its normal pace.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Rainbow asked. Rick smirked and threw a thumb towards the foliage. Confused, Rainbow and Co. scanned the treeline. They quickly spotted the carving and their jaws dropped.

“That’s impossible...” Twilight breathed. “There’s now way you didn’t do that without magic.”

“No freakin’ way...” Rainbow muttered. She looked at Rick, fire dancing in those magenta eyes. “Do it again.” She demanded with a scowl. Rick met her gaze with a scowl os his own.

“You’re really mean...” Rick said. His body flickered for a split-second, and Rainbow was gone. The rest of the girls quickly realized what might of happened and frantically started looking for their friend.

“The hay!?” Rainbow’s voice came from the cottage. She flew out one of the windows and rejoined the group. “Did you do that!?”

Rick crossed his arms and said. “Yeah.” Rick said with an upset frown. “You believe me now?” He asked. He was surprised when Rainbow’s face broke out into a wide smile.

“Hay yeah! Dude! I didn’t think anypony could be faster than me! To bad you don’t have wings...” She said trailing off.

“Uhm...” Everyone heard Fluttershy start. “What else can you do? If you don't mind me asking, that is.” Rick smiled, a smug smile at that.

“Well. I can do this.” He said. And the area under his arms bulged under his shirt. Little lumps formed on the top of his head too. Those grew to resemble antenna. Almost like an ant’s, but fleshy.

Rick pulled his shirt up and revealed to the girls that the bulges were an extra set of arms. To the pony’s amazement he began waving them around in sync with his upper arms. As if he was born with four arms. He then turned around and showed off the extra… antennae. Two pairs grew from his back. It was confusing to the ponies; why would any living creature, alien or otherwise, need that many antennae. Once the transformation was completed, Rick turned back around and looked at the girls with a smug smile plastered on his face. Said smile reversed into a frown when he saw Twilight writing on a piece of paper with a quill, in her magic. His body flickered and he was suddenly holding the parchment.

“Hey!” The alicorn shouted at Rick. “I was writing on that!”

“I don’t want anyone writing shit about me like I’m some science experiment.” Rick grumbled while tearing the paper to pieces. “I’ve already had enough of that in my life.” He whispered to himself. That last sentence was quiet, almost too quiet, but the ponies heard it.

This little alien was absolutely baffling to the ponies. His attitude and emotions were flip-flopping all over the place. He was almost like Pinkie, in a way. Rick really couldn’t seem to stick to one state of mind for long.

But that last thing he said while he was ripping the scroll. The ponies thought; What did he mean by that?

“Would you, like, not do that?” Rick suddenly asked. The girls refocused their gazes on Rick, the short alien looking at them with an annoyed glare. They paused for a second, confused glances exchanging between the six of them. They eventually nodded, and Rick smiled a little. “Thanks...” Rick said. “Sorry, I just… I don’t like it when people do that.” Rick admitted. The girls nodded somewhat understandingly. His reasoning was pretty sound; Who would be comfortable with somepony just writing notes about you like Twilight did?

It certainly made the purple pony regret doing that.

“I’m sorry too...” Twilight said, her wings sagging a bit. “I should’ve at least asked if you were ok with me… doing that.” She looked at the ground, ashamed for losing a bit of control.

“Eh… it’s alright.” Rick waved it off. But some of the girls could tell there was… something, in his black eyes. Maybe they had caused him remember old, unsavory memories? “So… now what?” Rick asked.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“Well, are you gonna take me in for questioning or something? Stuff like that happens in movies so...” Rick trailed off.

“... He’s got a point...” Rainbow commented idly. Everypony glared at her for a second. Then, Pinkie was struck with an epiphanie. Which was cause enough for the pink party pony to hop into the air while dramatically gasping.

“IneedtogodosomethigBYE!” The pink enigma let loose a stream of words before she bolted off towards Ponyville. A pony-shaped dust cloud left in her place. The girls shared knowing glances while Rick looked confused as ever.

“What was all that about?” Rick asked.

“Oh, it’s nothing you need to worry about darling, it’s just a little surprise.” Was all Rarity said before she broke down into titters. Rick became more confused at this.

“Wha...”

“Don’t worry about it sugarcube.” Applejack said with a dismissive wave of her right hand. “How ‘bout we take ya on a tour ‘round town? Ah know ya probably had you own kinda tour, but, still. Wouldn’t hurt if we introduce ya to everypony.” The orange mare suggested.

“Are you going to tell everyone about, like, me? About what I’ve done?” Rick asked with a hint of fear in his voice. The girls looked at each other, a silent agreement was made between them.

Twilight cleared her throat in said in an authoritative tone. “Since you really didn't cause any form of physical damage, we won't tell anypony that you were the cause of all the chaos.” Rick heaved a sigh relief at that. “But we still are introducing you to everyone as Discord’s friend.”

“Oh… uh… actually,” Rick gulped audibly. “is it alright if Discord does that?”

“Uhm, why?” A genuinely confused Twilight asked.

“Well… no offense… but… Discord’s the only guy I can trust at the moment...”

Twilight really had no idea how to respond to that.

“... Oh… And… What makes you say that?” She asked.

“Really?” Rick asked with an annoyed expression. “You six chased me, and she nearly had me in a choke hold.” He said bitterly.

The girls, even Rainbow, had the decency to look a little ashamed. But it only lasted a few short seconds.

“Oh, come on. I wasn’t even gonna do that!” Rainbow gripped.

“Likely story.” Was all Rick said. The girls wilted a bit, and Twilight sighed.

“Please, give us another chance. I promise we won’t… do anything. We just want to show you around town.” Twilight said with a light-hearted smile. Rick crossed his tiny little arms. He stood resolute against Twilight and company’s pleading faces. For, like, a second. It was eleven seconds to be exact, but it was all the same to him.

“Urrgh, fine.” He said, much to the girl’s delight. “But if any kinda horse shit happens I'm outty five-thousand.” They flinched at his colorful choice of words, but understood and nodded.

And so, the Mane Six began their little tour of the Town of Ponyville, showing the little alien around. And informing him of landmarks such as Rarity’s clothing store,Town Hall, and the School House. And also generally told Rick more about the towns ponies (there wasn't much about the buildings in the first place).

The ponies touring Rick had an ace up their sleeves though, since they saved Sugarcube Corner to be the end of their little tour. Rick of course new about the bakery, and generally had an idea about the town itself. But the sights still enthralled the little experiment.

*heavy cough-cough*

From the medieval housing, to the modern-ish market, to the downright beautiful scenery around. Ponyville emanated an aura of peace and quiet. Quite the opposite to the hustle and bustle of the City that Never Sleeps, in which Rick lives in.

Compared to that place, Ponyville was a slice of heaven. Especially more so when he laid eyes upon the bakery. As much as Rick wanted to run up and take a bite out the building itself. He thought he knew better, since he didn’t know whether or not the building was really made out of gingerbread and frosting.

“Rick?” Twilight called. “You can go on ahead inside, me and the girls need to talk about something. Pinkie should be inside already.” Rick raised a brow, but nodded and made his way inside Sugarcube Corner. He at first noticed through the windows that it was somehow dark inside, despite it being about noon. He glanced back at the girls and saw them stealing glances as well. He refocused back on the establishment, shrugged and waltzed right inside.

As soon as he did, he noticed that there were ponies inside. And, much to his confusement, hiding in the dark, behind and counters and tables, tables, of all things. With his eyes quickly adjusting, he also noticed that the ponies were wearing what appeared to be party hats. There were also streamers and confetti… somehow, hung around the room. At this point, it was obvious to Rick that this was supposed to be a surprise party. So he knew what was about to happen, and prepared for it.

What he wasn’t prepared for, however, was that a certain pony would appear out of thin air in front of his small form, her face mere inches away from his own.

“Surprise!”

Comments ( 8 )

7934687 Who? Discord? If so, then I don't know.

7935233 Oh, then no. Why do you ask?

7935655 the words "cute" and "experiments"

7935984 I... don't get what you're typing...

7936090 meh. I am on pain meds! :pinkiegasp: I got stabbed! Pain meds are awesome!.:rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment