• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 3,230 Views, 51 Comments

Luna goes to School - Timmy Turner



After being away from equestria for a millennium, Luna returns to school to discover what she missed

  • ...
3
 51
 3,230

Chapter 5

Spike woke up earlier than the rest of the ponies, like he usually did. He didn’t become the number one assistant by sleeping on the job after all! However, today was no usual day. No, today was the day he was going to become and Internet sensation! All he had to do was finish up his morning chores and he would be on his way!

Spike started off by doing what he always did, making Twilight her favorite breakfast, Eggs and waffles. Not knowing exactly what Luna liked, Spike decided just to make two servings. For himself, he snacked down on a couple of gemstones and was set. The taste of the gems was a thing of beauty, as with every bite, a tingling sensation arose.

After preparing breakfast, Spike got to work setting up Twilight’s supplies for the day by organizing her books, ink, pens, et cetera, et cetera. However, there was one thing that Spike did every morning that NOBODY knew about. Every morning after finishing up his chores, Spike made himself… Bacon!

He knew it was wrong, and that if any of his friends caught him, he would be screwed, but it was just SOOO Good. Besides, he was a dragon, and although gems were very good, it wasn’t something you could just eat ALL the time. Besides, how could he resist the savory juices, the rich taste, the tempting smell, the smell off perfection, the…

“Good Morning, Spike,” Twilight said, getting out of bed.

In a quick panic, Spike shoved the remainder of the bacon down his throat. There was no way anypony could find out.

“Uh, Good Morning Twilight, you’re up earlier than usual.” Spike replied, still picking pieces of bacon out of his teeth.

“Well Today is a busy Day! Besides, with the princess as your house guess, you always have to be prepared! Spike would you please make a list?”

Spike quickly grabbed a pen and paper in nearly no time at all and began.

“First, Create Checklist.” Twilight Started.

Spike began to groan at this, but a quick look from Twilight stopped him.

“Second, Take Luna to school. Third, Pick up supplies from the store. Fourth…”

After several minutes, Twilight finally said, “Forty-Seventh, finish creating checklist. There we go, that should do it. Spike, can you please repeat the checklist for me.”

Spike collapsed in exhaustion.

As Spike was about to repeat the entire list over again, they both heard Luna waking up from her sleep.

“Thank Celestia!” Spike thought, happy that he would not have to repeat the list after all.

“Good Morning Luna,” Twilight greeted. “You are just in time for breakfast!”

“Wha- oh, ok. Thank you.” Luna muttered, still half asleep.

It had become apparent to Spike that the change from sleeping during the day to the night had begun to take a toll on the princess.

“By the way Spike,” Twilight began. “I’ve been wondering, what is that incredible smell in the room. I don’t think I’ve smelt that before.”

Spike thought for a second before answering,” Oh, uh, it’s a new recipe for eggs.”

“Hmm,” Twilight said. “It doesn’t taste any different.”

Twilight gave Spike a stare of doubt, as Spike attempted to give his best poker face. Which involved him giving Twilight a creepy forced smile.

As beads of sweat began to form around Spike, he turned to Luna and said, “Are you excited for your party tonight Luna.”

“Mmmm…. yeah, sure.” Luna muttered, still half asleep.

Twilight looked at the clock and exclaimed, “Luna, we better hurry! You don’t want to be late for your second day at school do you?”

Spike gave a sigh of relief that the two were leaving soon, so that he could go about with his plans. As the two quickly got prepared, and Luna finally started to wake up a little more, Spike became more and more anxious to begin.

As Twilight and Luna walked out the door, Twilight remembered something and said, “Oh Spike, while your out can you do a few chores for me. The list is on the table.”

Spike looked to the table and saw a small piece of paper. Well it’s not too much, so I could get it done quickly and be on my way.

“Sure thing Twilight, I’ll get that done right away.”

Spike walked over to the table to grab the small piece of paper. When Spike lifted it up, the piece of paper unfolded and stretched out to the closet. Spike looked up to protest to Twilight, but she was already gone. It looked like being an Internet sensation was going to have to wait.

-~-~-

Luna followed closely behind Twilight, with every step more tiring than the last. I really need to start getting better sleep at night, because I can’t keep functioning like this.

Luna found herself starting to doze off a little, when she saw a rainbow object hurtling out of the sky at incredible speeds. And zooming straight at her.

“Watch out!!” the rainbow Pegasus yelled out.

Luna, now fully awake from adrenaline, dived out of the way just in time to avoid the collision. ??Twilight sparkle wasn’t so lucky. With a loud Thud the two ponies collided. Almost immediately, the rainbow one emerged incredibly with not a single bruise or scuff. Twilight on the other hand still laid in the dirt, with bruises and dust covering her body.

“Sorry about that Twilight. I was practicing a new trick for the Wonderbolts, that I call “Pegasus Power Plummet.” I guess I didn’t come out of it in time.”

“You don’t say,” Twilight replied with an unimpressed look on her face.

Disregarding what Twilight had just said, the Pegasus turned to see the dark alicorn giggling at the affair.

“Who’s this?” the Pegasus asked.

Twilight stood up, dusting herself off. “This is Moonshine. She’s my niece from canterlot.”

The Pegasus walked to the filly and greeted her saying, “Nice to meet you, Moonshine. Cool name by the way. I’m Rainbow Dash, the coolest and fastest pony in Equestria. Speaking of Moonshine, I have a great story to tell you about this time where Twilight...”

“EHEM!” Twilight interrupted. “That’s personal!”

“Ok, ok.” Rainbow Dash said, but not before leaning in closely to Luna and whispering, “Later.”

Rainbow Dash examined Luna for a second before saying, “You know, I’ve only met three alicorns in my life. And from what I know, those are the only three in Equestria...”

Luna thought for a second before replying, “Well, I have been all over Equestria, and I have never seen a Rainbow pony either.”

Rainbow Dash eyed Luna suspiciously before saying, “Touché squirt. Touché.” The Rainbow Pegasus looked to her wrist to see a fake watch that was drawn with pencil. “Well look at the time. I need to go do some...Weather stuff...that isn’t me taking a nap on a cloud...” After a short awkward pause, Rainbow Dash yelled, “Bye!” leaving a rainbow trail behind her.

Twilight, still bruised from the collision, said, “That pony will be the death of me..”

Luna couldn’t help but let off a little laugh. So far this day is turning out pretty good!

When the two finally reached the schoolhouse, they were approached once again by the CMC’s.

“Hiya Moonshine,” Applebloom said. “Ready for our picnic after school.”

“Of Course!” Moonshine replied.

As Scootaloo opened her mouth to say something, she was cut off by the school bell. The four walked in and quickly took their seats.

“Goodmorning class.” Ms. Cherilee said.

“Goodmoring, Miss Cherilee.” replied a unison of fillies.

“Today class, you will give me your presentations on the foundation of Equestria.”

All happiness left Luna, as she realized that she forgot to do her homework.

-~-~-

Spike fell to the floor in exhaustion as he crossed off the last item on the checklist.

“Finally! Now I can do my...”

Spike was cut off by Twilight entering through the library door.

“Oh good,” Twilight said. “You’re done Spike. Now you can come help me with my schedule.”

“But..”

“We need to go to the store, pick up some supplies...”

“But I...”
“..Write a letter to the Princess, pick up cupcakes for my friends, help Rarity with a dress...”

“But Twilight I....”

“Pick up Owlicous from Fluttershys cottage, and pick up Luna from school.”

Spike opened his mouth to protest, but realized it wouldn’t do anything. Grudgingly he followed Twilight out the door to help her.

-~-~-

“And that is how Equestria was made.”

The Class clapped as Silver Spoon finished her presentation. Everyone except Luna.

How can they leave me completely out of the foundation of Equestria? I played a major role! When I get back to Canterlot….

“For our next presentation,” Ms. Cherilee started. “we have Moonshine.”

A small bead of sweat formed on the brow of the little alicorn, as she rose our of her seat.

How hard can this be, I mean I was there when it happened. Besides, it’s about time these ponies were educated on what really happened. Luna thought to herself.

Reaching the front of the class she began;

“Before the two princesses came into power, the world was consumed in darkness. Anywhere everypony went, Discord made life for the ponies awful. Two alicorns, Celestia and Luna, set off on a journey to find the Elements of Harmony. Luna, the braver of the two, was the leader of this voyage, since her sister was not much of a leader at the time. In fact, Luna had to convince Celestia to even go on this adventure in the first place! They journeyed through the Everfree forest to the ruins of an ancient Civilization known as the Reign of Shadows. Luna was able to fight off all the evil creatures of the forest! As they trotted into the kingdom, they were confronted by none other than Discord himself! It was only through the bravery of Luna to distract Discord that they were able to defeat the evil Discord! From that point on the two sisters became rulers of Equestria! And that is how Equestria was made!”

Finishing in a triumphant pose, Luna looked to the class, expecting thunderous applause for her fantastic performance.

Instead, she got silence and a few giggles.

Comments ( 9 )

I apologize for the long wait on this new chapter. I had written it about a week ago, but managed to delete the whole thing somehow...:ajbemused: after that i couldnt get back in the writing mode. Thanks for your understanding.

I like how Rainbow Dash just bought the story about Luna being Twilight's niece. Like Shining Armor and Cadence could have made a foal, gone through pregnancy, had the foal, and have her be school age already.

Guess they don't belive her.

This is one GOOD story! MOAR!!!

927027 that happened 7 TIMES, i counted too... it sucks balls

927027
It's cool man, it happens to me too.

927027
i love this story but im waiting fot the next chapter good luck dude
-kon:pinkiehappy:

A pair of mistyped words here and there, but other than that it's a really nice story :twilightsmile:

And I totally despise Celestia for leaving her sister out of hystory books :flutterrage:

2125416 she didn't leave her out. After the nightmare moon thing happened, Tia had her guards remove any mention of Luna from history books, for safety reasons, and let people think what they did.

Login or register to comment