• Published 31st Jul 2016
  • 2,165 Views, 17 Comments

An Unfulfilled Past - Ctmaley



Sunset Shimmer has a creepy/weird nightmare and at first she doesn't think too much about it until she realizes it deals with her past before she came to the human world

  • ...
6
 17
 2,165

Chapter 6

When Sunset woke the next morning, the sun was shining right into her eyes and as she closed the curtains with her magic, Sunset noticed a red glow coming from her book. As Sunset opened it there was a message inside her book.

"Dear Sunset"
"Hey sis!, good morning I just wanted to wish you luck on your first day of being in Princess Celestia's School.
I hope everything goes well, I wouldn't want you to get into trouble, so say hi to the princess for me."
"Love, Ruby"

Sunset just smiled, not even half a day from being separated from Ruby, she was already sending her messages. Sunset thought about what to write back for a brief moment before writing.

"Dear Ruby."
"Good Morning to you to and thank you for wishing me good luck on my first day, that's really wonderful of you and I promise to try and not get into trouble
Tell both Jade and Ty I love them along with you of course."
"Love, Sunset"

"So was attending Princess Celestia's school fun?" asked Fluttershy as she nudged Sunset to get her attention, as she was starring off into space, Sunset looked over at Fluttershy surprised for a brief moment, as she almost forgot that she was telling her girlfriend about her past, Sunset had been reminiscing about her sisters and brother, but manly the good moments with Ruby.

"Oh i'm sorry, I kinda forgot for a moment there I had being telling you a story." said Sunset "So what did you ask me again?" she asked.

"I asked, was attending Princess Celestia's school fun?" Fluttershy repeated.

"Well it was alright, I did pick up learning basic spells quite quickly and handle them with ease, so the teachers then moved me up to learning about advanced spells. Which did give me a little trouble at first, but I managed them." said Sunset.

"That's nice." Fluttershy said smiling at her.

"Depends what you mean by nice." scoffed Sunset

"What do you mean?" asked Fluttershy.

Sunset sighed before answering as Celestia's school was the fall from grace for Sunset.

"Well I was in Celestia's school for four years, so when I turned fourteen that's when I jumped in that mirror and came to this world, however while I was in the school I started to develop my ego, since I was picking up learning spells pretty quickly, I began to think I knew a lot more than I actually did and started to show off a tiny bit. Plus I started to talk to Ruby less and less, which I knew hurt her........." Sunset paused for a moment trying to calm down as many sad memories were floating back to her. Fluttershy saw this and wrapped her arm around Sunset's.

"Why did you stop talking to Ruby?" Fluttershy asked.

"At first I was fine, but after the first year I began to struggle, I was becoming depressed because I couldn't see Ruby. I couldn't see her face or smile, I couldn't hear her laugh or her voice, and most importantly I couldn't hug her. I began to using my ego and being a show off to cover for this, basically using it as a mask to hide my pain. So nopony else would realize this and even know I could still use my book to talk to Ruby, it didn't help, it just reminded me that I couldn't be with her and I knew this had hurt her, which made me feel even worse." Sunset said on the edge of tears, then Fluttershy pulled her into a hug to relax her.

"Are you still alright? asked Fluttershy with concern in her voice.

"Yes but not being able to see Ruby wasn't the worst part about what happen during my time in the school." Sunset said nervously as Fluttershy broke the hug.

"Then what was the worst part?" asked Fluttershy curiously.

"Well when I said I kinda showing off a bit, well you see I meant a lot. Because at the end of my fourth and final year in Celestia's school, I was experimenting with a few advanced spells outside and then things kinda exploded and I accidentally set the school's roof on fire." Sunset said holding her hands over her face.

"You did what?" said Fluttershy shocked.

"Yes I set the school's roof on fire, which didn't end well for me, as I got yelled at by Celestia and then kicked out of her school by the other teachers." Sunset finished.

"What happened next?" Fluttershy asked.

The room went silence for a few moments as once again Sunset was holding back anger. "Celestia sent a letter to my parents telling them what happened and about two hours later my dad arrived at Canterlot and here's what happened." she said

Sunset was pacing around her room both nervous and scared, she couldn't believe that she set fire to the roof of the school, she had began dealing with feeling depressed over the fact that she couldn't be with Ruby and was using being a show off as a scapegoat, but could never imagine this would happen.

"Oh no no no no no no no no no no, how in all of Equestria could I ever do this, OH! I know how!, I had to show off yup that freaking did it." Sunset said to herself, but was stopped by a very loud knocking on the door.

"SUNSET SHIMMER OPEN THIS DOOR!!!!" said by a very angry Malachite, when Sunset opened she tried to quickly explain her actions but to no avail.

"Look dad i.." Sunset said before being cut off.

"What were you thinking!?, oh I know YOU WEREN'T THINKING, i've been told that you have been showing off because you've been able to pick up spells faster than others which has caused you to be stupid and do this horrible thing." Malachite continued yell

"I'm s-sorry da..."Sunset tried to speak before being cut off once more.

"Do you know what this has done to me?" Malchite asked.

"No I d-wait what do you mean what this has done to you?" Sunset responded.

"Well just like what happened four years ago, when you blasted those other two ponies into the wall, you have once again embarrassed this family and most importantly me once again! As other ponies well be mocking and laughing at us for bringing you!, an angered issued pony who goes out makes herself look extremely pathetic and foolish, into this family for what you have done." Malachite said which started to anger Sunset.

"Is that all you care about?, your stupid image, instead of your own children?, if anyone's pathetic it's you!,because you're a disgusting and sorry excuse for a father!" Sunset yelled back.

Then suddenly Malachite raised his hoof and slapped Sunset across the face knocking her onto the floor and as she looked up at him, Sunset's face was starting to swell and turn red like parts of her mane.

"YOU STUPID GIRL!, we have given you a family, a home, and you dare insult me!?. I mean look at you, you're weak, pathetic, we gave you everything and what did you do? you became useless!, if I hadn't lied to Princess Celestia in my letter about how you got your cutie mark, you would have NEVER! gotten this opportunity and this is how you repay me for that?, for everything?. Well it looks like I should have seen this coming, let's just hope Ruby can understand that you never loved her and once you got here you tossed her a side." said Malachite as he now had a smug look on his face.

"Be quiet! I love Ruby!" Sunset snapped.

"Oh really?, is that why you haven't been talking to her through your little books?, because that doesn't seem like love to me." taunted Malachite.

"Shut up!" Sunset said angrily.

"You know what that sounds like to me?, that sounds like Ruby was just a little innocent pony, who looked up to you and considered you her sister. While you were just pretending to love her for your own amusement and secretly thinking she was just nothing more than your tool." said Malachite continuing to taught Sunset, however he soon quickly regretted it.

"I SAID SHUT UPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!" Sunset screamed as she blasted Malachite with her magic into her bedroom wall, then Sunset picked Malachite up with her magic and threw him into the ceiling and then onto the floor, before finally blasting him a second time and sending Malachite threw her locked door.

As Malachite stood up, what he saw wasn't Sunset, what he saw was a monster ready to do more damage if he stayed any longer. When he was walking out of the castle Malachite ran into Princess Celestia who was just as angry as Sunset was.

"So this is your true colors?" asked Celestia trying to hold herself back.

"What does is matter?, she's your problem now." Malachite said smugly, but when he tried to leave he found himself stuck in mid-air.

"Sunset's right your a disgusting and pathetic excuse for not only a parent, but a stallion in general." said Celestia as she saw Malachite trying to move his hoof in a direction towards Celestia, "Don't you dare try that towards me, because if you do I might make you disappear." she finished

"Is that a threat?" asked Malachite

"No it's a promise!" Celestia responded before letting Malachite go "Now get out of my Castle!".

"I can't believe your father hit you." Fluttershy said in shock.

"Me neither, just when I thought I found a home, it suddenly came all crashing down." Sunset said.

"What did you do next?" asked Fluttershy.

There was another long pause of silence, before Sunset sighed
"I was full of sadness because I missed Ruby, Jade and Ty and I was full of hate because of what my father did and said to me. The more I thought about all of it, the more it consumed me to the point, where I started asking Celestia to help me get power." said Sunset

"What did you want power for?" asked Fluttershy.

"I wanted to use it to get revenge on my father, but Celestia denied me of it and one night I was really frustrated with everything and I just wanted to get away from everything so I pack a few things and told Celestia. She tried to help me, however I ran from her and while I was running I saw that room with the crystal mirror inside of it glowing. So I ran up to it and touched my hoof to the mirror, but I saw my hoof going into it and Celestia tried to stop me, but I just didn't listen and then I jumped into mirror arriving to this world........" Sunset stopped "I was confused on what this world was and what I had become, I started looking around and after a few hours it became morning and when I tried going back through the portal, it had closed. So adding confusion and being scared to my already sadness and anger. All the emotions just mixed together into my head and I became the colossal monster that I was in freshman year to the fall formal when you and the others brought me back to the person/pony that I was before all of this started."Sunset answered.

Fluttershy got up and faced Sunset, she then pulled her into a deep-passionate kiss which lasted about a few seconds and as Fluttershy broke the kiss she smiled and said "I love you Sunset with all my heart and I will never hurt you in anyway." then she hugged the flame-haired girl.

"I love you too Fluttershy." Sunset said.

"We are going to spend the rest of day by going out to lunch and doing whatever you want to do, so go get dressed." Fluttershy said as she pulled Sunset up from the couch.

"Alright i'm going." Sunset responded.

When Sunset got to her room and started picking out her clothes, she saw that her book was glowing. She rolled her eyes thinking it was a message from Princess Twilight, but when Sunset opened the book her face lit up with a big smile as the message wasn't from Princess Twilight it was from Ruby.

"Dear, Sunset"
"Hey sis! it's been a while hasn't it?, well about 11 years to be exact, but I'am writing to you because I really miss you a lot and I have been wondering what I would tell you if I did talk to you, so what's been going with us?, well a lot. Ty found a love for cooking and has gotten a emerald colored cooking pot for his cutie mark and has his own restaurant in Baltimare. Jade discovered a love of writing and as written a couple of books, she also has jade stone colored quill and paper for her cutie mark and she also owns a book store in Baltimare. Well I have been helping out at the city orphanage making sure the little fillies get all love and care they can, before they get new homes and my cutie mark is kind of Interesting, it's a ruby in the shape of a sun, I don't know what it means either, but every time I look at it, I remember all the nice and sweet moments we had together. So once again I love you sis."
"Love, Ruby"

Sunset read the message over a few times with tears of happiness, as for the first time in years she was talking to Ruby

"Dear, Ruby"
"I have missed you a whole as well and i'am very sorry when i stopped writing to you while I was Celestia's student. I know that must have hurt you a lot and I felt so miserable and I thought I would never hear from you again. Things have been good for me, I have been in a relationship with a wonderful girl who I love very much, but don't worry. You, Jade and Ty still have a special place in my heart and always will, so I love you too and hopefully we can talk again soon.
"Love, Sunset"

As Sunset was about to close the book, suddenly a picture of herself, Ruby, Jade, and Ty appeared with the words "Forever and Always" written underneath, Sunset smiled once more before getting dressed and heading out with her wonderful girlfriend for a day of fun.

Author's Note:

Well what do you think of that ending?, a lot of stuff happened, however I hope you guys enjoyed this as it was really fun to write and have an nice day

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by Ctmaley deleted Nov 14th, 2016
Login or register to comment