• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 384 Views, 3 Comments

Mechanic Hearts And Postage Stamps - Ebony Runwick



A grumpy stallion who hardly goes outside, a changeling hybrid mare with a temper, what happens when this grump falls in love with the mail stallion at his door?

  • ...
1
 3
 384

Chapter 17, The Big Day

This was the day, the day Adhesive had been waiting for ever since that hospital visit, ever since he’d realized that he loved Circuit with all his heart and soul. The day he’d been waiting for since he’d realized he couldn’t live without the grumpy ‘pegasus’. The white stallion was currently in front of a mirror with his two mothers helping him get ready. He turned to his birth mother and bit his lip.

“Do I look okay?”

“You look perfect…” Heavenly bit her lip, attempting to hold back the happy tears that wanted to spill from her eyes. “I just knew my old dress would look perfect on you. Circuit is going to love it.” He gave a little twirl, the see through-ish material flowing around him while the blouse hugged his chest.

“Thanks mom, this, this is amazing, I can’t believe you’re letting me wear it!” The stallion smiled before grabbing the veil and trying to get it on but failing utterly. Electric let out a soft snort, grabbing the veil from him so she could put it on him properly.

“Well, maybe I would’ve let you wear it sooner if it hadn’t taken you so long to finally get married~” The white coated mare teased lightly, reaching out a hoof to gently brush some of Adhesive’s mane from his face. The tears she’d been holding back quickly bubbled over, unable to hold them back anymore. “Oh great, the ceremony hasn’t even started yet and I’m already crying…”

“Oh mom, madre, you guys are the best. Thank you, for being proud of me, I love you two so much.” The soon to be groom pulled his mothers into a big hug, trying not to squash his dress. They both tightly hugged him back, Heavenly being careful not to get any of her tears on the dress. Electric was the first to pull away, flicking her gaze towards the clock.

“C’mon, it’s time to get going. Don’t want you to be late for your own ceremony.”

Her son nodded and smiled brightly. “Today’s the day!”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, this wasn’t going well, for the past half hour Ebony had been trying to calm Circuit down to the point of actually being able to go out there. The stallion was extremely nervous for no reason, and yet here they were.

“Circuit! Calm down, for the last time, Adhesive loves you. That's the whole bloody reason we’re here!”

“B-but what if he decides he doesn’t! Or what if he doesn’t like my dress!?” The stallion screeched, his voice slightly hysterical. “Or what if I trip while I’m walking up the aisle? O-or forget my vows!?” The mare before him took a deep breath before smacking him upside the head.

“Bro. Chill. If you somehow trip, I’ll discreetly catch you with magic, if you forget your vows, just say what you want to from your heart. Doesn’t matter if it's not what you had planned initially, what matters is that you’re telling him that you love him with all your heart and soul. You do don’t you?” She asked, placing her hooves on his shoulders.

“Of course I do! If I wouldn’t then I wouldn’t be here, would I?” Circuit sighed, letting his head fall forward onto Ebony’s shoulder. The angle was a little awkward, since Ebony was shorter than him, but he didn’t care that much. “There’s just so much that could go wrong..I just want today to be perfect.”

“Of course you do, I know you want everything to be perfect for your wedding but lemme tell you something. If you keep worrying it won’t, something small will happen and because you’re so worried sh*t will go down. Just take a deep breath and relax, because if something does happen I will take care of it, you just need to chill alright?”

“Yeah..Yeah alright...I can do this…” The ‘pegasus’ took a deep breath as he pulled back, forcing himself to calm. Or at least, calm as much as he could. “Alright, let’s get out there before I start panicking again.” The hybrid beside him smiled brightly.

“That’s the spirit! It’s going to be fine, this is the day, Adhesive loves you, just remember that alright?” She then helped him to his hooves and pulled him towards the door and over to the altar. The room was long and wide, the center of the chapel they’d picked out, red carpet going down the middle of the aisle flanked by stained walnut pews. Tall stained glass windows lined either side of the ancient looking stone block walls and one directly above the altar showed a depiction of Faust herself.

It was truly a marvel, Adhesive’s entire family, minus his deadbeat biological father, were there on the left half of the church along with some of his friends. The other half of the church held the few other friends that Circuit had as well as his grandmother who was beaming with pride. To fill the space up a little more, Ebony’s extended family had come, meaning Buggy and adoptive changeling sister Chichina who was a bubbly mess of purple curls. Lucky and Pixie waved from the audience and gave encouraging smiles to the ‘pegasus’

“Don’t worry Circuit, everything’s gonna be fine.” Ebony soothed, giving her friend a pat on the back before taking her spot as the Mare of Honor. She wore a long flowing white dress that faded to dark blue with sparkles that made it look like a starry sky, her mane was curled and pulled back and silver slippers were on her hooves.

But it was no comparison to what the stallion saw next, the doors of the chapel opened with a loud creak to reveal Adhesive, dressed in a beautiful white gown that was semi transparent and being lead towards the altar by Electric Saw who was wearing a tux. The stallion was carrying a large bouquet of beautifully arranged orchids and lilies in one hoof while clinging onto his madre for support. He looked up, and green eyes connected with baby blues.

Circuit practically gawked as Adhesive made his way up the aisle, snapping his mouth shut with a click as he realized it’d fallen open. He smiled nervously at the other stallion as he made his way closer, gently taking one of the stallion’s hooves in his own as he stood in front of him. Adhesive handed off the bouquet for his madre to hold before taking Circuit’s other hoof.

The white stallion’s face was covered in a large smile, and he was practically glowing with happiness. Adhesive couldn’t take his eyes off of Circuit, his heart was pounding against his rib cage threatening to burst from his chest. The priestess before them cleared her throat, and everyone turned to watch the wedding with bright smiles.

“We are gathered here today to witness the joining of two ponies in holy matrimony. These two stallions before us have proved their love and decided to be joined in the eyes of Faust for all eternity. We are here to bind them in this sacred rite of marriage, before we begin is there anypony among us who does not agree to this union?” The aging priestess looked over her spectacles and at the crowd, her gray mane pulled back into a loose bun and the bible of Faustism between her hooves.

“I do!” Loud gasps followed as a loud voice called from the back, the words coming from a familiar looking mare in a frumpy dress.

“Golden Cross…?” Circuit muttered, his eyes wide. “What’re you-”

“I cannot believe you’d disgrace the name of Faust with this pathetic excuse of a

wedding! I won’t just stand and let this continue!” A loud roar of anger erupted from one mare of honor. Her eyes were practically aflame and the small, normally short fangs Ebony had were elongated in fury.

“How dare you come back, and how dare you of all ponies try to disrupt this ceremony with your unholy abominationist ways of looking at Faust. I warned you once to never come back, and now, I will make good on my promise.” She leapt forward and grabbed the unicorn by the back of her dress and began hauling her towards the door.

“Just give me a moment, I’ll be right back.” The hybrid smiled at the ensemble before her before tossing the sad excuse for a unicorn out the door and slamming it behind her. Muffled screams and crashing emanated from behind the heavy doors of the chapel for a good minute or two before the mare came back.

Her dress was perfect, not a curl of her mane out of place, the only thing that was different was she was picking out small bits of white fur and shredded dress from her teeth. Ebony waltzed back up to the altar and took her spot again.

“Now, shall we continue?” Circuit quietly stared at her for a few moments, opening and shutting his mouth a couple times. After a bit he simply turned back to his soon to be husband and nodded for the priestess to continue. It was honestly probably better if he just didn’t ask. The priestess gulped before continuing.

“Uh yeah… will you two please join hooves and proclaim your vows?” She asked, smiling at the stallions. The gray stallion nodded, taking a deep breath as he squeezed Adhesive’s hooves.

“Right I’ll ah...I’ll go first I guess ahem..” He cleared his throat slightly, trying to ease some of his nerves. “I….From the moment I met you I knew you were wonderful...You’ve brought so much light and happiness into my life, and I honestly don’t know what I would do without you. I just….I’m so happy I opened that door..” His words faded as he got all choked up, gesturing for Adhesive to say his vows, as he couldn’t really speak anymore with how emotional he was. The green maned stallion’s eyes watered but he swallowed and began his own vows.

“I have loved you for what seems like a lifetime, and I know one thing, no matter how long we have together, I will treasure it forever. You are my light, my reason for living, the pony who gets me out of bed in the morning, to see the better side of the world. I love you Circuit Aquilus Heart, and I want to be yours forever.” He smiled brightly a small tear escaping and sliding down his cheek before squeezing his soon to be husband’s hooves lovingly.

“That was beautiful you two, now, please repeat after me. I, Circuit Aquilus Heart, take Adhesive Jonas Stamp to be my lawfully wedded husband in the eyes of Faust.”

“I, Circuit Aquilus Heart…” He repeated the words, swallowing thickly around the lump in his throat. It took everything he had not to just burst into happy tears while he spoke. “Take Adhesive Jonas Stamp, to be my lawfully wedded husband in the eyes of Faust.” Adhesive beamed, swallowing as well and quickly wiping away a tear.

“Do you solemnly swear to protect him in sickness and in health, to love him for rich or for poor, til death do you part?” The priestess said, smiling kindly at the grey ‘pegasus’.

“I do.” Circuit said firmly, a large grin spreading across his face as he beamed at his husband. The priestess smiled before turning towards Adhesive.

“Please repeat after me, I Adhesive Jonas Stamp, take Circuit Aquilus Heart to be my lawfully wedded husband in the eyes of Faust.”

“I, Adhesive Jonas Stamp, take Circuit Aquilus Heart to be my lawfully wedded husband in the eyes of Faust.” The green maned stallion spoke, only slightly more composed than his soon to be husband. Ebony beamed and nodded at her friend to keep going.

“Do you solemnly swear to protect him in sickness and in health, to love him for rich or for poor, til death do you part?” The gray maned mare asked once more.

“I do.” The white stallion squeezed his partners hooves, applying a bit more pressure than was needed. It wasn’t on purpose, he just couldn’t contain his excitement.

“Then, by the power of faust, I now pronounce you husband and groom, you may kiss.” Circuit quickly yanked Adhesive forward, pulling him into a clumsy, but passionate kiss. He tangled one hoof in his mane as he held him close, dipping the other stallion with a dramatic flourish. The crowd erupted in cheers and Ebony nearly went off the deep end with her cries of joy. Adhesive didn’t even care about any of it, all he could think of was how happy he was that he was now married to the love of his life. When they finally broke away, their lungs demanding air, he smiled.

“Faust, I love you Circuit.”

“I love you too Adhesive..More than anything in the world..”