• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 423 Views, 8 Comments

CMS: The Third Generation - RomanceWriter1



The high school adventures of two colts and three fillies searching for their destinies

  • ...
 8
 423

The Talent Show

Author's Note:

Alright, time for these friends to be in a talent show. What could possibly go wrong? Also, last chapter of this spin off

I don't own the lyrics of "The Magic Inside" from MLP FiM

The Talent Show

"What song should we sing together?" Starshine asked as she and Jacinto were looking through some pages for a song to perform.

They were at a music shop where there were bunch of instruments for them to play.

"Should we sing 'The Confrontation' from that play called 'Les Mares'?" Jacinto asked as he looked through a song book that said 'Les Mares'.

"Oh my stars, I love that song! It never leaves my head." Starshine replied with a smile and Jacinto blushed slightly.

"Okay, it's settled, let's practise this song at your home since Hugh will probably be at home, practising his song," Jacinto replied and he gestured for Starshine to follow him.

"I wonder what song Hugh is going to sing."

Hugh looked through all the song books that he had stashed away in a secret compartment on the floor and not even Jacinto suspected it.

"What song should I choose?" Hugh asked himself as he looked through the books in a panic.

"I think I'll sing 'The Magic Inside' by Countess Coloratura, that'll probably make Poppy proud."

He opened the book to the song and read the lyrics. He cleared away the other books back into the compartment.

"What are you doing, son?" Bromley asked as he stood in the doorway and gave a small smile.

"I'm in a talent show in a few days and I chose a song to sing. Do you know anypony that can play the piano?" Hugh responded with the same smile as Bromley's.

His dad gave a small chuckle.

"Why don't I teach you on how to play the song and sing at the same time?" Bromley said and Hugh's red eyes lit up with excitement.

"You can do that? Thanks, Dad!" Hugh said with a yell then trotted up to Bromley and jumped at him to give him a tight hug.

"Come, let's get to the piano down in the soundproof basement and get some practise done." Bromley said and they walked to the basement to practise.

Poppy sat in her bedroom, thinking of what song to dance to for the school talent show. She looked through her collection of CDs and came across the album that had the song "Razzle Dazzle".

"Well, this is the catchiest song that Countess Coloratura has done even though it's short, I shall dance to it," Poppy said to herself and she put the album onto her desk.

"I might as well, play it three times and keep on dancing then walk offstage."

She opened her CD player, put the CD in and fiddled with the buttons until it got to the song that she wanted. As the song started, Poppy did dance moves that involved whipping her black mane about and a few backflips and the dance moves that backup dancers would've done.

At Moonlight's home, Moonlight went to her bedroom and turned all the lights off and shut the curtains until it was pitch black. She then focused on her magic and then the room start to brighten and some magic that looked like fireworks about to explode, just flew around and did tiny explosions. Moonlight then turned the lights back on and she was panting with excitement and exhaustion.

"So that must be what my talent is, make things bright and if a power cut happens, then I will be useful for a source of light." Moonlight said with a smile and she jumped up and down in excitement.

"Alright, I'm ready, Mum and Dad!" Bubble called as her parents stood outside the house and she looked at the flaming hoop that she was going to try and fly through.

"Are you sure that you want to this, honey?" Elizabeth asked with concern and she gave a look of it.

"Mum, I have to prove to everypony that I am brave and rebellious and they may like me. Jacinto, possibly..." Bubble replied with confidence and when she mentioned Jacinto, it turned into a dreamy voice.

"Sweetheart, would the teachers not allow you to do this sort of thing?" Daredevil responded with the same tone as his wife's.

"It's a talent show, Dad!" Bubble screamed and she got her wings ready.

She then flapped them really fast, she got to the flaming hoop and flew straight through without a burn on her wings or anywhere on her body.

"That was amazing! You're just like your dad now!" Daredevil exclaimed and his jaw was hanging open as was Elizabeth's.

"Of course I am, Dad! I can feel the rush going through me now!" Bubble squealed and she gave her best look of pride.

"I'm ready for the talent show!"

A few days later, it was nighttime and the school had a sign saying "Coltland High School Talent Show!". All the relatives, parents and grandparents of the students that would be performing, all walked in and sat down at their seats in the assembly hall. Moonlight, Bubble, Hugh, Jacinto, Starshine, Poppy and Spar, looked from behind the curtains with anticipation and nervousness.

"I am so nervous, I hope I don't mess up." Starshine responded with a shaky voice.

"Don't worry, Star, you'll be fine as long as I am by your side." Jacinto said with a reassuring voice and he put his hoof on her shoulder.

"Mares and gentlecolts!" the principal announced and everypony stopped talking and listened.

"Tonight, we have seven foals who are going to perform for us today. Let's welcome our first contestant. Hugh, who is going to sing and play the piano for us."

Everypony clopped their hooves together. Hugh walked out onto the stage, set up the ivory piano and sat down at it as he was prepared to sing.

He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to sing:

"I'm here to show you who I am

Throw off the veil, it's finally time

There's more to me than glitz and glam, oh-whoa

And now I feel my stars align

For I had believed what I was sold

I did all the things that I was told

But all that has changed, and now I'm bold

'Cause I know"

Hugh then started to sing with more passion:

"That I am just a pony

I make mistakes from time to time

But now I know the real me

And put my heart out on the line

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

Just like the magic inside of you"

While he continued the song, something fell from the ceiling and it smashed the piano to pieces. Hugh stared at it with shock and sadness and everything went quiet. He then walked offstage with his head hung low and the others just stared at him.

"What the hay just happened?" Bubble asked with concern and they didn't notice that Spar was looking around nervously.

"Alright, colts and fillies, I have no idea what just happened there but let's hope it won't happen again. Starshine, Jacinto, you two are up next." the principal said and he gave a reassuring smile.

The principal did the same announcement and Starshine and Jacinto walked onto the stage, got their microphones ready on the stands. Jacinto sang the first verse of the song and with a look of encouragement, Starshine started to sing the next verse until a spotlight shone on her and she gasped then galloped offstage, crying and Jacinto went after her. The memories of her bullying flashed before her eyes and it was when she was still in Prassia. In a class, she was told to go to the front of the class and sing a song that the teacher chose. Before Starshine could sing the first line, one of the bullies made fun of her by mocking her and she cried in front of the class.

"Alright, whoever did this, it isn't funny!" Jacinto demanded in anger with Starshine walking beside him as she wiped her eyes with tissues and continued crying.

Bubble looked around nervously with her gold eyes and no pony gave her a suspicious or angry look.

"Alright, Poppy, you're on." the principal said and Poppy nodded and trotted to the stage.

She signalled for the song to play and she did the dance moves that she practised at home. When the song was played the third time, some liquid was thrown on the stage and Poppy slipped on it and landed on her forelegs and she felt pain go through them. She turned to the audience and looked for her mum but couldn't find her anywhere. She had seen her at the front earlier but she was now gone. Poppy limped off the stage and she went to a corner, covered her face with her forelegs.

"Poppy, what's the matter?" Hugh asked and he sat beside her and put his foreleg around her shoulders.

"I slipped on that stage and I think I did it in front of my mum because when I looked to the crowd, my mum was nowhere to be seen. Now she'll never love me." Poppy responded in a choked voice and she sniffed then wiped her nose.

"What are you talking about?" Hugh asked with the same calm voice he had.

"You've never mentioned your mum to any of us before."

"My mum and I... never talk to each other. My dad died a few months before I was born and my mum has never said that I'm a blessing and she's never wanted me. I wouldn't know why she doesn't just give me up to the orphanage if she doesn't want me." Poppy responded with sadness and anger in her voice.

"Bubble, you're up next. I've got the props and equipment all set up." the principal said and Bubble nodded then trotted to the stage.

Bubble got her wings ready and she flew through the flaming hoop a few times.

Everypony gasped with anticipation and nervousness. She was then going to try and spin through the hoop but when she was about to, the hoop then fell and the stage got set on fire. Everypony screamed and panicked and ran out of the assembly hall as the other teachers went to go and get the fire extinguishers to stop the flames from getting any further. Everypony got outside and Spar, Poppy, Bubble, Moonlight, Starshine, Jacinto and Hugh stood at some trees.

"I'm sorry, Poppy, for ruining your performance." Moonlight said in an apologetic voice and the others gasped with shock.

"I'm sorry, Bubble, for ruining your flaming hoop stunt I never meant for that to happen." Starshine said in a shy voice.

"You could've killed us all in there!" Moonlight yelled and Starshine widened her eyes and took a step back.

"I'm sorry, Hugh, for ruining your piano and singing performance. You did sound really good." Spar said in shame and Hugh just shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Starshine, with that spotlight." Bubble said with sadness.

"Thanks to you, it reminded me of when I was laughed at in my class back in Prassia. I was going to sing but I never got to." Starshine said in an angered voice and she sat down and crossed her forelegs.

"Look, let's calm down and forgive each other for what had happened." Hugh said calmly and he got in between his friends and gave them stern looks and they all nodded.

"I guess our competitiveness got the better of us." Moonlight said with a smile and they all laughed a little.

"What we have learned is that, when it comes to competing, don't worry about winning or who wins, as long as you are having fun." Starshine explained with bravery and all the friends joined into a group hug.

"Let's get back to our parents." Spar suggested and they all nodded.

They got their mums, dads and relatives and everypony gasped and pointed at Hugh and Starshine's flanks.

They both turned around to see their cutie marks.

"We got our cutie marks! They both mean our talent is singing!" the two foals squealed in delight and they gave each other a hug.

"Can Poppy stay at our house tonight?" Hugh asked with pleading eyes at Dahlia and Bromley.

They both nodded and Hugh gave Poppy a tight hug.

The next morning, Jacinto was out planting some flowers in the back garden while his parents, Hugh and Poppy were out in the town. He spotted some other seeds near him and they were named 'Hyacinth' flowers. He took out a few of the seeds, planted them into the soil and watered them.

"Hey, Jacinto!" Bubble called and he turned to see her, walking slowly towards him with a nervous expression.

"I have two things to tell you."

"What would they be?" Jacinto asked with a tilt of his head.

"First of, you have your cutie mark and secondly..." Bubble replied nervously and she took a deep breath.

"I'm... in... love with you. I always have been." Jacinto stood still and had his jaw hanging open a little.

He also loved her too.

Even though he had a crush on Starshine before, she was now with Dribble, Bubble was then the only one left that he loved the most.

"I'm in love with you too." Jacinto said and she just squealed quietly to herself, tackled him to the ground and gave him a kiss on the lips.

When they finished, they stared up at each other with smiles in their face expressions and their eyes.

"How about we have a date at Valentina's bakery? About 3 o'clock?" Bubble asked and she gave a tiny giggle.

"I'd like that." Jacinto replied then she gave him a wink and she skipped off.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment