• Published 31st Jul 2016
  • 2,165 Views, 17 Comments

An Unfulfilled Past - Ctmaley



Sunset Shimmer has a creepy/weird nightmare and at first she doesn't think too much about it until she realizes it deals with her past before she came to the human world

  • ...
6
 17
 2,165

The Journey into the Past

Sunset woke up with the sun shining brightly through out her room "Fluttershy can you close the curtains so it's not so bright in here?" but when she opened her eyes slightly, she noticed that Fluttershy had already woken up and left the room. She got out of bed and walked down stairs to get some breakfast were she saw Fluttershy already making tea.

"Afternoon you slept longer than I thought" Fluttershy said

"Afternoon?" Sunset said puzzled before looking up at the clock and seeing it read 12:15 pm.

"Yes, I wanted to let you sleep in after the nightmare you had last night, but I didn't think you would sleep this late, even with that cute little snore of yours" Fluttershy answered.

Sunset rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times trying to wake herself, as she walked over to Fluttershy and wrapped her arms around the pink haired girl, placing her head on Fluttershy's shoulder

"Thank you for staying with me last night and making sure I was alright even with my cute little snore and all" Sunset said smiling at her making her blush a little

"Your very welcome I would do anything to make sure you're alright." Fluttershy said looking back at Sunset.

"So where's your parents and Zephyr?" Sunset asked.

As ever since the incident at the fall formal 5 years ago, Fluttershy had asked her parents to let Sunset move in with them, at first it was to keep a eye on her and make sure that she didn't get into any more trouble. Fluttershy had also gotten Sunset a job at the animal shelter to teach her how to help and be kind to others, but the more their friendship grew it soon turned into something more, which was fine with Fluttershy's parents, they only asked the two girls not to be too affectionate around them.

"My parents went shopping about a half an hour ago and Zephyr went with them" Fluttershy responded as a grin appeared on Sunset's face

"That means the house is ours until the come back" Sunset said

Fluttershy just smiled and rolled her eyes at her "Actually I had something else in mind, so could you please let me go?"

Sunset turned Fluttershy around so they could face one another and her grin changed into a smirk "Why?" she asked trying to play innocent.

"I want to go sit down in the living room and drink my tea so please let me go" Fluttershy responded

"Alright! I see what you want, but I do have a price" Sunset said as she leaned in and kissed Fluttershy on the lips before unwrapping herself, grabbing her tea and headed into the living room with Fluttershy following.

The two girls sat down on the couch each taking a drink of tea "What else I had in mind was talking about the nightmare you had last night" Fluttershy said making Sunset curious

"Well what exactly about it do you want to talk about?" Sunset asked

"Why did you have it? ..I mean can you think of any possible reason?" Fluttershy asked moving closer to her

Sunset took another drink of tea before answering "The only reason I can think of, is that I fear about losing control and becoming a monster again, like how I was when I first arrived in this world. Also destroying all of the bonds and friendships I've formed and hurting the ones I care about, our friends and most importantly you."

Fluttershy held Sunset's hand with her own and gave the flamed hair girl a comforting smile "I will never let what happened to you before happen again I promise!"

"There's something else I realized about it and that's what the Shadow said to me" said Sunset

"Which is?" Fluttershy asked

"The Shadow in the nightmare said to me that I was weak, pathetic, we gave you everything and now your useless" Sunset finished

"It probably was your fear messing with you" Fluttershy said

To which Sunset sighed "No it's not, that is what my father said to me before I jumped into the mirror all of those years ago, I guess I still have some negative feelings towards my father and possibly my mother as well and I guess those feelings combined with my fear is most likely what made the nightmare happen."

"I think the best thing to do is talk about your past and try to part ways with those negative feelings so you can move on." said Fluttershy putting her head on Sunset's shoulder to which she took a deep breath and began her story

" Alright here we go" Sunset began "I grew up in the Baltimare City Orphanage to which as you would guess is in Baltimare City and I lived there from when I was a baby until I was 10 years old and that's when I got adopted. The Orphanage was very nice looking there was a lot room inside, it had a big front and back yard for the little fillies to run around and play. The orphanage was run by an elderly pony couple that made sure the all of the little fillies were treated equally and loved. However I wasn’t able to make friends with the other fillies, as I had nothing in common with them, but it was still very nice there. I could never explain why I didn’t have a close friendship with any of the other fillies in the orphanage, I just was never able to form a bond with them."

Sunset look at Fluttershy then continued "I didn't care if I wasn’t friends with the other fillies I was perfectly fine, even know I didn’t form any friendships or bonds with any pony, the others that were there did keep me company. Then one day the orphanage was visited by two ponies, a grey stallion with an emerald cutie mark, with green eyes, a white and silver mane and tail, There was also a ruby colored pegasus mare with a rose cutie mark, with red eyes and a black mane and tail."

One of the elderly ponies greeted them "Hello" he said "what brings you to our lovely orphanage?"

The Stallion spoke "My name is Malachite Colress and this is my wife Rose Colress and as you could guess, we are he to adopt a little one into our ever growing family" he finished

"Oh Is that so?" asked the Elderly Pony.

"Yes" said Rose "you are correct"

The Elderly Pony started again "LITTLE ONES! a nice couple is here to see you all, so would you all come here", the little ponies were very excited the possibility of getting adopted and being having made all of them overjoy with happiness.

Sunset couldn't contain herself "I could possibly get a new home and family, but sighed to herself and thought "I can't get my hopes up to high" as she ran into the living room where every pony else was.

The Colresses were looking at all of the other ponies and didn't like any them, "They just feel blah to my dear" Rose whispered to her husband

"Yes" Malachite said "I agree I just see nothing special here I just don't see any potential" he whispered back to his wife.

Malachite cleared his throat "Now I’m not trying to be rude good sir, but is this all of the little ones? I just want to make sure, we wouldn't want to miss out on seeing any pony isn't right my dear."

"Yes you're right darling it would be a shame if we leave any pony out" Rose responded.

The elderly pony looked down at the little ones "well now let me see here" he looked at all of the little ponies in front of him and saw one that wasn't there "Oh there is one, that’s not here. Sunset! come here please." he said as Sunset rushed into the living room, almost crashing into the others, the Colresses looked over her

"OH honey, I love the look of her mane and tail" Rose whispered to her husband.

"Hmm" Malachite looking at down at Sunset, to which the little yellow pony got very nervous, as she was hoped that they going to adopted her into their family.

Malachite bent down to Sunset with a smile "What is your name little one?"

"Um Sunset............S-Sunset S-Shimmer mister" she replied very nervously

"Aww look how adorable she is dear, she’s very respectful, polite and has good manners" Rose said excitedly.

Sunset blushed, almost her entire face had turn red, she had never been complemented like that before, she was becoming very excited one the inside trying not to let it show on the outside. as she thought to herself "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, they’re going to pick me! they’re going to pick me! they’re going to pick me!"

Malachite turned to the elder pony "I think we have made our decision now."

"Oh which one have you chosen then?" asked the elder pony.

"We have chosen to adopt little Sunset Shimmer here." said Rose

Sunset was over the moon "Yes, "Yes, "Yes, I’m getting a family" she said excitedly.

Rose and Malachite looked back at each other, then Rose spoke to Sunset "Yes you are coming to live with us". she then left Sunset alone and joined her husband who went with the elderly pony to sign the adoption papers.

Sunset stood there thinking about what was happening "You're getting a family here, you're getting a new life, I’m getting parents, a new start, a fresh start" smiling to herself.

"Well if that's everything taken care of then we best be off dears" Rose said to Malachite and Sunset, as Sunset looked back at the orphanage with one last smile before she headed off to her new home.

On the way to the Colresses home and now her's, Sunset was quiet she was trying to control the excitement inside herself about what had happened, and was thrilled to be with a family.

"Welcome to your new home dear, I hope you're excited to meet three special others" said Rose to her new daughter as she a put her hoof on Sunset's face which made the little one's face light up with a smile. Sunset looked up an saw a big white house, with a red roof, that looked like it had 3 floors and she then looked back at Rose.

"Yes miss.... umm sorry I meant mother and yes I am very excited to be a part of the family" said Sunset embarrassed that she accidentally called her new mother miss instead of mother as even know she just got adopted, Sunset wanted to be to call her new mom by the right title.

"Oh its alright sweetie I’m just happy you called me mother." replied Rose.

Malachite then cleared throat his getting their attention "Well then are we ready to go inside now?" he asked

"Yes darling we are." replied Rose to her husband.

When the three walked into the house Malachite called out to the others that Rose mentioned earlier " Jade! Ruby!, Tyrolite! come here, me and your mother have a surprise for the three of you" he said.

"What is it father?" said a ruby-colored earth pony with red eyes, a black and white mane and tail, who also was two years younger and smaller than Sunset, as she walked into room where Sunset, Malachite and Rose were sitting, the pony's eyes widened and looked up at her father.

"Ruby meet your new sister Sunset Shimmer." Malachite said to her, Ruby then looked at Sunset. At first there was the silence, then Ruby ran over to Sunset and gave her a hug.

"Umm.........hello nice to meet you Ruby." said Sunset surprised to her new sister.

"Hi Sunset welcome , I guess home" smiled Ruby.

Sunset smiled back at her new sister, just then two more ponies walked in the room a boy and a girl, they were also both Pegasi just like their mother, the girl was a dark purple-colored pony with blue eyes, dark purple wings, with a silver mane and tail who was also the same age and size as Sunset. The boy looked like his father a grey pony, with green eyes, a white mane and tail, with the only difference being he had grey wings, who was also three years older than Sunset and was bigger than her.

"Who's she?" asked the grey pony.

"She's our new sister." said Ruby breaking the hug she had placed on Sunset.

"Wait! new sister?, so that's the special surprise you guys were talking about" said the dark purple pony.

"Well this is the surprise Jade, your new sister and her name is Sunset Shimmer." replied Rose to her daughter.

"Sunset huh? well you don't look like much." questioned Jade to Sunset.

"Tyrolite would you like to say hello?" asked Rose as her son was looking curiously at Sunset, she felt nervous wondering what he was going to say, was he going to be like Jade and give her attitude as well? or was he going to be like Ruby and welcome her into the family with a hug?.

"First of all mom, I do prefer being called by my nickname Ty, but since your my mom I wont push the issue and second she seems alright." Ty finished.

"Thanks?" said Sunset with a little confusion in her voice.

"Yeah can we go now?" Jade said annoyed, losing her patience.

"Yes you all can leave, but I would like one of you to take Sunset upstairs to the guest room, which is now her room." said Malachite.

"Well Jade and Ruby can handle that bye" Ty said rushing away, as Jade and Ruby took Sunset to her room, Ruby tried to break the silence and see what Sunset thinking about.

"So what's going through your mind right now?" Ruby asked

"I have know idea, just this morning I was in an orphanage and within a few hours I now have parents, sisters and a brother so a lot of things" Sunset replied still trying to figure out how life could change this quickly.

"Well here's the room I hope it suits you." Jade said opening the door then leaving to her own room

"This room looks nice" said Sunset as she and Ruby entered a room with blue walls, blue carpet, with red pillows and a red blanket that had yellow stars on the bed.

"It does seem to fit you." said Ruby smiling at her.

"So can ask you a question?" Sunset asked Ruby who nodded "What is with Jade's attitude?, I understand that none of you knew what our parents now were doing, adopting another child into the family but she seemed to defensive about it."

Ruby sighed sitting up on bed with Sunset joining "How can I say this?, Jade believes that she's daddy's little girl and is worried you'll take that from her, she even acted like that towards me when I was born." Ruby then laughed which made Sunset feel a little better.

"So I have nothing to worry about?" Sunset asked.

"Nope!, Jade will get used to you, heck she's still getting used to me, however you have one sister that likes you." Ruby said nudging Sunset making her laugh.

"I am surprised though, that you almost instantly hugged when you saw me." Sunset said.

"Well you see since Jade has that daddy's little girl mentality the two of us never really had a big sister-little sister friendship so when I saw you, I thought we could try to have that." Ruby said giving Sunset another hug.

Downstairs Rose and Malachite were talking about if Sunset would do be able to accomplish great things with the family.
"Sunset seems to gotten along with Ruby" said Rose excitedly.

"Yes I agree, however plus since she's a unicorn that means young Sunset could become very talented in magic and become one of Princess Celestia's prize pupils and might even become a future Princess herself imagine it, Princess Sunset Shimmer to show how great our family could be and even further our great family's name" replied Malachite.

"I hope Jade tries to get to know Sunset, but that seems unlikely as she walks around here like she runs the place, we just need her to drop that ridiculous attitude so she will at least try to get to know Sunset." said Rose getting out some wine.

"Yes that's the one thing that annoys me about Jade remember how long it took for her to even try to talk to Ruby?, well first thing we need is to get all our children on the same page, because if we don't then we'll keep getting disrespected by the other top families in Equestria for not having a stable and balanced family!" Malachite said angrily.

"I understand your feelings, however our children to come first." Rose replied as the two toasted their wine.

Author's Note:

So what does everyone think of Sunset's Family?, what do you think will happen?