• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 384 Views, 3 Comments

Mechanic Hearts And Postage Stamps - Ebony Runwick



A grumpy stallion who hardly goes outside, a changeling hybrid mare with a temper, what happens when this grump falls in love with the mail stallion at his door?

  • ...
1
 3
 384

Chapter 20, The End...?

DON'T WORRY!!!! This isn't the only book, there will be more, this is going to be a series. Comments are appreciated.

A few days after the incident at the fair, life had returned to normal. “ADHESIVE!!!!!” A certain ‘pegasus’ cried out. Well, mostly normal… Oh come on, you really thought these two were going to act like average ponies? Did you skip to this chapter? Now shush and lemme tell the story. Adhesive got up from his spot on the couch, throwing down the newspaper he was reading and bolted for their bedroom.

“What is it, where does it hurt? Are you bleeding?” Circuit let out a soft groan, lifting his head from his hunched position over the bedroom's trashcan.

“Ugh...What’d you put in the cooking last night…? I haven’t been able to stop puking all morning….” He groaned again, flopping onto his back as he pushed the can away. “Now all I wanna do is sleep...And also eat for some weird reason...And cry a little bit….”

“It was sandwiches remember? Your favorite, RLT, radish, lettuce and tomato? I can’t imagine what would set off your stomach babe…” The green maned stallion’s brows furrowed as he contemplated what could’ve made his husband like this. “I don’t think we did anything different yesterday…”

“Well whatever’s wrong...It’s clearly your fault.” The ‘pegasus’ grunted as he pushed himself to his hooves, slipping into the bathroom for a moment to wash out his mouth before making his way to the kitchen. “Speaking of which...Do we have any of that radish left? I’m starving…” Adhesive narrowed his eyes for a moment before sighing.

“Yes, I bought extra just for this reason, you’re always super hungry in the morning. More than usual, you eat like, three servings just for breakfast!” The white stallion said exasperatedly, but behind all that he was really just teasing lovingly.

“Are you calling me fat!?” Circuit turned on Adhesive, his eyes slightly watery. For once he didn’t take the teasing as he usually would, which would be to just snort and roll his eyes. “You are, aren’t you!?”

“What? No! You’re gorgeous, I love your figure Circuit, why would you ever even think such a thing? I love you babe.” The mail stallion exclaimed, his eyes wide in disbelief as he walked over to his husband and pulled him into a hug. The ‘pegasus’ sniffled slightly as he hugged him back, wrapping his gray hooves around him tightly.

“Promise…?”

“Promise, always and forever.” His blue eyes looked lovingly into green ones and the stallion leaned in and gave Circuit a quick peck on the lips. “Now, you wanna tell me what’s on your mind? You seem troubled, upset, what’s wrong babe?” The gray maned stallion sighed softly, leaning heavily against his husband.

“I don’t know….I’ve just been all out of sorts the past couple of weeks..I think I’m finally starting to lose it…” He attempted to joke lightly, but his voice was tinged slightly with fear. “I-it’s probably just the flu or something…”

“I don’t know, first it was you moping about the house, now you’re vomiting? I think we should go to Eb’s place just to be sure.”

“I’m not gonna bother Ebony over a little stomach bug…” Circuit let out a snort as he pushed away from him, forcing down his own fears. “I’ll be fine in a few days, you’ll see.” Adhesive sighed, rubbing his temples.

“Fine, but if you throw up even one more time I’m hauling your ass over to her clinic you hear me?”

“Yeah yeah whatever...Now c’mon...I still want that radish.”

i]______________________________~Timeskip~____________________________________[

Circuit groaned as he reached up a hoof, wearily flushing the toilet before slumping down onto the floor next to it. He’d tried his best to hold it in, but in the end he’d only made it about an hour or so before the radish he’d eaten came back up again. His husband patted his back, whispering encouragement.

“You alright? Do you wanna sit down?”

“No...I’m alright...I think…” He slowly sat up, leaning heavily against his husband’s side. He dragged his robotic hoof over his face, letting out a weary sigh. “I’m so tired of being sick….”

“Well, I told you that the next time you threw up I was taking you to Ebs, so let’s go.” Adhesive pulled his husband over towards the garage and helped him into the old pickup truck that Ebony had left here ages ago. “I’m driving.” Circuit didn’t complain for once, simply settling down in the kind of ratty, but comfy, seat of the truck. He pressed his head to the glass, letting his eyes slide shut.

“Like I said...It’s probably just the stomach flu or something..I just hope Ebony has something to help with the vomiting…”

“It’ll be fine, it’s probably just a bug, she’ll confirm that, and give you something to help with the symptoms. We’ll be home before lunch!”

They would definitely not be home before lunch, and it definitely wasn’t a bug. What kind of writers would we be if we wrote something as simple as that hmm? No, there were tags and warnings for a reason~! Anyway, they reached the manor twenty minutes later, a lot better than last time due to the fact they drove.

Adhesive drove up to the gate and pressed the button on the callbox near the road that was raised up for cars and carriages. A familiar voice crackled over the speaker.

“Yessss? Oh, hello Massssterssss, how can I help you?”

“Is Ebs home? Circuit hasn’t been feeling well so we need her expertise.”

“Yesss ssshe’sss home, I’ll tell her to meet you in the clinic.”

The speaker went dead as the gate swung open, allowing the white stallion to pull up to the front of the mansion. He put it in park and swung out of the vehicle, walking around to open the door and help Circuit out.

“I can do it myself.” The gray stallion suddenly snapped, his voice oddly bitter sounding. Usually he’d be fine with the help but for some reason the action just...Pissed him off. He slipped out of the truck, brushing the other stallion off as he made his way to the door. “Let’s just get this over with…” His husband winced for a moment, pulling his hoof away slowly.

“Yeah… sure…” The white stallion locked the truck before walking up to the door and knocking. Sure enough, the changeling butler Buggy swung open the door and invited them in. The white stallion stayed silent over the whole walk to the clinic. Past the immaculate wallpaper, past the waxed wood floors into the lower east wing of the mansion. The door was a classic hospital door that swung both ways with no handles and little windows in the top center.

The mail stallion pushed them open and into the clinic, it looked like any other hospital, only the usual paintings and decorations were replaced by statues and changeling relics. Surprisingly, there were actual nurses and receptionists walking around, changelings in the classic uniform of white and red.

“Woah… This is pretty legit…”

“Yeah yeah...Let’s just hurry up already before I throw up again or something…” The ‘pegasus’ grumbled, letting out a soft huff as he leaned against Adhesive. “Where even is Ebony…? I thought she was going to meet us here?” A smaller changeling female in a nurse outfit stopped in front of them holding a clipboard and adjusted her glasses.

“Oh, are you looking for Doctor Ebony? She’s expecting you but got a bit held up with another patient. Please, right this way.” The nurse walked off down the hall towards another area with more doors and opened one to reveal an office. The walls were blue, and had beige short carpet instead of the tile from the hallway and a few cabinets as well as bits and bobs you’d see at any other doctor’s office.

Ebony sat at a small table with a computer on it, a doctor’s coat draped across her frame, her mane pulled back and her glasses seated on her nose.

“Oh hi guys, come on in!” The hybrid smiled as she looked up, the doctor badge jostling as the mare did so. Circuit continued to lean against the other stallion as they made their way into the office, oddly affectionate for how much he’d been snapping.

“Hey Ebs…”

“Hey Circuit, you don’t look so good…” She muttered, standing up in concern. “Sit, sit, tell me what’s up.” The golden mare motioned to the examination table next to the stallions in the corner. The pegasus’ hefted himself onto the table, wriggling slightly as he made himself comfortable.

“I...I think I have a stomach bug or something. I’ve been really queasy…Especially in the mornings. And...And I’ve been having a lot of mood swings…” Ebony nodded, her magic enveloping the clipboard and a pen nearby as she began to write things down.

“I see, have you been eating differently, or has anything different changed in your life?”

“Er...Not really? I mean..I guess there was that one time…” His face suddenly began to turn red as he cleared his throat, trying to alleviate some of his embarrassment. “I ah...Don’t think that’d really cause this though so um..No, nothing new.”

“What? Come on, as your doctor and your best friend I need to know so I can help. You don’t have to give the details, just anything happen?” Adhesive paused for a moment.

“Well you did get cursed by that fortune teller at the fair…”

“Wait wait wait, cursed by a fortune teller?” Ebony raised a brow. The gray stallion simply let out a snort, waving them both off.

“That was nothing, that lady was a fraud and you know it. All she did was wave her hooves around and mutter a bunch of mumbo jumbo.”

“Circuit, you know as well as I that words have power, what did she say?”

“Something in old Equestrian I think.” Adhesive replied shrugging. “Not exactly sure.”

“Well, I think I should run some tests, all of them, we don’t know what could’ve happened but it’s better to be safe.” Circuit let out a groan, flopping back against the examination table.

“Ughhhh..That’s gonna take forever….Why don’t you just shoot me now and get it over with?” Ebony got up to grab some things from inside a cabinet.

“Because we’d miss you too much you ol grump.” The mare then grabbed the phone receiver off the wall and held it to her ear before jabbering in rapid changeling to somepony on the other end. “I just handed all my other appointments over to my assistants, you won’t have to deal with anypony other than me alright?”

“I...I suppose that’s acceptable….” He sighed, rolling over so he could lay on his stomach. “Let’s just get this started already...Might as well not delay the inevitable…” The stallion reached out a hoof, grasping one of his husband’s. The white stallion instantly squeezed his husband’s hoof lovingly in return.

“How’d you get all this going? When you said you’d be our doctor I just thought it would be you.” The hybrid smiled back at them.

“You like it? I’m the only clinic for hundreds of miles that knows changeling anatomy. It’s safe here, and my people don’t have to worry about being attacked or persecuted. Many have joined to get some regular income for their hatchlings or to start new lives.” Ebony grabbed an empty syringe and inspected it before walking over to Circuit. The stallion let out a whine, his eyes widening as he looked at the syringe.

“I don’t know what you’re going to do with that but I don’t like it, get that horrid thing away from me.”

“Relax, I’m just going to take a bit of blood, this one syringe will be all I need to do most of the tests. It’s either that or do all thirty-seven manually.”

“T-thirty-seven…?” He stammered, his eyes wide. “Adhesive….If you love me at all then you’ll shoot me right now. You can’t make me endure this suffering!” Circuit flailed his hooves dramatically.

“Babe, I love you, but I’m not going to shoot you over a blood sample.” Ebony let out a snort before walking over to her friends.

“Relax alright? This will only hurt for a moment.” The ‘pegasus’ let out a dramatic groan, but held out his not metallic forehoof for her.

“You should consider yourself lucky, I don’t just let any old pony stab a needle into my arm…”

“Oh I feel so special.” The mare rolled her eyes before carefully inserting the needle and drawing blood. It only took a few seconds before she took it out and away, the whole process probably took no more than five seconds. “See, that wasn’t so bad now was it?” Circuit let out the breath he’d been holding once it was done, going limp against the table.

“Maybe for you….” He grumbled, twitching slightly as he moved the arm she’d just stuck the needle in. “Am I going to have to get anything else stuck into me or are we good?”

“No that’s it, nothing else getting stuck into you. Now while I send the blood to be checked and analyzed we’ll do the basic tests alright?” A lab assistant quickly entered the room, took the blood sample and left with a nod to Ebony. The mare in turn grabbed the stethoscope around her neck and put it up to Circuit’s chest. “Inhale.” The stallion muttered something along the lines of ‘there better not be’ before following the instructions, taking a deep breath in. “And out, good, your heart rate is normal, breathing is good…” The mare muttered to herself more than to Circuit or Adhesive.

She then grabbed a small light from off the rack of tools on the wall and dimmed the lights before looking into his green eyes. “Look up, look down, alright, follow my hoof with your eyes.” Circuit quietly followed the mare’s hoof with eyes, letting out a soft snort.

“Is all of this really necessary?”

“It’s routine, so shush.” There were a few more tests after that, all went fairly quickly, and just as they were wrapping up the assistant came back and ushered the mare out.

“I think the results are in.” Adhesive said, smiling optimistically. “I’m sure it’s nothing, just a bug.” Ebony came back in, taking off her glasses before looking up at her friends.

“Nothing serious, really, all the tests came up negative, e-except for one… How do I say this… Circuit, you’re pregnant.”

“Aha...That’s..That’s funny Ebony, that’s a good one really, but for real what’s wrong with me?” Her face was stern, not a drop of humor in it.

“I’m serious, we ran the test just to rule it out, but it came back positive… I guess you were cursed with fertility...or something along those lines…” Her brows furrowed and the mare bit her lip in contemplation. Circuit stared at the mare, his eyes narrowing slightly.

“O-okay this isn’t funny anymore, what’s actually wrong with me? I’m serious about this, you know stallions can’t get pregnant. It’s..It’s biologically impossible!”

“You were actually affected by magic, it’s in your blood stream, the physical residue left over in the subject after a spell is present in your hemoglobin. As well as the hormones released by a pregnant female, you’re with child Circuit, it’s in the facts.” Ebony held up the clipboard for them both to see. Adhesive sat there in shock, wide eyed and in disbelief, silent.

“No….No no no!” He shook his head in disbelief, clutching at the table underneath him. “I can’t be pregnant! I don’t….We can’t have a foal! Y-you have to do something about this Ebony!”

“What do you want me to do? Murder an innocent life before it’s had a chance to live?!”

“T-that’s not….” He let out a frustrated sigh. “You know that’s not what I meant it’s just...I can’t have a foal Ebony, I just can’t!” She gripped his shoulders and looked into his green eyes with her own.

“Yes you can, whatever this is, whatever reason this happened, you can do it. You’re strong, one of the strongest ponies I know. If anypony can handle this it's you, just try to see the brighter side of it okay?”

“I just….What if I make the same mistakes my parents did..” Circuit started back into her eyes, his own starting to water slightly. “T-then this kid’ll turn out just as messed up as me…” Adhesive got up after breaking out of his stupor and wrapped his arms around Circuit, pulling him into a loving embrace.

“That’s not gonna happen, because you are nothing like your parents. We won’t make their mistakes, and I’ll always be here. Just you and me, and them.” He looked at his husband’s belly, giving the ‘pegasus’ a reassuring smile.

“You also have me, if you need any help, anything at all, you’ve got us alright?” Circuit nodded slowly, snuggling close to Adhesive as he rubbed at his eyes.

“I...I guess you guys are right….Besides...My main problem was my siblings so...If we only have one foal we’ll be fine, right?”

Comments ( 2 )

Very cute love story I loved it

7147110 That's so nice of you to say! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment