• Published 10th Apr 2016
  • 11,636 Views, 627 Comments

The Guardian - NYChris824



When a Marine wakes up in a vintage tank in a forest, he finds himself out of place and his world.

  • ...
60
 627
 11,636

Another One

Author's Note:

I suck at naming so deal with it.

Had a lot of guesses, some were right.

I give you... Mexico!!
No I'm kidding.

Short chapter, but it's only for the reveal. I can't wait and see the reactions

I regret nothing

"Take a right here." Twilight said, we pulled into the square, there were ponies standing looking at a hill all. I could see a grey blob, I tried to think of what it could have been.

"Could they be bad?" She asked

"No clue, human nature varies from person to person. Here's an example, you have three different humans, right?"

"Okay."

"Human one is downright evil, he's involved in a group to bring down the government. Human two is a goody two shoes volunteers at animal shelters and soup kitchens. Human three is in the middle, he steals from the rich, but their corrupt. He takes the money and donates it to charities."

"So human nature varies from each one?" Twilight asked

"Bingo, although most people fall into the 'human three' category, a little bit of good and bad."

"Okay, go outside and try and calm everyone calm." I said and slid into the commander's seat. I grabbed the binoculars and stood up. I looked at the tank or rather I tried, the focus was all messed but, I could see him (or her?) sitting there, doing the same thing.

"Kind of looks like yours, with the front being on an angle." Twilight said. I finally got my binoculars focused on it. The front was indeed angled slightly, the viewport for the driver was quite large, but I may be wrong. The turret had angled sides, the cupola had a tall hatch and a long gun. I knew the tank immediately *DRUMROLL*




Panther tank. D model

"German tank. It's a Panther. D version." I said, more to myself than anyone else.

"Is that bad?" Twilight asked

"Could be worse, something I couldn't penetrate, like a Tiger 2. Luckily I have the better version of the 76 and not the 75."

"He's not bad, is he?" Fluttershy asked

"No clue, but since he hasn't shot any of us I say he's good." I said "But how do we talk to them?". I leaned back a little and felt something on my shoulder, I turned around. The radio could work, I wasn't sure the specifics of how they work. Chances are I would pick up music, much less German radio frequencies. I turned it on just to be safe.

I peekd through the binoculars whoever it was was doing something:, disappear, reappear, put their hand to their mouth repeat. After a few times, I realized they were trying the radio.

"Hello?... Hello? Anyone there?" A voice came from inside. I grabbed the radio from my tank and started talking

"Hello?"

"Thank God! I found you!" He said

"I'm more surprised that we're able to pick each up to begin with. But this world has magic and that seems to explain most of the events here." The voice laughed at that.

"You're kidding right! Mein Gott that is good." He managed to get out.

"Watch this." I said to him "Hey Twilight, could you levitate something for a demonstration?" I said. Twilight picked up picking Pinkie.

"I've been here for an hour and I hate this place." He grumbled, I ducked inside and closed the hatch.

"That's not all they control the weather, and the leaders raise the sun and moon."

"And who are THEY?"

"Ponies. Now I know what you're thinking, they don't look like ponies back home. There's a bunch of other species that live on the planet too. I think minotaurs amd griffons are part of that."

"This world doesn't make sense." The voice said "Who are you?"

I decided to sound official as possible, "Corporal Daniel Allen, United States Marine Corps. What about you?"

"Hauptgefreiter Micheal Fuchs, German Lutwaffe. I believe you have me outrank, sir." He added

"I think I'm OR-4 in terms of NATO."

I'm OR-3." Micheal said

"Alright, come on down, we'll figure this out." I said, opening my hatch again. Everyone looked at me. Twilight flew up onto the tank

"He's coming down. Speaks English fairly well, kinda surprised." I said

"What do you mean?" She asked, tilting her head a little. We watched the Panther come down the hill towards town.

"He's from Germany, German is the main language of Germany. Granted English is the main language for business so it's taught as an extra class in most countries. Do the princesses know about this?"

"I wrote them a letter and sent it to them, they should reply soon."

"Good, let them know he's also soldier. Served in the Lutwaffe, German Air Force."

She leaned a little closer to me and whispered, "Should he come with us tomorrow?"

"Maybe, although he's a pilot so I'm not sure how well he can help with army issues. I spent some time on ships so I have a half a clue with naval matters."

"But he did serve right?"

"He's active duty, I think, but he could have easily been in some other part of the world." I explained

"Well, here he comes. Shall we?" She asked

"We shall."

"What's his name?"

"Micheal Fuchs, don't know anything else about him."

We walked through the crowd and towards the tank. It was slightly wider than my tank and had side skirts over the road wheels. Micheal was still inside the tank, he climbed out and I got a good look at him. About five foot ten, dirty blonde hair and green eyes. He went to salute me, but I raised my hand.

"That won't be necessary." I said

"Of course."

Twilight stepped forward a little, "My name is Twilight Sparkle. Welcome to Ponyville and Equestria."



I'm ready for the shitstorm in the comments.