• Published 11th Oct 2016
  • 552 Views, 4 Comments

Mind Swap - ravensky384



6 friends switch bodies with the mane six and only an unknown pony can help them

  • ...
 4
 552

Final Preperations

As Applejack finished putting up the last speaker, Fluttershy, who had been looking over the music prepared for that night, said to Firebrand,

“Umm, I think you're missing a song."

“Huh?” asked Firebrand, looking puzzled. “That’s odd. I was told I only needed two songs."

“Oh, dear,” said Fluttershy. “There must have been a mix-up when we made arrangements.

“Well, what are we gonna do?” asked Applejack

Suddenly, the sound of somepony singing reached their ears. They looked at each other, then rushed outside. Chocolate Gem was trotting along, singing to herself, but in a way not even her friends had ever heard before. The three ponies exchanged awestruck looks.

“Wow, Chocolate Gem, you sound amazing!” Fluttershy exclaimed, unable to hold it back.

Gem looked startled at having been overheard, then blushed shyly.

“Huh? Oh, um, I'm just average," she mumbled.

“What, are you kidding?” asked Firebrand, grinning at her. “You’re incredible! Why didn't you tell us you could sing like that?"

Gem swung her leg awkwardly, looking down at the ground.

“I kind of have stage fright," she said.

Firebrand looked surprised at this. Gem was normally one of the most outgoing (even eccentric) ponies he’d ever known.

“But you sing with us all the time," he said.

“Yeah, but, you guys are my friends,” said Gem. “It's not like I'm singing in front of an audience or alone."

Firebrand put a consoling hoof on her shoulder.

“You won't be alone,” he said. “We'll all be there. You wanna know something else?”

Gem nodded, curious.

“Well, don't tell anyone I said this, but...I used to have stage fright as well."

Gem’s jaw dropped.

“R-Really? But you perform all the time!"

“That doesn't mean I don't get nervous,” said Firebrand. “Before I could start performing, I had to do a pre-show in front of Ink Rose in order to work up the courage to perform in front of a large audience."

“It’s up to you, of course,” said Fluttershy, “but we’d be honored if you could sing for the Celebration.”

Applejack nodded, smiling. Gem pondered over this. At last, she said,

“I guess one song wouldn't hurt, but only if you’re ok with it, Firebrand."

“Are you kidding?” asked Firebrand. “Absolutely!"

“Well, alright, then!" said Gem, smiling.

"Well, now that that's settled,” said Applejack, “we best be heading back to the castle."

The gang agreed with a collective nod, and started making their way back.



When the foursome arrived, it was to find that more ponies had shown up. They could see Princess Cadence of the Crystal Empire, her husband Prince Shining Armor, and their daughter Flurry Heart, who was sleeping gently in a magically-levitating basket. Their crystaller, Sunburst, was deep in conversation with Starlight Glimmer, his old friend and Twilight’s pupil. Princesses Celestia and Luna had also arrived, the latter speaking with Pinkie Pie, the former deep in serious conversation with Twilight.

“So, this scroll just appeared randomly, and you have no idea who it's from?” Firebrand heard Twilight ask.

“I'm afraid so,” said Celestia. “I do recognize the language, however: a very ancient one that very few remember."

“I think I might be able to translate it,” said Twilight, her brow furrowed as her eyes roved over the aforementioned scroll, “and then we can figure out what this is all about."

“Thank you Twilight,” said Celestia, “but for now, let's worry about the celebration, I don't want the others to worry."

“I understand,” said Twilight, nodding.

Firebrand and Chocolate Gem looked at each other, at a loss to understand what was going on. However, they resolved to act as if they hadn’t just overheard, if Princess Celestia didn’t want this interfering with the proceedings.



Meanwhile, outside Equestria, the purple alicorn was pacing back and forth in her chamber.

“Spark!” she yelled. “Inferno! Kindle! Come here!"

At this command, three small dragons came running or flying in.

“Yes. mistress!" they all said in unison.

"I need you three to travel to Ponyville,” said their mistress. “You need to find Princess Celestia and make sure she reads the scroll I sent her out loud. Also, make sure this little guy is on her when she does."

She held out a small jar and handed it to Spark.

"Yes, mistress. We will do our best," said Spark, bowing.

Spark, Inferno and, Kindle were three dragon siblings that the young mare had taken care of since they were just eggs. Spark, the eldest of the group, was a serious-minded female who usually had to keep her brothers in line. Next was Inferno, who was, to put it mildly, excitable. He tended to be loud and jump into things before thinking. Kindle was the youngest, and the most loyal to their mistress. He was a kind soul, and tended to do all of the cooking and cleaning, not because he was forced, but because he liked to.

“Uh, Mistress,” Kindle spoke up, “not to be rude or anything, but won’t three dragons stick out in a crowd of ponies?”

“I understand your concern, Kindle,” said the alicorn, “but I've already planned for that."

With a flare of her horn and three flashes of bright light, all three dragons were suddenly transformed into pegasus ponies, still bearing their original colors, but indistinguishable from normal ponies.

“There we are,” said the alicorn, with a satisfied smile. “Now you shan’t fall under suspicion.”

“Whoa! I have hooves!" yelled Inferno, excitedly. "This is so cool!"

Spark rolled her eyes in irritation.

“Yes, yes,” said their mistress, a slight bite of impatience to her voice. “Just make sure you don't forget your mission. I’m counting on you three."

“Yes, mistress!"

And with that, the three dragons-turned-pegasi flew off.

“Um, Spark?” asked KIndle.

“Hmm?”

“Where IS Ponyville?”

Spark opened her mouth to answer, then closed it, before saying, awkwardly,

“Actually, I haven’t a clue."

Author's Note:

phew third chapter is finally out! if you all want to see what our three dragons look like in Pegasi form I'm planning on posting that to my devianart under the same name. Already there are Chocolate Gem, Storm Cloud and Mint Leaf for any of you who are interested.
maybe If I can figure out how to draw better or find someone who can I can get them in their dragon forms. until then
see you in the next chapter!