• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 423 Views, 8 Comments

CMS: The Third Generation - RomanceWriter1



The high school adventures of two colts and three fillies searching for their destinies

  • ...
 8
 423

Lonely

Lonely

It was the weekend when Hugh woke up earlier than he usually did and he galloped down the stairs and tried to eat his breakfast quickly but he was told by his mum, Dahlia and Jacinto to slow down.

"What are you so excited for, Hugh?" Dahlia asked with a smile as she sat down opposite him at the table.

"I'm going to spend the day with a new friend!" Hugh replied with excitement and he got back to eating his scrambled eggs.

"Aww, that's so sweet, darling." Dahlia responded with a smile and she took a sip of her grape juice and smacked her lips with delight and she licked them.

"Since when did you get a new friend?" Jacinto asked with betrayal and shock in his voice.

"Yesterday, after I finished the school therapy session," Hugh responded with a smile and he finished his scrambled eggs and grape juice then he got off his seat. "My, my, I should get going and meet up with them."

"But, we were going to be planting some flowers at Mum's flower shop today and work on our homework." Jacinto said with a sad and angered voice and he had he urge to stomp the table with his front hooves.

"Don't worry, we'll do that tomorrow, okay?" Hugh responded with a reassuring voice and smile then he walked out the door with Jacinto staring back at his brother with betrayal.

Jacinto walked slowly across the street with his head hanging low and he looked around to see everypony else so happy. He sighed and walked up to Starshine's home and knocked on the door slowly. It took a moment and Starshine opened the door and her dark purple eyes widened.

"Oh, Jacinto, I didn't expect to see you here." Starshine said with a smile and a slight blush then for some reason, she looked behind her in nervousness.

"Will you be able to come and hang around for a while?" Jacinto asked with a grin.

Before she could give an answer, a colt came from behind her and stood there. Jacinto instantly recognised them.

"Who is it, Star?" Dribble asked and Jacinto widened his eyes and felt sadness, heartbreak and betrayal go through to his chest.

"Oh it's just Jacinto. Sorry, I can't play right now. Dribble and I were just going to a movie." Starshine said and the two walked out of the door and walked to where the movie theatre was.

She then looked back at Jacinto and mouthed "I'm sorry" to him then turned away and looked at Dribble.

Jacinto then walked over to Moonlight's home and knocked on the door.

She then opened the door and gave a smile.Her mane was tied in a plait like Colleen's as was her tail. They both had long dark blue ribbons. Was she also going somewhere?

"Oh, hi, Jacinto, what can I do for you?" Moonlight asked with the same smile on her face.

Jacinto asked the same question that he asked Starshine and her eyes widened.

"Oh, I can't, I'm going off to the ice rink with Skater. He asked me and I said that I would go." Moonlight responded in an apologetic voice and she hung her head down.

"Oh, okay." Jacinto said with a sad voice and he slowly walked away without looking back at her.

The last house he had to go to was Bubble's and he hoped that she had no plans with somepony else. He arrived and knocked on the door and Daredevil opened the door.

"Hi, is Bubble here?" Jacinto asked and Daredevil gave a sigh.

"Bubble has... come... down with the flu. We... aren't allowing guests at the moment." Daredevil responded with nervousness and he then closed the door.

Jacinto trotted slowly all the way home, went upstairs to his bedroom, laid down on his bed and buried his face into one of the pillows he used.

"Jacinto, are you okay, son?" Bromley asked and he sat beside him and put his hoof on his son's back.

Jacinto shook his head as he still had his face buried into the pillow.

"No pony can even come and play with me today because of plans and Hugh made a new friend and we had plans to do homework and plant some flowers at Mum's shop." Jacinto replied as his voice was muffled by the pillow and he sounded like he was crying.

"Why don't you go to Valentina's bakery? A tasty treat should cheer you up." Bromley said with a smile and Jacinto lifted his head the hugged his dad and galloped out the door and went outside.

He was about to walk into the bakery until from the corner of his eye, he saw Hugh, Poppy, Spar and Bubble talking and eating baked treats and Jacinto pressed against the window and looked at them with sadness, betrayal and anger. Bubble looked from the corner of her eye and the expression on her face made it look like that she knew that she was in trouble.

Author's Note:

A Jacinto based chapter for once!