• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 384 Views, 3 Comments

Mechanic Hearts And Postage Stamps - Ebony Runwick



A grumpy stallion who hardly goes outside, a changeling hybrid mare with a temper, what happens when this grump falls in love with the mail stallion at his door?

  • ...
1
 3
 384

Chapter 15, Preparations And Problems

Everything had been hectic for a few days as Circuit recovered, as well as the big reveal of the engagement to Ebony who had nearly glomped the wounded ‘pegasus’. Willow Wisp had visited her grandson and nearly taken off a poor nurse’s head for not answering her questions. Needless to say, Grandma was worried about Circuit. The hospital had discharged Circuit a week after the surgery so the three could go home.

“Welcome home babe!” Adhesive said with a smile as he wheeled his fiancée into the room in a wheelchair just to be safe. They’d even taken the elevator that Circuit used to transport materials and equipment down to his lab.

“Yeah yeah, can I get out of this stupid thing now?” The stallion squirmed in the wheelchair, wincing as he accidentally pulled at his bandages. “I’m tired of having to be still, I’ve been laying in the same bed for a week now, can I PLEASE stand on my own hooves for once?”

The mail stallion sighed and grinned slightly, loving how quickly his love had bounced back.

“Alright, the hospital only gave it to us in case something happened, don’t worry, we probably won’t need it anytime soon.”

“Of course not, I can walk on my own you know.” Circuit huffed as he slowly pushed himself out of the wheelchair, flinching slightly as the movement pulled at his stitches a bit. His legs wobbled slightly as he stood, weak from not being used for a week. “Gah, I never want to go back to that hospital ever again. Or any hospital really.”

“Alright, I’ll make you a deal.” Ebony piped up, walking into the living room. “I’ve got an infirmary in my home, state of the art, less of an infirmary and more of a hospital condensed into a wing of the manor. Either way, I’ll take over your medical expenses and problems provided you come when necessary. Especially if I’m going to become your doctor.”

“Hn...Fine, but only because you’ve already seen the inside of my chest, so might as well.” The gray maned stallion let out a huff as he shook his head. “I still can’t believe you just broke in there and started operating on me...Those doctors were practically giving you death glares by the time we left. So, even if I wanted to go back, I’m pretty sure they’ll never let us into that hospital ever again.”

“They nearly severed two arteries and wanted to cut your power cord. Doctors my pretty golden flank, idiots could’ve killed you. I did what I had to do to keep you alive, what would I’ve done if you died huh? What would Adhesive do?” The green maned stallion bit his lip, looking at the floor.

“She’s right, if the power cord was severed, we don’t know what would’ve happened…”

“Alright enough of that, now you’re making me feel bad.” The ‘pegasus’ picked up a nearby pencil, flicking it at the mare. “So yadda yadda, thanks for helping me and saving my life and whatever, can we please talk about something happier? Like, I don’t know, telling your parents about that fact that we’re engaged maybe? I’d like to do that soon so they don’t get mad at us for waiting too long.”

“That’s actually a good idea, with getting you home I hadn’t thought about it. Why not tomorrow? Give you some time to rest and readjust to being at home then go out and get you some fresh air.” Ebony gave a nod in agreement.

“And that way I can call some of my contacts to get your wedding plans started, because as of now, I am your official wedding planner.” Adhesive chuckled.

“And our doctor.” The hybrid let out a small laugh.

“Yes, and your doctor.” Circuit just let out a weary sigh, covering his face with his hooves.

“What have I gotten myself into?”

___________________________________~Timeskip~_______________________________

Circuit yawned softly as the carriage pulled up to the small house, rubbing his eyes to get rid of the sleep from his impromptu nap. He smiled at the familiar looking house, it’s cream colored walls and pink roof familiar from his last visit here. However, the beat up, dirty looking carriage parked out front was new.

“I didn’t know your parents were going to have other company..?” His fiancee’s brows furrowed.

“I didn’t either…” He got out of the carriage and signaled for Ebony to get down from the driver’s seat.

“Ebs, if something happens, keep Circuit safe for me alright?” The mare nodded before helping Circuit out of the carriage even with some protests from said ‘pegasus’. The three made their way up to the house when muffled yelling could be heard. Adhesive pushed open the door to reveal three figures, two were his moms, the third… A dirty grey earth pony with scraggly green mane and tail, ripped bomber jacket with patches sewn into it and a beer bottle in his hoof. On his flank was a cutie mark the mail pony hadn’t seen but had heard of from his birth mother. A single lighter with a single lit flame.

“What in Faust’s holy name is this mother f*cker doing here?!” He roared, the sudden noise making the rest of the room go deadly silent. The three turned to look at Adhesive, their eyes wide.

“Adhesive’s what’re you..? Sweetie, now isn’t the time you really should go…” The pure white mare, Adhesive’s birth mother, took a step forward, but was blocked by the sleazy looking stallion.

“Now now love, let me talk to the boy. I came all this way after all, it’d be a shame if I didn’t at least get to say hello.” The stallion’s voice was harsh and gravelly as he spoke, turning to flash Adhesive a yellow toothed smile. “You must be Adhesive..”

“What the hell do you want? And why are you talking to my mother like that?” He narrowed his blue eyes angrily and took a defensive and slightly aggressive stance against the other stallion. Ebony held back, keeping Circuit behind her but also looking at the two mares, ready to smack this plothole upside the head if things went down.

“Oh….You never told him about me, did you love? That’s sweet.” The stallion let out a hoarse sounding laugh, one that quickly dissolved into a fit of coughing. After a few moments he managed to catch his breath again, flashing another smile at Adhesive. “Tell me boy, haven’t you ever wondered who your daddy was? And please, don’t tell you though that little marefriend of your mother’s was really your other parent, because that’d just be sad.”

“I know who you are, you may be my biological father, but you were and will never be my father. My father is a mare, I have two mothers, I’ve never had a father and I never will.” His eyes narrowed even more and his hooves dug into the carpet beneath him.

“Hah! The boy’s got spunk!” He grinned over at Heavenly, Adhesive’s mother, flicking his tail. “He gets that from me you know.” He flicked his yellow gaze back over to the mailstallion. “And there’s no need to get all defensive, I’m just trying to be a part of my son’s life, is that so wrong?” Lit One sneered, his gaze traveling over to Ebony and Circuit. “Ooo, who’s this ravishing young mare? Your marefriend? Or is she single?” He winked at the yellow coated mare. Ebony growled, baring her teeth and revealing four sharp canines.

“Screw off plothole.” Adhesive smiled at his friend and his fiancee.

“No, I’m not dating her, I’m engaged to the grey stallion over there for your information.” The mail stallion snorted aggressively, narrowing his blue eyes. The sleazy stallion flinched back slightly, narrowing his eyes at Circuit.

“You’re engaged to THAT? Hmph, being raised by those idiotic filly foolers really must have messed you up if you’re into him. At least tell me you’re the stallion of the relationship?”

“That’s none of you Faust damned business, and I suggest you leave. We wouldn’t want something to happen now would we?” As if to emphasize his words, Ebony’s eyes flashed red for a moment and she smiled menacingly.

“Or what? Is the wittle mare gonna beat me up? Ooo, I’m so scared~” In reality the stallion felt a brief flash of fear, but he forced himself to push it down. No way he was going to let them see that of course. “What’re you gonna do princess? Hit me with your purse?”

“No, but I’ll make a purse.” Her fangs flashed brightly, elongating as she opened her mouth. “But I’ll make your pretty little hide into one~!”

“Ehehe…..You know, on second though, I wouldn’t want to embarrass your infront of your little friends. This isn’t the last you’ve seen of me Adhesive, I’ll be back. And maybe one day you’ll come to your senses and leave that disgusting excuse of stallion and go find yourself a real mare.” He clapped his hoof on Adhesive’s shoulder before slipping out of the house.

The green maned stallion rubbed his temples and walked over to his mothers. “Are you guys good? I can’t believe that arse found where you live.” Circuit walked over and sat down on the couch letting out a sigh before Ebony went to look out the window to make sure that sleazy stallion had really left.

“Yeah we’re alright sweetie...I’m just glad he didn’t do anything to hurt you three…I was worried he’d get violent there for a second.” Heavenly Light sighed as she shook her head, her wife, Electric Saw, nodding in agreement.

“You all settle down, I’ll go make us some tea, alright?” Electric pressed a soft kiss to the mare’s cheek before slipping out of the living room and off to the kitchen. Ebony nodded but kept looking out the window, the only change was she was pacing in front of it. The mare had gone into full protective mode.

“I swear, he comes back and I’ll show him just how much brains it takes to tan a hide..” Adhesive blanched before trotting over to sit with his fiancee.

“Yeah, sorry you had to hear it like that, but yeah, we’re engaged!” Circuit smiled as he spoke, reaching his hooves over to gently squeeze Adhesive’s. The pure white mare let out a happy squeal, clapping her hooves together.

“That’s great! Even if we had to find out this way, it’s still wonderful news! Do you have any plans for the wedding yet? Like, when is it going to be? Indoors or outdoors? Oooo, do you have a venue chosen yet? What about the food?” Her son chuckled.

“Not yet mom, but Ebony here says she’ll be our official planner. She was pretty excited about it!” The golden mare perked up and trotted over to the rest of them, nodding her head in agreement.

“That is correct Mrs. Light, I will be taking over the job of planning, taking what these two want and making it into a reality. Without all the stress of course, that’s my job.” She smiled brightly and gave the pegasus a respectful nod.

“Oh please hun, call me Heavenly. Mrs. Light is far too formal.” The mare brushed her light yellow mane out of her eyes as she smiled at Ebony, lightly kissing her wife’s cheek as she came back with the tea.

“My only request is that your wedding not be outside during the winter or something, I love you son, but I’m not going to freeze my hooves off just to watch your ceremony.” The mail stallion let out a laugh.

“Don’t worry mom, that won’t happen, besides, I don’t think my coat would show up well in the snow anyway.” He snickered and leaned into Circuit’s side lovingly before Ebony cleared her throat.

“Yes Mrs. L- Heavenly… Neither of them enjoys the cold weather, so what I had in mind was an early fall wedding, where the leaves are just changing but not yet time for the Running Of The Leaves. That way it’s still warm but not too much so but not so freezing that nobody wants to be outside.”

“Oh! That sounds wonderful!” Heavenly let out a little squeal of delight. “Doesn’t that sound great dear?” Electric let out a grunt of agreement, quietly sipping at her tea. “Have you given any thought yet and who you’re going to invite? Your parents will be coming, right Circuit? I’ve been dying to meet them!” Circuit tensed up slightly at the mentions of his family, his grip on Adhesive’s hooves tightening a little.

“Well...Um…” Both Adhesive and Ebony picked up on his distress but the stallion was quicker to jump in.

“Circuit’s parents aren’t exactly… the best, even I haven’t met them. Not that he’s ashamed of me or anything, more of ashamed of them…” He bit his lip and Ebony took his place.

“Yeah, they’re not the best ponies, and neither are his siblings, I’ve known Circuit for however many years and he still refuses to tell me about them. The closest thing I’ve ever seen of them is a picture in his grandmother’s house.”

“I see….Well then, that settles it!” The mare set her cup of tea down, abruptly getting to her hooves. She slipped over to Circuit, pulling the stallion in for a tight hug. “You’re officially a member of our family now! I don’t care if you two technically aren’t married yet, as far as I’m concerned, you’re already our son.”

“Wha- I...Okay…” The ‘pegasus’ sputtered a bit before slowly returning the hug. Adhesive smiled brightly, the grin almost reaching from ear to ear. Ebony gave a soft grin, her green eyes softening at the sight before her but she stayed back out of the family affair.

“Aw you guys, thanks mom! And Madre, get in here too!” The mail stallion pulled Electric Saw into the embrace and the family hugged lovingly.

“You too.” Heavenly huffed, flailing one of her hooves at Ebony. “C’mon, you’re part of the family too, get in here.” The golden mare felt hot tears sting her cheek as her smile brightened and widened. She all but flung herself into the embrace, opening her wings to further embrace her newfound family.

“You ponies are honestly the best.”

“Love you too Ebs.” Adhesive chuckled.