• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 622 Views, 10 Comments

The Rainbow Factory: Fall from Grace - NightmareTRXY32



The rainbow factory comes under new management, Somepony from Twilight's past comes back for payback too. Im making this a spin off Rather than a sequel to RF. I dont agree with the way RD's Character was portrayed, too OOC to me.

  • ...
16
 10
 622

What Did I do to end up here[Derpy POV]

Derpy still couldn't understand what had caused her employer to send her back to flight school. She had actually improved alot despite the way her eyes were. She had even gotten a stallion friend, So she thought thinks were on the up and up. But she still scratched her blonde mane, trying to think why it happened in the first place.

Her mind flashed back to that day.

"I'm not that bad a flyer", Derpy told herself when no pony else was around.

Why did my boss send me there, was it rigged to cause me to fail, I thought to myself. I wasn't that bad, in fact I had come a long ways from when I was a filly in Cloudsdale. Heck I was there when Rainbow Dash first pulled off that sonic Rainboom of hers. Everpony there was really impressed she had that much faith in herself to do it, and all because her friend Fluttershy was being bullied by Hoops and Dumbbell. I should know, They picked on me every chance they could get. It was a little odd for me though, they stopped when a Mysterious alicorn approached them and told them to knock it off. She was about half of Celestia's size, but her coat was lavender, and she seemed like she was searching for somepony when she found them bullying me.

That was the last time I saw her. I never got the chance to thank her. Those two left me alone and went to pick on Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash sure taught them a lesson, though. Too bad they kept at it with the next fillies that would come along. It did shock me later in life when I found out they worked at the Rainbow Factory. Apparently, during Dash's brief stint as Overmare, those two would see first hoof how frightening she could be if you crossed her.

From I had heard I was a little surprised that she didn't throw them into the Pegasus Device to make an example out of them. After all they would of made great Spectra. What else I had heard was that Scootaloo's berating of Dash had caused the Rainbow maned pegasus to snap out of it and realize she was about to kill her 'honorary sister'. That was something she could not bring herself to do. She loved her like a daughter. So she found a way sneak her out and temporarily erase Scootaloo's memory. She didn't want her to remember her like that.

But that was a month before I ended up there, and even then Dash couldn't bring herself to kill me, nor Scootaloo apparently. She had been expected to process the orange filly after she had failed her flight test the first time around. It seemed that whoever was in charge now was rushing the processing of Spectra, and being negligent with the After Reports that were sent to the Princess.

Whoever it was, wasn't very good maintaining the plant either way. Not only were the After Reports late, several of the lower level workers were threatening to shut the machine down themselves if it ever came to it. They were growing disillusioned with what they were asked to do, and one of them actually tried to help several other fillies escape. The new Overmare asked to see them in her office to work out a compromise. Their bodies were removed some time later, faint traces of magic had been detected around their necks.

She had strangled them to death with a magic field that was seen was described was being crimson red. The only time I could recall something else like that occurring in all my life was when that show mare Trixie had come to town wanting to get revenge on Twilight. She had sought out the Alicorn Amulet as her means of doing so. Once again Twilight put her in her place. There was no way she was the new overmare, was she?

I found myself running through the building, trying to find any window or door that was unlocked.. I had to get out of here I thought to myself. I needed to report this to the first that came to my mind, and that pony was Princess Twilight. I wasn't sure if she'd believe me when I told her that Rainbow Dash had tried to kill me but stopped herself in the end. .I had to run. As I neared the end of the hallway, I saw my escape route, and the pony that was blocking it.

Rainbow Dash.

I turned to my side and pulled my left front hoof back until I had balled it into a fist. And lunged towards Dash, my attempt forced her to lose her balance as my left hoof connected with her jaw, sending her backwards. She stayed there, stunned, as I kicked the door open to fly myself Towards Twilight's Castle of Friendship. She needed to hear what I had to say. She had to know what in Tartarus was going on in that place. I glanced back to see Dash shut the door, her eyes returning to their magenta color. What ever I had done snapped the cyan colored pegasus back to reality.

I couldn't help it, it wasn't like my eyes were this way on purpose. It was just how they were when i was born. I tried to get them corrected once when I was younger, but we found out that my parents couldn't afford it in the long run, so they gave up trying to get them corrected. Dr. Whooves found them interesting in some way. I knew next to nothing about him, except that he keeps going on about how I remind him of somepony he knew where he used to live. Somepony by the name of Rose Tyler. That was an odd way to name a pony. But then again, so was naming somepony Seafood Dinner. That pony was an odd one at that. Always kept going on about how there were,"People watching her through an invisible screen and that they'd react to a fictional show about talking ponies,".

That's no worse then naming their filly or colt ACRacebest, SaberSpark, or Firebrand. Of course there were always tons of other names they could pick that would be or more or less interest.

Author's Note:

Anyone who reads this will get what I'm referencing at the end of the chapter XD.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment