• Published 11th Oct 2016
  • 552 Views, 4 Comments

Mind Swap - ravensky384



6 friends switch bodies with the mane six and only an unknown pony can help them

  • ...
 4
 552

the journey begins or so I have wings..now what?

The group was finally ready to begin their long journey. Or, at least, they thought they were.

“Does anypony know which way we should go?” asked Twilight.

“Well, first, I think we ought to learn how to use our new, uh, appendages,” said Applejack, gesturing at her newly acquired wings.

“That might be helpful,” said Twilight. “If we have to force Callista to switch us back, we should know how to use our new wings and horns.”

She glanced at Blaze, who nodded and turned to the others.

“I can teach flying, and Twilight can teach magic,” he said.

“Good idea,” said Rainbow Dash. “That’s usually my thing, but I kind of need to learn this magic stuff first.”

The lessons soon began, Blaze and Twilight taking charge. It didn’t take long, however, for everypony to see that this was going to be a lot of work.

“No, no, no Rainbow!” exclaimed Twilight, in exasperation. “I told you, you have to feel the magic. Let it build up inside, and then let it go. Now, concentrate and try again.”

“Ok, Mint, you’re doing good,” said Blaze, patiently, “but, er, let's try actually flapping your wings this time. Hopping on the spot and flapping your legs isn’t quite the same thing.”

“Ugh, this is impossible!" groaned Mint, collapsing onto the ground. “I wish I had my horn back.”

“We all wish we had our old bodies back, sugarcube,” said Applejack, gently. “I could do without these wings. They'd just get in the way of my bucking.”

“Well, at least some of us are getting used to our new bodies,” said Mint, gesturing over at Pinkie and Gregory, who were amusing themselves by playing tic-tac-toe in the dirt.

After what seemed like an eternity (but was actually only about ten minutes), Blaze and Firebrand seemed to have a handle on their new abilities. Firebrand could fly with relative ease, and Blaze had at least mastered some basic unicorn spells, though he wasn’t too willing to try teleporting just yet. The girls, however, were still having some trouble.

“That's it! I give up!” yelled Mint.

“Hear, hear,” said Rarity, grumpily.

Gregory watched them with a concerned look on his face. He whistled to get Firebrand and Blaze’s attention.

“Guys, over here!” he called.

“What is it?” they both asked, coming over.

Gregory pulled them in closer to form a huddle.

“The girls are in serious need of a cheer-up,” he said. “We need some serious motivation out here, something to get them back in the spirit.”

“Well, sure, but how?” asked Brand.

“I have an idea,” Gregory told them. “Just follow my lead.”

He made his way back toward the girls. All of a sudden, rather ominous music started playing from nowhere.

“Uh, where did that come from?” asked Storm.

The others just shrugged their shoulders, until Gregory started to sing. This time, however, he surprisingly didn't sound bad this time. Perhaps it had something to do with having Pinkie’s body, as Pinkie was well-known for her spontaneous (and well-sung) musical moments.

Just a small town mare
Living life without a care
She took the midnight train
Going anywhere

Blaze understood in an instant, and, without missing a beat, took the next verse.

Just a city colt
Wishing that life just halt
He took the midnight train
Going anywhere

Firebrand shrugged his shoulders as he took the last verse.

)A singer in a crowded room
The smell of cider and perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

And now, much to the girls’ surprise and amazement, the three guys all joined together for the chorus.

Fillies waiting
Up and down Ponyville
Their shadows searching in the night
Starlight ponies
Living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Gregory took the next part.

Working hard to get our fill
Just to learn this brand new skill

Firebrand continued on.

Giving anything to change us back
Before we crack

Blaze took the next part, glancing at Mint as he did so.

You will fly, you will soar
No need to worry anymore

The three guys sang together

We will always be here by your side
For our friendship it will never end

Fillies waiting
Up and down Ponyville
Their shadows searching in the night
Starlight ponies
Living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Gregory held onto the last night for a while, before breaking out into air guitar, which somehow sounded like a real guitar.

Don’t stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Starlight ponies
Oh-oh-ohhh

Don't stop believing
Hold on...
Starlight ponies
Oh-oh-ohh

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feelin,
Starlight ponies

The music slowly began to fade out, but the girls, completely enthralled, continued jamming out.

“All right!” cried Mint, leaping into the air. “I feel motivated! Let's try this one more time!”

“Uh, Mint, don't look now, but you're flying!” exclaimed Storm.

Mint looked down, and noticed that she wasn't back on the ground like she should be. She looked behind her, and saw that her new wings were indeed keeping her aloft. Her face lit up.

“I'm doing it! I'm doing it!” she screamed happily.

Bolstered by the song and Mint’s success, the others began to follow suit. Soon, everypony had managed to grow accustomed to their swapped bodies, and the real journey could finally start. Pinkie, meanwhile, was reading the scroll containing the switching spell, peering at a spot on it through narrowed eyes.

“Hey, guys!” she called. “I found some small print on the switching spell scroll! Listen!”

And she began reading it aloud. The others panicked. Who knew what might happen now?!

“Wait, Pinkie! No!" they all cried.

But they were too late. There was another flash of light. When it cleared, Pinkie blinked.

“I don't feel any different, she said.

But something was different. Her voice sounded just like Gregory’s again! Everyone gasped.

“What in the-?! Did you two switch back?” exclaimed Rarity.

She clapped her hooves to her mouth. Her voice had sounded a lot like Storm's. In fact, it sounded exactly like hers.

“Nope,” said Gregory, who, although sounding exactly like Pinkie Pie, looked largely unconcerned, as did Pinkie.

“Great, so our voices switched back, but not our minds,” said Rainbow.

“Well, we can at least agree on one thing,” said Gem. “This just got a whole lot more entertaining.”

Her friends just laughed in agreement.



Meanwhile, over in Raven Sky's territory, she was watching the events unfold in her magic globe, a smile of cold amusement on her face.

“Well, she's right,” she said aloud to herself. “That is more entertaining."

She turned off her magic globe for a moment and trotted over to her bookshelf. She pulled out one particular book, which opened a secret compartment within. Inside lay her father's journal. She took it out, and started flipping the pages.

“Kindle, Spark, Inferno!” she barked, and her three dragon friends all rushed in

“Yes, Mistress?” they all replied in unison.

“I have a job for you.”

She handed each one of them a small ring, and after they had all slipped these onto their claws, she continued,

“With these, you can change your appearance and voice to whomever and whatever you want. Now, here is what I need you to do.”

She pulled her friends in closer and whispered her plan to them.

“But, I don't understand,” said Spark.

“It's a bit difficult for me to explain,” said Raven, “Let's just say that in order to cast this spell, we need these twelve elements to be present.”

The three dragons, though obviously still confused, just nodded and flew off in different directions, planning on how they would try to bring out these new elements.



Back in Ponyville, the group had finally decided to start heading west. Why? It seemed logical to them. As they walked, Mint noticed that Gem was looking a bit absentminded.

"Hey, Gem, are you alright?" she asked.

“Huh?” Gem looked up into her concerned friend’s face. “Oh! Uh, yeah, sorry, Mint.”

Mint saw her eyes flit toward Blaze, walking near the head of the pack with Twilight. She smiled knowingly.

“Let me guess,” she said. “You still haven't gotten over your crush on Blaze yet.”

Gem, her cheeks going scarlet, rushed to put her hoof over the Pegasus's mouth.

“Shh!” she hissed. “Don't go telling all of Equestria!”

“I don't know why you don't' just tell him.”

Gem bit her lip.

“I'm afraid,” she confessed, half-whispering, half-exclaiming. “What if he doesn't like me back, and then it ruins our friendship?”

Mint placed her hoof on the poor mare's shoulder.

“That won't happen,” she said, gently. “Trust me.”

In time, the group approached a rather large cave, one with six entrances. They looked at each other.

“So, which one do we take?” asked Rainbow.

“We should split up,” said Mint, quickly and rather loudly. “I'll go with Rainbow, Firebrand can go with Fluttershy, Rarity can go with Storm, Applejack can go with Twilight, and Blaze can go with Gem.”

“Sounds good to me,” said Twilight, quite impressed.

“What are you doing?!" whispered Gem, frantically, to Mint.

“Trust me on this one,” Mint whispered back. “Now you can tell him how you feel!”

Gem didn’t know whether or not she wanted to kick Mint for this, but it was too late. The group was splitting into their chosen pairs, and each was choosing an entrance.

“Well, Gem, shall we take door number three?" asked Blaze, turning to his friend.

“Oh, yeah, sure,” said Gem, her cheeks still a bit pink.

With their entrances chosen, the six pairs delved into the cave, one step closer to the strange alicorn princess and their new destiny.

Blaze and Gem had chosen the third from the left, and had disappeared into darkness, but only for a few seconds. An unexpected light shone further on. They quickened their steps, then came to a halt, mouths falling open.

“Woah!” breathed Blaze. “Check this out!”

The chamber they were standing in was filled with beautiful crystals of all sorts of colors, and a huge, sparkling pond sat in the center, as smooth and still as glass.

“It's wonderful!” exclaimed Gem, in awe.

As she looked about her, taking in the breathtaking sight, she suddenly realized what she needed to do. Something about this room seemed to make it the right time. She glanced over at Blaze, cleared her throat, and said, a bit hesitantly,

“Uh, Blaze, there's something I wanted to tell you. Uh..you see...I..”

She was struggling to find the right words. However, to her disappointment, Blaze wasn't even listening to her. He was too busy writing feverishly in his notebook, gripped in his new horn-powered telekinesis. He stopped for a moment and glanced up at Gem.

“Did you say something, Gem?” he asked.

Gem looked away, sadly.

“Uh..No.”

Blaze looked at her for a second or two, slightly puzzled, shrugged, then went back to writing. Gem trotted over to a small area right by the pond and looked down into it. A single tear fell from her eye as she began to sing.

[i)\]Guess I wasn’t the first mare too scared
To try and tell him how I feel
No matter how I try
There's just no getting over you

You know I’m just a fool who's willing
To trod around and wait for you
But Blazewing can’t you see
There’s nothing else that I can do
I’m hopelessly in love with you

But now I can’t even try
To tell you how I feel
My feelings stay inside
I’m hopelessly in love with you
Hopelessly in love with you
Hopelessly in love with you

My head is saying don’t even bother
My heart is saying tell the truth
Keep trying till the end
That’s what I intend to do
I’m hopelessly in love with you

But now I can’t even try
To tell you how i feel
My feelings stay inside
I’m hopelessly in love with you
Hopelessly in love with you
Hopelessly in love with you
Hopelessly in love with you

“What's a girl to do?” Gem whispered softly to herself.

Author's Note:

sorry for the long wait for this chapter guys, been soo busy lately with classes. and then I had this medical issue I had to deal with but I'm fine now so though I've tried to make it clear who sings when it's a bit difficult so I color coded the lyrics to make it easier

Red=Firebrand
Blue=Blazewing
green= Gregory
Yellow=all three

also two songs in one chapter! bet you didn't' expect that to happen.

the first song is based on the song Don't stop believing by Journey and the 2nd one on the song hopelessly devoted to you from the musical Grease.

see ya guys next chapter