• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 677 Views, 5 Comments

Equis is Breaking - Glen Gorewood



There are beings known as the goddesses of the sun and moon this is true, but Equis herself is barely new. When her embodiment begins to fade, how will this world change?

  • ...
6
 5
 677

Thoughts from the Author

I feel it is important I give my final thoughts on this particular story. As one of the first I wrote for this site, it deserves a special note considering the story itself has its origins much earlier in time. Indeed though I have adapted it for FIM, and in my mind it works out splendidly; it’s origins lie in a dark sci-fi horror dream from long ago. One that was in the vein of more obscure titles from the golden age of sci-fi horror.

It was in third person, and I watched as a being called Terra and those before her went through scenes to tried to convey in the final chapter and the first. Their world, their society, was advanced to the point of being as gods to others. They were a force of positivity and learning upon the multiverse. That is another story altogether, and would make for its own book series if and when I tell it in full.

However, in their hubris these beings overused a type of energy or matter they found that allowed them to ignore all the laws of physics and existence. Unknowingly bringing a force of destruction upon their civilization and most of those they aided, a force that was itself merely acting out its long running protocol to defend itself and prevent a greater from coming down upon the dimensions and multiverse.

Terra and her friends did as I described in the story, meet a being that was a fragment of the destructive force. It was not called Discord, though he matches the role and most of the character fairly well. Unlike Discord, the original was more withdrawn from its time as a part of that amalgam of beings. Unlike Discord, this being was younger in body but ancient in mind, in many ways barely an adult. Unlike Discord, this entity played a greater role, actively fighting the other fragments with its newfound friends. Also unlike Discord, the original had no gender. The similarities between the two are important where it counts, the original like Discord went by a name meaning chaos. The original’s name was Xaos Devou, the Chaos of the Devourer.

The end result was the same as in this story, Terra and her friends merged with the core and branch cores saving what remained of their civilization and planet. They used dead planets, or what they thought were dead planets, as vessels and energy to allow those within the world to continue to live on. The story picked up when I had the dreams “Sequel” dream a few months later. In it Terra and her friends must choose successors to their duties, and all but Terra find and merge with those successors after many trials. Terra would unknown millennia later find her successor, though Ratet’s successor Solara tries to prolong the chosen heirs “mortal” life to the point of almost causing the system irreparably damage. Like in the story, this is thwarted by Xaos, Selena, and the new Bearer of the World herself.

The ending is the beginning of a new arc in the dream sci-fi story saga.

The second chapter and first chapter of Equis is Breaking is derived from that “Chosen Heir of the Core” arc of the dream tale. It is its own story however, do not think it is modified from the saga I described above. Though I took inspiration from this story series I have yet to pen that came to me in a dream so long ago, Equis is Breaking is its own entity. It is set in its own realm, its own world, and stands on its own. The dream saga and Equis is Breaking may share some similarities, however in the end they are wholly different. I intended it that way.

I left out much detail and many adventures and saga sections in this story, but I hope most of it was conveyed as accurately as possible within the limits of the medium. Maybe one day I will write a sequel to this tale, or perhaps I will let it be and instead write the saga that inspired this story instead. The latter is more likely, considering this is my least popular tale and I have so many more I must devote my time to for now.


For now, Equis is Breaking is complete.
I am happy that after almost a year this is so, and though I know for many this is not their cup of Fimfiction tea; I am still proud of completing this science fiction dark horror work.

If you wish a sequel to be made, be aware that I will not be able to write it for some time. I do welcome any fanart of this or my other stories, though I do not expect it.

Thank you for reading Equis is Breaking,
Glen Gorewood

Author's Note:

And now this story is at an end, and from that end shall a new beginning come into being.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment