• Published 27th Mar 2016
  • 1,344 Views, 11 Comments

Crimson and Gold: An Unlikely Friendship - TwilightAppleDash



The girls meet up in A.J's barn to hang out and have a good time. Things go bad. And get worse. Like totally, end-of-the-world destruction bad. Unless two one unlikely friend can put things right.

  • ...
5
 11
 1,344

Chapter 5

When I was a kid, I climbed the tallest tree in the orchard, on a dare from Big Mac. I slipped and fell from the top, snapping my arm clean in half.

fourteen years ago, I watched my house burn from the safety of a fire-fighter’s arms, as he carried me away from my parents, who were burned alive in that fire. I bit and clawed that fireman until he bled, because I didn’t want to live life, as an orphan.

About two years back, my steady boyfriend Soaren had revealed to me that he had been cheating on me for months and he left me for the other girl.

I had thought by now, with Pain as my constant companion almost from birth, that I had come to understand it.

As I floated in the murky darkness between life and death, I realised that up until now, I hadn;t even known the concept of it.

I wanted to scream but my mouth and voice refused to obey me as I lost control of my own body.

I felt the ice-cold touch on my throat, well what was left of the mangled flesh, spread downwards, throughout my wrecked and paralysed body, slowly healing me but bringing with it, an unforgiving cold that leeched the warmth and kindness from my bones, leaving nothing but coldness and emptiness.

As my body changed, memories flooded through my conscious. Loving memories of my brother and sister, whom I’d die before anything happened to them.

Sad memories of my parents, proudly watching me take my first step as a baby. I missed them so badly, it was a constant ache in my already pain-ridden body.

Joyful memories of my friends, hanging out, having fun and sharing hugs. I felt a sharp regret as I realized that they could be my friends no longer. Because of what I was now, what I was becoming.

Rage blossomed in the place where my heart once beat. An overwhelming feeling of hate and anger fed the pain as I flashbacked to the previous moments of my life and I watched Bon-bon kill me and infect me with her curse.

As everything around me faded and lost their meaning, I nurtured that ball of hate, eagerly anticipating the moment when I’d finally face her and make her pay for what she had done to me.

I watched as every word, every feeling and every gesture I had ever made, faded away into darkness, bringing with it a chance to start afresh.

As the old Applejack faded away, a new A.J rose from the ashes.

A harder, faster, tougher, colder A.J

A more powerful A.J

I revelled in my new found power, surging through my veins as the venom neared the end of its hateful work. It felt like I could travel the world in a single day, and do it again the next, and the next without exhaustion.

The old memories, once flowing fast and thick had dwindled to a slow trickle, and finally I witnessed my very last memory.

It was of me, standing in front of the Canterlot High School. I was surrounded by 6 other smiling girls in a big hug, each one of us bearing a bright and warm smile.

As I gazed upon this last memory, I decided to lock it away, in the deepest recesses of my dead heart, in memory of the friendships I now had to shun.

I had to get away from this place. Get away from my friends and family, before I could hurt them.

Author's Note:

Hey, guys!

Today I'm on fire, have been really updating the old story.

As always, hope you enjoy the story, and I hope as always you still enjoy this story.

As Applejack has now transformed into a Vampire her perspective color has changed to a darker orange.

Comments ( 2 )

Awesome! !! Sorry I didn't help you much... but FlutterJack seemed less cringy now you wrote this...
:pinkiehappy:

7364746
Well I'm sorry you don't enjoy this type of story. I would ask why you are on this site then, but that's not my business.
All I can say is, the story takes a dark turn.

Login or register to comment