• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,465 Views, 5 Comments

My Little Pony Fanfic: The Power of Fusions (Part 1) - GrayDiamond



The mane six are faced with a new evil threat and a new spell that will change Equestria forever.

  • ...
3
 5
 2,465

Chapter Final: Xero's Defeat

Flare flew past the city of ponyville, testing out her new fused wings. Using her knowledge of Ponyville, she followed the road leading to Sweet Apple Acres and noticed Xero chasing Discord. Discord seemed to be dodging Xero by teleporting out of Xero's reach. Discord then happened to teleport right next to Flare.
"Oh and who might you be?" Discord wondered rubbing his finger underneath flare's chin. He saw her cutie mark, noticing the pink butterfly and snapped his hands away.

"Fluttershy?!" He exclaimed in confusion.

"My name is Flare." Flare answered looking at Discord, weirded out.

"Whats wrong Discord? The real you could defeat me easily!" Xero yells charging at Discord. Discord turns around and looks at Xero with a worried expression. Then Discord puts his hands together in a begging motion facing Flare.

"Please, I beg of you! Make Xero come to his Senses!" Discord pleaded. "I've tried all of your tactics to friendship, but they are not working."

"I will try my best," Flare agreed. Discord nodded and wished Flare good luck and teleported away.
Flare was now alone with Xero, who was still looking for Discord. He was flying to and fro from every single tree. Flare decided she needed to confront Xero. She shouted at the top of her lungs, "Xero! The one you are facing is right here!"

Xero heard Flare's shout and sped over to her.

"Well look at you, you sure are pretty." Xero flirted. "You don't look like a pony I have seen before." Xero began to put his hoof around Flare, but flare hit it away from her.

"Get away from me! You don't know what i can do! I will defeat you!" Flare stuttered. She was scared she did not know what Xero would do to her.

"Defeat me? Come on, i beat your god and the mane 6. There's nothing you can do to me. I am god now." Xero grinned.

"No." Flare whispered. Flare felt a spark of courage ignite inside her.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Xero taunted.

"You will never be our God, nor will you ever be anything after what you've done!" Flare gritted her teeth. Her spark became a raging fire of hatred.

Twilight, i sure hope your fusion thing was a good idea, Flare thought. "I heard you like punching in the face"

"Why yes i do, but why would i punch you?" Xero questioned.

"Because of this," Flare bunched up her hoof and smacked Xero in the face with all of her might. The hit didn't seem to do anything, less than scratch Xero in the face.

"You call that a hit?" Xero taunted. "This is a hit."
Flare prepared herself by putting up a magic shield, but Xero managed to shatter the shield, punching flare in the chest. Flare reeled back from the impact, clutching her chest as she fell through the numerous apple trees in Sweet Apple Acres. After a minute, Flare flew back into the sky towards Xero. Xero was dumbfounded. "How did you survive a hit like that?!" Xero exclaimed, confused. "You shouid be dead!"

Flare didn't say a word, she only flew closer to Xero. "What are you?" Xero became frightened, he had never faced anything that could survive his punches.

"My name is Flare, I am the fusion of Fluttershy and Rarity." Flare stated sternly still moving closer to Xero.

"Well how about that, i'm a fusion too. So its fusion vs. fusion, huh?" Xero mocked.
Physical attacks won't work on him, Flare thought. I'll have to try some magic.

Flare gathered her powers into her horn, causing it to glow bright pink. A bright pink spear made of magic energy appeared in Flare's hooves. The spear felt solid enough to be used as a weapon. Suddenly, a burst of adrenaline hit Flare and she charged foreword, pointing the spear at Xero. Flare made an array of stab attacks with the spear, which Xero easily dodged by sidestepping at blinding speed. After making one last stab charge, Xero grabbed the spear away from Flare and snapped it in half. The spear desintegrated in pink energy floating to the ground.

Xero quickly flew towards Flare with a hoof ready to punch. Flare used her horn again to quickly make a giant magic pink shield appear on her hoof. She got behind the shield ready for Xero's punch. Xero saw the pink shield and felt confident he could break it. He stored up all his energy and blasted his hoof onto the shield with intense force, But the shield did not break. Instead, the shield rebounded against Xero, creating a shockwave that blew Xero back with the same amount of force Xero hit the shield with. To Flare's suprise, the shield held. This shield could also make a decent weapon, flare thought.

Flare flew into the air towards Xero with incredible speed. Xero was still being reeled back from the shockwave caused by the shield. Once Flare caught up with Xero, she removed the shield from her hoof and held it above her head. Flare then slammed the round side of the shield onto Xero's head. The Impact made a loud "CLANG!" Which caused Xero's ascent to stop. The shield desintegrated on top of Xero's head as he remained in the air, dazed. Flare felt this as a good opportunity to finish him off. Flare encased her hoof in a pink aura using her horn magic and charged at Xero, decking him in the face. This proved to be very effective because Xero was sent straight to the ground in no less than a second. Flare flew to Xero's unconscious twitching body. She landed next to his body and wondered why it felt too easy. Flare was just ready to phase into Xero's head until his eyes shot open and he rushed to his hoofs.

"I'm not going down that easily!" Xero declared.
Flare made her shield and spear appear using her magic. "You haven't seen my ultimate power!" Xero laughed at Flare. "Witness the full power of a fusion!"

First, Xero stood on his hind legs and put his hooves together. The air around Xero grew dense causing dust and small rocks to float and circle around him. Xero's bone structure shifted from being pony like to being human like. In addition, his bald head began to sprout multiple hairs that grew rapidly. The mane seemed to extend down to his tail. His hair color was the same as his body, white on left and black on right. His hair seemed to spread out around his head like a porcupine because of the density. Xero then put his hooves on his sides as he was standing upright, his hair dropping from their suspended position and hanged from Xeros's scalp. His eye color also changed to a dark red which were looking directly at Flare with intensity. He had an emotionless expression on his face. "You're the first to see me like this." Xero stated. "But you will be the last." Xero's voice seemed to change, it wasn't demonic anymore. Instead, it sounded more clearer and like one pony talking rather than two talking at the same time. Xero's hair waved in the wind.

Xero moved so fast it looked like he teleported. He appeared right in front of Flare and slightly tapped her shield with his hoof. His hoof went right through the shield like it was nothing.

This is hopeless, Flare thought, he's more powerful and I can't fight him. My magic is useless and I have no physical strength. Flare made her spear disappear and bowed to Xero. This was the last thing Flare would ever want to do, but she knew she had no choice.
"Don't give up Flare!" A voice shouted from far away. The voice had a childish Texan accent. Flare knew there was only one pony with that voice: Applebloom! Flare saw that Applebloom and many other ponies were standing on the hillside at the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres cheering for Flare. It looked like everyone in ponyville was there. Everyone was there, the Wonderbolts, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and even Luna.

"Luna told us everything and we have come to help! So don't give up!" Applebloom yelled at Flare. "I'm sure you can solve this with friendship!" Xero turned to look at the ponies that appeared on the hill.

"Friendship?" Xero contemplated, "Do you really think you can beat me with friendship?" With incredible speed he placed his hoof on Flare's horn and ripped the horn off. A hole took the place of Flare's horn. The horn dissipated as it fell to the ground. Flare watched in shock as her magical powers left her. Flare made a horrible painful scream. "Now you have nothing!" Xero snarled.

All the ponies gasped in surprise at the act Xero just made. All of them began to charge at Xero stampeding Sweet Apple Acres. All except Luna, who was trying to stop them. Xero put his white hoof in front of the angry pony mob and created a massive explosion in the direction of the stampede. Luckily, no pony got hurt, no thanks to Luna, who had teleported everypony out from the blasts reach. The blast had traveled all the way down and even hit Canterlot castle.

"Stay where you are! I'm going to talk to him!" Luna's voice boomed as she yelled to the ponies. Luna walked up to Xero. "Please, we are at your mercy. What are your demands?" Xero then proceeded to hit Luna sending her tumbling to the ground.

"That's all I've ever wanted. To see you suffer," Xero laughed. Flare went deep inside her inner consciousness. Inside were two ponies: Fluttershy and Rarity. All she needed was to find something that connected both of them. She knew friendship was the only solution. Flare's eyes opened in an intense rage. Her eyes were glowing with a red fire. She ignored the pain her missing horn brought and got up from the ground. Flare gritted her teeth and yelled at the top of her lungs, "XERO!!!!!!"

Flare's body became enveloped in a red flame of magic. The energy burst caused Xero to be propelled back onto a giant rock. Flare's mane and tail were a raging inferno of red magic. Her eyes glowed pinkish-red with no pupils. Flares body grew in size and her horn quickly grew back, extending longer than the first one. Flare was about the size of Celestia. Xero got off the rock and attempted to punch Flare, but his arm got caught on the magic enveloping her. His Hoof burned in intense pain and he tried to pull it out of Flare's magic grasp. The Magic flames traveled onto Xero and covered his whole body. All Xero felt was pain, he couldn't move. He felt a presence above him, Flare was standing above him, pinning him to the ground. Flare put her horn onto Xero's head.

Xero felt his mind go ballistic, he screamed a painful scream as Flare poured her magic into he head. In an instant, Xero was out cold. Flare reverted back to her normal form and aimed her horn away from Xero's head with caution. Flare gained interesting knowledge about Xero. Xero certainly was a fusion, but it was Discord that fused him. So, since Discord caused the problem, he's going to fix it, flare intended.

"Discord!" Yelled flare.
In an instant, Discord popped out of nowhere.

"Yeeeessss?" Discord said gleefully.

"I understand why he's going after the princesses. He was following your orders.
I saw what you did to this poor pony. Now change him back!" Flare snarled at Discord.

"Even though he was my strongest creation he certainly wasn't the brightest. I'll change him back for you." Discord said.
Discord grabbed the still unconscious Xero's front hooves with each paw/claw and lifted him off the ground. He started to pull on them until Xero was splitting in half. Two ponies were being phased apart from Xero, an all black pony and an all white pony both wrapped in chains. Discord pulls out scissors coated in magic and cuts the chains bonding the fusion. The chains that were wrapped around the two ponies disintegrate. The two pony's bodies hang limp from Discord's hands. Discord lays the two ponies on the grass.
Flare walks up to Discord.

"Could you change me back too? This is starting to feel uncomfortable" Flare asked.
Discord agreed and separated Flare as well. Fluttershy and Rarity were both happy to not be stuck together anymore. The white pony suddenly woke up,

"HIYAAAAAA!" The pony yelled doing a karate pose. Fluttershy and Rarity almost died from shock. Both of them screamed and then Fluttershy fainted. The white pony looked first at the two mares. Then he saw the black pony next to him. And finally he saw Discord. "What's going on? Where am I?" The pony asked.
Rarity walked up to the pony and slapped him in the face.

"How dare you startle us like that! And how dare you hurt Twilight!" She slapped him again, "And Applejack!" And again, "And Pinkie Pie!" The pony was confused.

"Wait! I don't know who those ponies are! Who are you? And Why are you hitting me?!" The pony splurged out while he was being slapped. "Please, Stop! Stop!" Fluttershy had awoken and went in between the pony and Rarity.

"No, Don't hurt him anymore! Let's see what he has to say." Fluttershy pleaded. Rarity stopped slapping the pony and backed away.

"Why should he be different? He's the same pony!" Rarity exclaimed.

"He doesn't bring any harm to us anymore! He's just a helpless Pegasus now." Fluttershy went up to the pony and said to his face, "are you alright?"

"Yes, thank you. That pony sure has some mental problems, Attacking someone for no reason." The pony snarled. "Anyway, who are you? I didn't quite catch your name in the slapping."

"I'm Fluttershy, and what's your name?" Fluttershy responded. The pony grabbed his head and concentrated very hard.

"Who am I? Who am I?" The pony said to himself. "Hey, where's Doom?" Fluttershy and Rarity looked confused.

"Doom?" Asked both the mares.

"Wait, don't you mean the other pony?" Rarity wondered. "The all black one? Speaking of which, where is he?" Rarity and Fluttershy looked around to see that the black pony had vanished. He was right there a minute ago so he couldn't have gotten far.

"Yes! I remember now!" The white pony exclaimed.

"What?" Both Fluttershy and Rarity ask.

"My name is Blast, nice to meet you!" The pony said gladly.

[To Be Continued]

Comments ( 4 )
Comment posted by Hopeful_Ink_Hoof deleted May 19th, 2016
Comment posted by GrayDiamond deleted May 15th, 2016
Comment posted by GrayDiamond deleted May 18th, 2016
Comment posted by GrayDiamond deleted May 25th, 2016
Login or register to comment