• Published 15th Aug 2016
  • 425 Views, 15 Comments

Cake - Pathos14489



There are slices of life. Have you ever heard of the cake of existence? Let the masses have their cake and eat it.

  • ...
 15
 425

Twilight Sporkal

My eye twitched as I scanned the sentence again. And again. Then once more, hoping I had spontaneously grown a brain tumor and misread it the first two times. "They misspelled my name."

I heard Spike move his comic book out of his face. Then gems crunched for a moment before he mumbled, "...What?" through a mouth full of gemstones.

I slammed the paper on the table, pointing at the incriminating sentence. "In Canterlot Daily, they misspelled. My. Name. Me, Princess Twilight Sparkle." I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose with my magic. "I would understand if I weren't royalty, but I'm literally one of the leaders of the entire country these ponies live in!" I pulled up my mug of coffee, "Whoever this," I peered at the bottom left of the article, "Note Pad pony is, she has some nerve!"

After a moment of me glaring at the newspaper, I heard Spike cough, "She?" I looked over at him, raising a eyebrow out of my anger.

"Yeah?"

"How do you know it's a she?"

"Well." I blinked. "Statistically speaking, most ponies tend to be of the female se-"

Spike smiles a little. "How do you know?"

I stared at him. "...Really?" I put the mug down. "You're gonna do this now? Right now?"

"Eeyup."

«♦»

I smiled. "Thank you Aj, I couldn't believe it this morning when Spike wouldn't stop crying about taking a month out of his summer to help you around the farm."

Applejack tipped her hat. "Well Ah should be thankin' you, Twilight. We can always use more hooves around the farm." She glanced down at the sleeping dragon. "But did you really have to bring him at midnight?"

"We may or may not have had an argument about the statistically dominant gender of the nation." I paused. "I was correct by the way."

Applejack have me a confused look, tilting her head slightly. "What in tarnation are you on about, Twi?"

I brought my hoof to the side of my forehead, "Just... work some apple magic on him. Whatever parenting method you use on Applebloom; she's a sweetie."

«♦»

“What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife.”

― Rodney Dangerfield

Comments ( 10 )

7483527
I don't have a clue what just happened, or why.

This confuses me. I.... huh? If there's a joke in here, I'm afraid I don't get it. I don't see any reasonable link between the discussion about mostly female ponies and then crying about taking a month on the farm, much less at midnight.

7483551 Twilight kidnapped Spike from his bed that night and gave him to Applejack. XD

7483558 She was in a mood. XD

I guessed they had a bet and Twilight won.

Login or register to comment