• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,465 Views, 5 Comments

My Little Pony Fanfic: The Power of Fusions (Part 1) - GrayDiamond



The mane six are faced with a new evil threat and a new spell that will change Equestria forever.

  • ...
3
 5
 2,465

"Chapter 1" The Fusion Spell

Twilight was trotting down the dirt path that lead to Ponyville. She was floating a stack of books using her levitation spell as she walked.
"I can't wait to read these books I got from the Castle of the Two Sisters! They'll make an excellent addition to the new library! Especially this one!"

Twilight levitates the book on top of the stack out from the rest of the floating books to her face so she could read the fine text.
The text was in Old Pony English, an impossible read for any normal pony today, unless they were around during early Equestrian times, but luckily for Twilight, Old Pony English was like fillygarden alphabet because mostly everything in Twilight's library was Old Pony English. However Twilight's home got destroyed during the Tirek attack and now she has to restock her books in the Crystal Castle that appeared after defeating Tirek.

The book read, from Twilight's translation, "The Fusion Spell." This peaked Twilights interest because she had never heard of a spell called the fusion spell. Twilight is a professional when it comes to spells, but the word fusion was an unknown word to her.
Twilight increased her speed tremendously so she could hurry home and read her book. Right when she saw the large crystal castle in view, she wasn't paying attention and slammed into an oncoming pony. Twilight and the mysterious pony both fell on their backs both landing on their wings which caused a sensitive pain to emit from their backs. Both Twilight and the mysterious pony let out a painful "OW!" The mysterious pony's voice was deep, too deep for a normal pony. But there was also a high pitch to the voice as well, like two ponies were talking at the same time. Twilight, still levitating her books rolled over and helped the mysterious pony up. The pony had his face covered with a cloak. The pony forcefully jerked his hooves away from Twilight's. Twilight first thought the pony was Zecora because of the cloak, but her thoughts immediately changed after he spoke again.

"Watch where you're going!" The hooded pony hissed.

The voice sounded demonic, chilling twilight to the bone with every word. She wanted to get away from that pony with every fiber of her being. But her self righteousness let out a scared "sorry" and Twilight bolted. This time, Twilight was more careful of where she looked so she didn't bump into anypony else. Finally, Twilight reached the entrance of the crystal castle and opened the front doors with her magic.
"Spike! I have more books for you to put away!" Twilight called out into the castle for his friend. A little green and purple dragon came running from the depth of the crystal castle to Twilight's side and did a salute. "Assistant spike here for duty!" Spike said in a commanding voice. Twilight dropped all but the fusion book into Spike's claws. Spike was able to carry them with ease because he could carry almost every book in the old library at once without a sweat.

"Put those books on the shelves in the library. I'm gonna go read this one." Twilight said.

Spike gave an assuring nod and sped down into the castle, away from twilight's view. Even though it has been a few months since this castle rose from the ground after Tirek's defeat, the very halls seem to impress Twilight with their crystal beauty every time she walks through them. It's also a surprise that spike hadn't eaten the castle yet because crystals are a dragon's favorite meal. Twilight reached her study room and dropped the spell book on a desk at the opposite end of the room. The study room also had shelves where Twilight keeps her favorite books. Twilight was hastily rushing to the desk and opened the book to the first page. Then the next page, then the next page. Before twilight knew it, she had read the book in less than a minute. It's not a surprise that twilight could read a book in less than a minute. She read every single book in her old library five time in just a weekend.
Twilight thought about reading the book again until she heard a knock at her study door.

"Twilight, are you in here?" Said the voice on the other side of the door.
Twilight used her magic to open the door and noticed the pony was Starlight Glimmer on the other side.
Starlight Glimmer is a reformed unicorn that has the same amount of magic power as Twilight. Starlight started out by making an equal society, but The mane 6 foiled her plan, turned her society against her, and drove her out. To take revenge, Starlight used a time traveling spell to go to the past to prevent the sonic rainboom from happening, which caused the mane 6 to prevent getting their cutie marks. Twilight reformed Glimmer into an ally before she could do anymore damage to the timelines and now she resides in the crystal castle with Twilight.

"Man this castle is big! How do you know where to go? I'm already lost." Starlight sighed.

"Starlight, I put signs up just so you don't get lost." Twilight said.

"Where are they? I can't see them anywhere." Starlight complained.

"Have you tried looking up?" Twilight said.
Starlight looks up and notices the thousands of signs littering the ceiling showing directions to each room in the castle. "Why don't you put them closer to where I can see them?" Starlight bickers as she walks away.
"Does that pony ever do anything other than complain? You try to do something nice and this is what you get." Twilight said to herself, frustratingly gritting her teeth.
"Now I've lost interest in reading this again. Maybe one of Pinkie's parties will help me get my inspiration back." Twilight gets up from her reading desk and uses her magic to write a note on a piece of paper:

Be sure
To re-read.

She puts the note on top of "The Fusion spell" book and walks out of the study room, closing the door. Twilight looks up at the multiple signs she put on the ceiling. They look fine just the way they are. Twilight reassured. Twilight didn't need the signs to know where she was going. It may have been a big castle, bigger than Canterlot maybe, but twilight knew her way around the castle like the back of her hoof.
Once Twilight was at the exit of the castle, a huge tremor shook the entire castle causing some crystals to dislodge from the ceiling and hit the floor around Twilight.

That sounded like it came from outside the castle! Twilight thought impatiently.
Twilight hurried and swung the entrance doors open with her magic. In front of twilight, towering above her, is the powerful princess Celestia. Celestia's mane flowed with grace as the sun god stood before princess Twilight with a stern, troubling face. She then spoke with a powerful voice,
"Twilight! You need to leave Ponyville!"