• Published 11th Oct 2016
  • 552 Views, 4 Comments

Mind Swap - ravensky384



6 friends switch bodies with the mane six and only an unknown pony can help them

  • ...
 4
 552

Cave Trials

In one section of the cave, Rarity and Storm had found themselves in front of a small gnome, who was standing directly in their way, and looking very grumpy.

“So, if you could just let us pass, please," said Rarity, in her most polite and gentle tone, “we would be ever so grateful.”

“No,” grumped the gnome, crossing his tiny arms.

“Why not?” asked Storm, calmly.

"Cause I don't feel like moving," he said, sitting down.

Something in his attitude told the two that he wasn’t going to budge easily. Rarity groaned and turned to her friend.

“What do we do now?” she asked.

Storm looked thoughtful for a moment or two as she paced up and down, the gnome’s eyes following her as he continued to look stubborn and sour. And then, suddenly, her face lit up, and Rarity could almost swear she saw a light bulb flash over her head. Storm walked up to the grumpy gnome and said,

“Listen, if we can make you laugh, will you let us pass?” she asked

Rarity looked astonished. That wasn’t the solution she had been expecting. The little gnome thought this over for a moment, and then, nodded his head.

“Alright, miss. You have yourself a deal.”



Meanwhile, Fluttershy and Firebrand had found themselves at a fork in the road, literally.

“Who leaves an actual fork sticking in the road?” asked Firebrand, peering at it with an incredulous look on his face.

Fluttershy simply shrugged her shoulders and bent down to pick up the fork. It wouldn't budge.

“It's stuck,” she said.

“What? Here, let me try.”

Firebrand reached down and took hold of it. He struggled as he yanked and pulled at it, until finally, he pulled it loose. He held it up, a triumphant grin on his face.

“See? Nothing to it,” he said.

At that moment, the cave was filled with an ominous rumbling noise. The two looked at each other, the smile gone from Firebrand’s face.

“Um what was that?” asked Fluttershy, nervously.

Her question was soon answered as, with a loud crack, the ground broke beneath them, and they fell deeper down into the cave.



Over by Pinkie Pie and Gregory, the two seemed to be going in circles.

“Ooh, look! It's that rock that looks just like a frog!” exclaimed Pinkie, in delight.

“But didn't we see that rock, like, five minutes ago?” asked Gregory.

Pinkie nodded her head sadly, the knowledge of this wiping the joy from her face.

“There has got to be a way out of here,” she said.

The two looked around for anything that might clue them to the way to go on, something...out of the ordinary. No sooner did they wish this, however, than they saw something that made them wish they hadn’t…



Back with Chocolate Gem and Blazewing, the two were trying to find a path to take them through the rest of the cave.

“Maybe we should just make our own path or something,” said Gem. “I mean, you do have alicorn magic now.”

She was doing her best to avoid looking into Blaze's eyes as she said this. Blaze found it a bit odd, but he made no mention of it.

“I don't know,” he said, frowning. “I just feel there must be something we’re missing here.”

“The others are probably already through and wondering what happened to us,” said Gem.

“Not if their paths are as confusing as ours,” said Blaze.

Gem just sighed and stared up at the ceiling. Something about it soon began to pique her curiosity. And then, her eyes widened, she seemed to understand.

“Hey, is it normal for sunlight to shine through cave ceilings?” she asked.

Blaze looked over, surprised.

“No,” he said. “Why?”

Gem pointed silently, and Blaze’s eyes traveled up to where she was pointing. He gasped. Sunlight was shining through in various small gaps in the cave ceiling. The two friends were too stunned for words. They simply looked at each other and smiled broadly. Finally, they’d found a way out! Now, there was just one problem: how were they going to fit through those holes?...



After their harrowing fall, Fluttershy and Firebrand had found themselves in a small pocket inside the cave. Firebrand sat up, but Fluttershy didn’t move.

“Fluttershy? Are you alright” Firebrand asked, concerned, as he put a hoof to her shoulder and shook her.

Finally, to Firebrand’s enormous relief, Fluttershy coughed a few times and managed to sit up.

“Yes, I’m alright,” she said. “What about you?”

Firebrand just nodded, then started to glance around the room.

“Where are we anyway?” he asked.

“I have no idea, but I suppose we don't have much of a choice except to move forward.”

So, with no alternative, the two headed deeper into the unknown territory, not knowing what awaited them just ahead…



Meanwhile, in Raven's territory, the alicorn was busy watching the events unfold.

“Geez, I didn't think they would actually try to pull that fork up,” she mused. “Oh, well. I suppose it can't be helped.”

At that very instant, something dropped from the ceiling right in front of her. Bemused, she looked down to see what looked like a multicolored puddle on the floor. Before her eyes, something shot out of it, rising straight up, until it formed into the unmistakeable form of Discord, Spirit of Chaos, and best friend of Fluttershy’s, stroking his tufty beard as he contemplated Raven.

“Well, what have we here?” he asked, in his smooth and unctuous voice. “A little birdie told me somepony had made trouble for my dear Fluttershy and her friends.”

He snapped his fingers, and a literal bird appeared in the palm of his lion’s paw. It was tweeting shrilly, ‘Fluttershy’s in trouble! Her friend’s, too! Raven’s fault!” He snapped his fingers again, and the bird vanished.

“Discord, what are you doing here?” Raven asked.

The chaotic draconequus was an old acquaintance of hers, but the fact that he was now friends with one of her current victims made her slightly wary.

“I figured I'd see what you were up to, but I see you are up to your old tricks again,” said Discord, casually.

“That wasn’t my fault!” snapped Raven. “Princess Celestia was supposed to read the spell. It wasn't supposed to affect these ponies."

Discord raised one bushy eyebrow.

“Knowing you, you've already figured out how to use this to your advantage," he said, shrewdly.

“Yes,” said Raven, a smile playing about her lips. “Actually, I need you to do something for me."

Discord pondered her for a moment or two, his expression unreadable. Then, he shrugged.

“Well, I suppose I have nothing better to do,” he said.

Raven’s unpleasant smile widened, her teeth glinting.

“Excellent. Here's the plan, then…”

Author's Note:

Hiya, so in case there is any confusion since we switched the voices back, when a character is speaking its the one where their mind is, so for instance if Pinkie Pie says something, It is with Gregory's voice.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment