• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 727 Views, 2 Comments

"Sparky's" Week Off - Mocha Jon



Big Mac decided to take a week off the farm due to stress. He and Discord decided it would be fun to make him act pretty "clingy" to somepony. However the head barista at the coffee shop probably isn't in the mood for a new pet...

  • ...
3
 2
 727

Part 1

Working hard, hardly not working, the farming pony sure knew he was running himself to the brinks of insanity. Big Macintosh was doing so much farm work lately, with his sister spending time with the Elements of Harmony, and his other sister helping other ponies with their cutie marks and all. Without ever having a day ofd, he realized that he would blow the roof off the barn if he didn't take any time off. His family agreed that as the pony who does the hardest work on the farm, Big Mac needed some time to relax. Applebloom agreed to put fliers around ponyville for tempory replacements so her big brother could take some time off, she fogured it was the least she could do for him to remind him that she still cared about him instead of just Applejack.

On his first day off, Big Mac still woke up bright and early instead of just sleeping in. Sense he lived on a farm his whole life waking up before dawn was almost a force of habit for him. One part of his daily cycle he didn't want to give up was his morning cup of coffee. Every morning before he starts the day on the fields he always heads over to the local coffee shop to help get some caffeine in his blood. On his way out he already noticed at least three ponies waiting outside for the week long internship. Big Mac was surprised by this, he honestly doubted anypony even knew he existed, let alone his job would be popular. As he walked across the road, he noticed a few ponies were also awake at this hour who were all grogey and exhausted, more than usual but most were not surprising. The one that was the most shocking was Discord, wide awake and hanging upside down in a tree doing a cross wors puzzle that was intangible in the mid air, Big Mac was confused, "Hey there, why ya in Ponyville now and why ya up at this hour?"

Discord briefly made a circus outfit appear over his body and he flipped out of the tree like a trapeze artist, "I'm the all powerful unpredictable being of randomness, I never know where I'll sleep, I never know how long I'll sleep or when I'll sleep or..." Suddenly he started yawning and instantky passed out right where he was standing with a night cap and a teddy bear appearing out of nowhere. Big Mac lightky poked him with his hoof to ask if he was alright, causing him to wake up and panic as if he was late for a work meeting or the ACTs, but then he shrugged it off as the night cap and bear vanished. "Sorry about that, what brings you over here, shouldn't you be..." Discord ina straw hat and overalls, "Shuckin' the hay and spreadin' maunre 'cross the fields?"

Big Mac chuckled, "Nope, we're hiring temporary work hooves so I can take a week off, now I'm just on my way to get some coffee."

Discord made a disgusted, 'bleh' face (including turning green), "Coffee, I honestly don't know how anypony can enjoy that stuff. So what are you doing on your vacation? Please don't tell me we need to do more of that role play right away, I mean it was fun at first but if we do it too much it will get boring..."

"Nope. Honestly I ain't sure what I wanna do. I've never had time off before, honestly the only time I remember not working was that time ya made me think I was a dog when ya took over Ponyville." Big Mac then started to blush a little out of embarrassment.

Discord started laughing, "Oh come on! You seriously don't think that was even a little funny? I mean seeing you play in the mud... or what you think was mud, and don't try to deny you liked playing with Wynonna that way!"

Big Mac looked more embarrassed, he actually did like it... He liked it a lot, but he didn't want to admit it at all, "Uh, Nope... I uh... thought it was... uh... too silly" He lied.

Discord could tell he was not being honest, "You're 'uh' right, I totally 'uh' serious, you 'uh' thought it was 'uh' lame!" He sarcastically responded. He appeared over and was holding a collar over his face to try and entice him. "Come on, I can tell you loved it, just admit it, you're only fooling yourself!"

Big Mac gave in and stopped pretending, "Eeyup... I liked it, it was fun to take a break from being the no nonsense pony and get a chance to just cut loose." He still looked embarrassed but he did feel better getting the secret out. Plus nopony was around the area to really judge, so Big Mac just gave him a faint grin.

Discord got a devilish idea that he was more than happy to act on as he looked into Big Mac's eyes, "You know... maybe I can..." He stopped himself before he bothered to try it, he remembered what Fluttershy would do if he started messing with ponies against their will again. "Okay before I do anything, and I cannot emphasize how much I mean 'before', how about I make you feel like that again? Bring out the Pup in you...?"

Big Mac just started nodding his head in excitement and eagerness, sense the cat was out of the box he figured he might as well be honest, "Eeeyup! Eeyup! Eeyup!" He was eager to feel as happy and playful and loyal as he felt when he was last dog-minded.

Discord sighed in relief there, "Alright but if anypony asks, you agreed to this!"

Big Mac nodded, "Eeyup."

Discord looked right back into Big Mac's eyes and instantly started to form colorful rings in both their eyes. Big Mac instantly stood still and his face became expressionless as his eyes gained the same color pattern. "Now let's not rush into things now..."

"Nope..." Big Mac emotionlessly agreed.

"Now when I snap my claw, our entire conversation will be erased from your head, you will go on about your morning as if we have not spoken, understood?"

"Eeyup..."

"But when you see the first pony after you leave, you will slowly and slowly start to become more and more like a loyal dog, what ever breed you like, husky, retriever, terrier, anything you want, and that pony will be your Master, understood?"

"Eeyup..."

"But you will not tell him or her about your little trance, or about me, leave him or her in suspense, I love a good confused pony!" Discord chuckled, his pupils spinning in opposite directions when he said 'confused'. "You won't tell anypony right?"

"Nope..."

"Good boy!" Suddenly Discord snapped his claw fingers then vanished into thin air and appeared back in the tree, sleeping with the night cap and teddy bear. After about a minute the rings in Big Mac's eyes faded and he just shook his head off.

"Un, what was I doin'?" He asked as he placed his hoof on his forehead for a moment but then he remembered he was on his way to get some coffee. On the whole walk over to the coffee shop there was nobody in sight, not many ponies like being up at this hour and those he saw earlier certainly went back to bed. When he arrived at the coffee shop he noticed it was empty except for the barista, Mocha Jon.

"Oh hey Big Mac, should I get your usual Extra Strong Triple Shot Americano?" He asked as he already started making the drink, knowing Big Mac would say yes.

Big Mac's eyes were closed as he nodded and responded "Eeyup!" When he opened his eyes, the colorful rings returned to his eyes for a second while Jon wasn't looking. As soon as the rings faded, Big Mac rushed over to the head counter as quickly as he could. He suddenly started realizing that they should be best friends, and he wanted to spend all his time with him. When Jon looked back with the drink, he was shocked and frightened by Big Mac's disturbingly large smile on his face as he stared at the barista.

Comments ( 2 )

sounds like an intersting story so far,I hope you will keep on writing this, as I love puppy mac.

7610029 Well now I'm working on 3 stories at once and I have another planned, I figured this way I can get inspired on many stories i stead of just having one story and a long period without updating one because im more focused on one that i am not inspired for

Login or register to comment