• Published 23rd May 2016
  • 2,149 Views, 38 Comments

Fallout Equestria: The Light Within - FireOfTheNorth



When Doc awakens in Stable 85 he has no memories. Soon he is thrust into the North Equestrian Wasteland, where danger waits to devour him at every turn. Can he find a path of light through the darkness, even when he learns the truth of his past?

  • ...
7
 38
 2,149

PreviousChapters
Epilogue

Epilogue: Sixty Years Later

Natural light returned, and the stallion removed the headset. He felt famished, but first he wanted to remove the form-fitting suit he’d had to wear in order to experience the simulation. The technicians around the pod didn’t stop him from leaving unescorted and returning to his quarters to shower, change, and fix himself a meal. When he left his allocated room, Able Scales was waiting for him.

“Well?” the mare asked, falling in step beside the stallion as he trotted down the corridor of the SAS facility.

“Well?” the stallion asked.

“What did you think, Vice President Tinder?” Able Scales pressed him.

“I think he could have found a better way to relay his story,” Tinder said as he massaged his sore neck, “But, I see why you care about this place.”

Tinder glanced at the vault that had once held power armor and weapons as he passed. There were now different “relics” contained within, including a badly battered doctor’s coat in yellow with the insignia of the Ministry of Peace draped over a ponequin that was missing an ear. He’d already visited the museum during the days he’d been here, spending several hours a day going through the life of the pony north Equestrians always referred to only as the Wasteland Doctor.

As Tinder stepped out of the facility, he was pleased to see that sky-chariots were ready to transport him and his staff back to the capital. Apparently, the technicians in the simulation room had relayed the orders before he’d even finished. He was proud to see the flag of the New Canterlot Republic flying over that of the North Equestrian Union from the flagpole in front of the building and turned back to admire it. Like most of Equestria, the alliance that had been formed long ago was now a state within the Republic. They’d kept much of their existing organizational structure (Able Scales was the Burnside representative on the Union Council), but they were undoubtedly a part of the NCR. When the New Canterlot Republic was first being formed, it surprised the original founders to see a new government already set up in the north, but they’d managed well enough at incorporating them into the new Equestrian nation.

“Don’t let the light die out,” Tinder read aloud the words chiseled into the SAS building’s front above the door, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It refers to the light of civilization against the darkness of raiders, slavers, and others who seek to destroy instead of build. Also, it is the light within us all. We all have the opportunity to do good, so long as we don’t allow that light to be snuffed out. Don’t you think so, Mister Vice President?” Able Scales said, and Tinder hmphed, “It was the last thing that the Wasteland Doctor said to the first Alliance Council. It stuck with them, and eventually opinions of the Wasteland Doctor changed. It’s just a shame that he was long gone by the time he was considered a hero again. But his wish was fulfilled. We are dedicated to ensuring that he is not forgotten. Hopefully, that is enough.”

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 3 )

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

Why didn't you respond to my comment?

10967396
I don't really have an answer for you. I don't think I could accurately express the voices that have so far been entirely in my head and most of which I haven't really thought about in the past 2.5 years

Login or register to comment