• Published 20th Dec 2021
  • 912 Views, 3 Comments

Twilight's Nightmare Time - sakuralovelight



Twilight was having a magic lesson when her magic went out of control & teleported herself to the moon & was face to face with Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
0
 3
 912

Chapter 1

It was a sunny day in Canterlot and Princess Celestia was taking advantage of it with her student Twilight Sparkle inside the Royal Gardens. Today Princess Celestia thought that the young filly was ready to learn how to teleport. "Alright now after everything I said to you and showed you how to teleport. I want you to teleport from this spot to the rose bed over there can you do that Twilight?"

The young filly looked at the Princess and then at the rose bed before nodding her head. "I'll try my best Princess."

At hearing this Princess Celestia smiled. "That is all I ask you to do Twilight."

At that moment Twilight began to charge her horn and as she was about to teleport she lost control of her magic. Twilight was able to teleport but not were Princess Celestia had asked her to. Which made Celestia very worried and she began to frantically search for her student. "Twilight?...Twilight?!...Twilight!!!...Twilight where are you?!"

Meanwhile Twilight finally woke up and began to look around her surrounding. Only to see white, black, stars, and no life around her. Which as time past she began to become more scad by the second. "Hello is any pony here?! Can someone help me?!"

Just then a someone spoke behind her. "Who are you and what are you doing on the moon little filly?"

At the voice Twilight yup and trued around only to see the Mare in the moon, Nightmare Moon herself. Which the moment she saw Nightmare Moon, Twilight screamed and ran off as fast as she can. Leaving a very shocked Nightmare Moon and along until she snapped out of it and ran after the young filly. Which didn't take too long once Nightmare Moon used her magic to grab the young filly. "Now I'll ask again. Who are you and how by the moon we are on did you get here?"

At that moment Twilight began to cry which distorted Nightmare Moon because back when she was called Princess Luna children love her and she loved them. "Why are you crying?"

"Please don't eat me!"

At hearing this shocked Nightmare Moon. "I would never eat a child now where did you hear that?"

"Everyone know that you eat children it is a story that is told on Nightmare Night."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon was baffled at what she just heard. Because one she is an herbivore like her sister and any other pony for that matter. Second she loved children they always brought joy to her. So when this child somehow appear before her for the first time in almost 1000 years she thought she could be able to have that joy back even if it was for a short time. Only for said child to be scared of her and fear of being eaten by her. This just broke her heart and made her mad about this which made her want to get her hoof's on her sister believe that she was responsible for this nonsense that the child believed in. "Child I will say this once and only once so listen well. I do not eat children, I'm not even a carnivores I'm an herbivore. I don't even know were pony's get the idle of telling you children that?"

At hearing this Twilight looked up at Nightmare Moon. "Um... It might be the fact that you have very sharp teeth."

Nightmare Moon froze at hearing this and thought about it and at some point she started to lick her tongue on her teeth and made shire not to let Twilight see what she was doing. Only to realize that the young filly was right about her teeth. She didn't even notes that once since she transform from Princess Luna to Nightmare moon. Which caused her to feel guilty about wanting to attack Celestia for making up something when more than likely the teeth brought up this stupid rumor. "Okay my teeth may give some ponies the idle. But what is this Nightmare Night?"

At hearing this Twilight gave a nerves look before speaking. "Um... it’s a holiday that is when ponies dress up in costumes. On Nightmare Night we all stay up late at night doing many things. Children will go door to door to get free candy, but we have to give some of it up in hopes that you don't eat us."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon looked shocked one being that ponies stay up at night at least once a year. When the other was because that children give up candy in order to not get eaten by her. "Why would they do that when I'm stuck here?"

"Well the story goes that once a year you come down from the moon looking for ponies to eat. So we dress up so you don't know that we are ponies which would mean you won't eat us. But if we don't want to be eaten by you we give you some candy so you will get your fill and you no longer want to eat us and we be safe at lest till next year."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon started to laugh at hearing this. "That is really funny as I said I'm stuck up here, I don't get a night to leave the moon. If I get off this moon it will be for good wile little one."

At hearing this Twilight's mouth almost hit the ground her eye's wide. "You mean I could of kept all of my candy then?!"

Nightmare Moon giggled some more. "Yes...Yes you could have keep your candy."

At hearing this Twilight groaned. "I don't believe it, and I found out by Nightmare Moon herself, I bet others find out by their parents...! Wait is Santa Hoof real or is he not real?"

At hearing this Nightmare Moon looked at Twilight dead in the eye. "Now that is a treacly one to answer. You see he is really but yet not real."

"What do you mean?"

"You see the gifts are from him but ponies like your mom and dad who by now don't believe in him will think that they got the gift. Go ask Celestia she has tea with him the day after hearts worming."

At hearing this Twilight eyes got big yet again. "Really?"

"Really"

Meanwhile Princess Celestia was running around looking for Twilight. "Twilight! Twilight!! Twilight!!! Where are you?!"

Once the guards saw this they started to looked for Twilight as well. Soon Shining Armor and Candace joined in on the search for Twilight. “I hope Twilight is all right.”

“I’m sure she’s all right, Shining maybe she accidentally teleported to your parents’ house.”

“Maybe let’s go over to their house and take a look and if she’s not there will try don’t at Joe’s place.”

So the two lovebirds went over to Twilight and Shining’s home to take a look. While Celestia was still frantically looking around. “Come on Celestia think where could Twilight be? I’ve checked everywhere she would normally go on her own accord. So let’s just think about how random her magic can be at times. It would probably take her to one of her favorite topics, but at the same time take her to some place new. So that would be sweets, books, educational, or astronomy.”

Celestia thought about it for a moment. “She could be at sugar cube corner in Ponyvill. Or in one of those historical Museum she wanted me to take her. A new bookstore and now she is trying to figure out what books she wants me to get her when I finally find her. Which note to self might need to bring some bits just in case that’s true same if she ends up at a sweet shop. Or she could be in a planetarium or astronomy tower somewhere in Equestria.”

For a moment Celestia thought she may have figured out where she soon start looking as well is where she thought she should send the guards to start looking. But then her heart sank as one particular thought. “What happens if she’s not even in Equestria? Who knows what type of trouble she can get into! Not to mention how much political problem, I’m going to have to fix if that is true.”

So Celestia began frantically searching for Twilight once more back on the moon.

Nightmare Moon looked at the young filly. "So I'm going to ask again and for the last time. Who are you and what are you doing on the moon?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, student of Princess Celestia."

"CELESTIA?!"

At hearing Nightmare Moon shot Twilight began to get ready to make a run for it again. Which Nightmare Moon saw this and picked up Twilight in her magic and brought the young filly to her and began to hug her. "Oh you poor thing did she send you her for whatever reason?"

As Nightmare Moon was holding the young filly. She began thinking of many ways of torturing her sister when she finally gets off the moon. Because seriously, who in their right mind would send a young child to the moon in the first place. But as Nightmare Moon was holding Twilight . The young filly became confused as to why Nightmare Moon would think that. "Um...not really. She was teaching me how to teleport and when I tried to teleport I lost control of my magic again and I think that it made my teleport brought me here, somehow."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon was shocked at hearing this. "How in the wide world of Equestria could you teleport all the way here to the moon?"

At hearing this Twilight just shrugged her shoulders "I don't know the last time my magic went out of control I trend my parents into plants. Hatch a dragon egg made said baby dragon as big a full grown dragon. Levitate the ponies that were giving me my entrance exam for going to Princess Celestia's school. So I guess I can teleport all the way to the moon as well."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon's mouth almost hit the ground from hearing this. "You did what now?"

"I said..."

"No I heard you Twilight it is just I didn't see that coming is all."

For a while the two stayed quiet for a while not knowing what to do or say. That is until light came out of no where and as soon as the light was gone the two saw Celestia standing there. "Stupid! ...Stupid! Why didn't I think of using a tracker spell mix with my own teleportation spell at the same time? Now I just need to find Twilight and take her back Canterlot."

Once Celestia said that she began to look around only to see Twilight being hug by her sister. Which at that moment Celestia eyes widened and her mouth opened. "Twilight did you teleport from Canterlot all the way to the moon all by yourself on your first try? Or am I just having a wired dream and should be trying to waking up right now?"

At that that moment Nightmare Moon just began to speak. "Yes she did teleport all the way here dear sister, and no you’re not dreaming."

At hearing Nightmare Moon said that Celestia eyes widen and the she screamed out "LUNA!"

At hearing her old name Nightmare Moon gave a not too pleased look at her. "You know that I don't want to be called Luna anymore it is Nightmare Moon now."

At hearing this Twilight looked up at Nightmare Moon. "Why don't you want to be called Luna? I think the Luna is a very pretty name. Did you change your look as well? But why would you change your look? I bet you look just as if not more pretty then your name."

At hearing this both Celestia and Nightmare Moon wiped there head's towards Twilight eye's wide as dire plats. Nightmare Moon was the first to speak. "Do you really mean that?"

At hearing the question Twilight nodded her head. "Yep."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon began to blushed as she stated to place Twilight back on the ground and Celestia began to chuckled. Which made Nightmare Moon glare at her. "What is so funny? Are you saying that I didn't look pretty a 1000 years ago?"

"No that is not why I'm laughing. I'm laughing because of the look on your face pulse your blushing so much that it is showing though your black fear it looks so cute that I couldn't help but laugh."

At hearing Nightmare Moon blush turned into a brighter shade of red which made Celestia go into a full out laughter. "I'm sorry but I miss this and I missed you as well Luna."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon looked shocked. "You miss me?"

At that Celestia looked sad. "Of course I didn't even wanted to send you to moon. I used the elements of harmony in hopes of truing you back to normal but it back fired. I'm so sorry Luna."

At hearing this Nightmare Moon’s jaw was agape from the shock of hearing what Celestia said. (She didn’t want to get rid of me she was trying to save me? She had the best intentions for me, it all just backfired in her face? I’ve been mad at her for sending me to the moon for almost 1000 years now and it was all just some big mistake?! I’m really an idiot?)

"Your telling the truth you were trying to save me?"

At hearing Nightmare Moon's question Celestia gave her a sad smile. "Yes Luna I tried to save you with the elements of harmony and again I'm really sorry that I ended up sending you to the moon. As well as not seeing that you were feeling lonely I should of been more there for you."

At that moment Nightmare Moon started to cry which shocked both Celestia and Twilight. Soon after Celestia walked over to her sister and placed a wing onto Nightmare Moon's back. Which as soon as Celestia did so Nightmare Moon leans into her and keep on crying. Twilight just sat where she was placed watching the two sisters having a moment that the two haven't had for almost 1000 years. But soon after Twilight started to notes that Nightmare Moon was starting to change in her appendices. Nightmare fear was turning from black to an dark blue, her mean and tail trend from a purple to a night blue, her purple splatter spot by here cutey mart turned black. Nightmare Moon's sharp teeth were now normal and when she did open her eye's they no longer look like Spikes dragon eye's. Twilight could not help but stare and soon she bleated out something. "Pretty."

At hearing this the two princess looked at Twilight wondering what she was talking about that is until Celestia notes that Nightmare Moon was gone and instead Princess Luna was sitting next to hear. "Twilight is right you look very pretty as your true self and the whole Nightmare Moon look is not you."

At hearing this Luna was confused that is until some of her hair hit her face and saw the color had change. Shocked she look at the rest of her self to see that she some how switched backed to being her old self. "Okay that happen. Don't know how but it did."

At hearing that both Celestia and Twilight began to laugh and soon after Luna. As they started to calm down looked at the plaint before them. "So are you ready to go back to Equestria?"

Both ponies looked at her, Twilight looked happy when Luna was shocked? "Sister I don't think I'll be able to leave the moon?"

"Oh Luna haven't you notes that the power of harmony has left the moon ever since you trend back into your true self."

At hearing this Luna starting to feel the energy's around her only to feel that the power that was holding her on the moon was no longer there and her eye's widen in shock. "I can go home, I really can go home."

At hearing her sister saying this Celestia smiled at her. "Yes Luna you can come home now."

At that moment Twilight smiled and and started to jump around Celestia and Luna while yelling Yes over and over again. "Yes, Yes, YES!!!"

At seeing this the two sisters looked at Twilight and then looked at each other before started to laugh at the sight. Which caused Twilight to stop and tiled her head wondering what was so funny. Before Twilight could ask Celestia Spock. " As I said are you two ready to home now?"

At hearing this the two node there heads and Celestia power up her horn and teleported the three back to Equestria.

Comments ( 3 )

Short but sweet, it's a nice little story

11090205
Agreed! Plus it dosen't feel too rushed up.

Will this will completely alter the timeline now, what will be the reason for Twilight going to Ponyville now? Will Twilight make friends? Will Twilight ever use the elements of harmony? How will this affect the future of Equestria and the world?

Login or register to comment