• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 622 Views, 10 Comments

The Rainbow Factory: Fall from Grace - NightmareTRXY32



The rainbow factory comes under new management, Somepony from Twilight's past comes back for payback too. Im making this a spin off Rather than a sequel to RF. I dont agree with the way RD's Character was portrayed, too OOC to me.

  • ...
16
 10
 622

Ascension

FINALLY. HAHAHA! I finally found where you hid my amulet Celestia. NOW ALL SHALL KNOW THE TRUE POWER OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL QUEEN REGENT TRIXIE!! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!.

Trixie had finally one upped twilight this time around. She had bested Trixie two times before. First with the Ursa Incident, and again during their 2nd magic duel. But this time would be different. This time it would be Trixie who comes out on top. And it would be Trixie that would force Celestia to step down from power and install her as Queen Regent of the Realm. OR so she continued to think. Trixie forget that with the Alicorn Amulet, its power also corrupted its user. She had tried friendship, it didnt suit her interests at all. She needed to time things just right as to not let them suspect what she was planning.

Entry 3: Twilight. I need to make her understand why i did what i did to Scootaloo. She just wont stop glaring at me. i.. i.. I cant that look much longer. She has to realize i still love her. I'd never do anything to her, why Celestia, WHY DID YOU PUT ME IN THIS POSITION? This place is killing me inside. Its like my soul is being devoured on a daily basis, to the point where all i am is a empty shell of a mare. I hate you... I HATE YOU CELESTIA. YOU HERE ME?? I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trixie's Office at the Factory

Trixie was just coming out to the reception room when she saw Twilight, Luna, and a grey mailmare standing at the enterance to the Factory. Well well, she thought to herself. If it isnt that insignificant bookworm and Princess of the Night. This might be easier than i thought She could tell that hadnt noticed her presence as of yet. And that they were chastising Rainbow Dash for some reason. Then around the corner came Celestia.

" Luna, Twilight, what are you both doing here?", the Princess asked with some concern. Had they found out what goes on here Celestia thought for a moment. And if so, how could she explain it without sounding soulless. Then it hit her, did they know what she had done for TRIXIE?! And if so, how would if affect Twilight given those' twos' history together.

Entry 4: Twilight, why.. why did you have to come here of all places. I never wanted you to see what goes on here. I know what you'd think of me if you found out that your former mentor was responsible for a Nightmare like this. Of what this place represents and the activities that go on in the bowls of this Factory. why.. why did you have to drag my only sister into this investigation of yours. I hope that one day you can forgive me for hiding this from you. I love you like a daughter Twilight. I never wanted to hurt you like this.

Entry 5: Celestia... What drove you to create this place my sister? How long have you hidden this from me? I can't imagine the horrors that go on here. If the rumors ive heard since my return were true, then seeing where the colors for the rainbows dsigusts me more than anything else. OF the the horrors i commited during my time as Nightmare Moon, for my own flesh and blood, my own sister to have commissioned a facility like this, tis unimaginable. I can never forgive you for this travesty you've commited against our subjects Celestia, never.

Celestia could tell by the look on Twilight's face that she'd never forgive Celestia for hiding this from her. Not even a thousand years would come close to her forgiving her former mentor. Twilight just stood there with the most wounded look on her face. it was too much for Rainbow Dash to handle. The cyan colored pegasus flexed her wings and flew off as fast as she could, leaving the others in shock, especially Celestia.

"RAINBOW DASH GET BACK HERE!" Celestia shouted in a Canterlot voice.

Rainbow Dash ignored her and kept flying. Twilight then stretched out her wings, and proceeded to give chase. It didnt take her long to catch up to Rainbow Dash, as the Pegasus had landed on a white cloud and had the most heart broken look on her face. She had a journal open and was writing something in it. Rainbow Dash looked at Twilight and handed her the book. Apparently Dash had hidden the book here as means to keep track of what was happening to her, and a daily log of the goings on at the Factory.

Twilight couldnt believe what she was reading. She also couldnt help but feel bad for immidiately judging Rainbow Dash without letting her tell her side of the story. She kept reading.

Entry 5 of Rainbow Dash's Journal: I hate myself, i hate myself for what i did to Scootaloo, and i hate myself for not telling Twilight. I dont want her to think im a monster. She's the only other mare ive ever truly loved. i dont want to lose her because of this. Dam you Celestia I want you to rot in Tartarus for creating that Nightmare of a Factory. Did you ever think that no one would find out about it? Did you even realize that Scootaloo wasnt just another failed pegasi, but that she was also my friend, adopted sister, and my adopted daugther?? DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT???

Twilight walked over to where Rainbow Dash was sitting on the cloud, and hugged her.

"Why didn't you just come to me, dear?" she said with no traces of anger.

"I wouldnt of ignored you like you were thinking Rainbow," Twilight told her Pegasus marefriend.

"I wasnt sure if you'd listen," Rainbow Dash expressed herself to Twi.

"Why would't i?" Twily looked at Rainbow Dash, somewhat puzzled.

"Maybe i jumped the gun a bit in think that, I just didn't know where else to turn Twilight," Rainbow almost cried as she said this to her 'friend'.

Twilight could tell that it was hard for her to let the words she wanted to say, flow from her lips. Twilight convinced her to come back to the Facility and to let Luna see the Journal that RD had been keeping. Rainbow Dash dried the tears from her face and returned with Twilight to face the music.

Entry #6 of Rainbow Dash's Journal : Celestia forgave me for running off like that. Verbally she did. But I can't face Scootaloo, not now. Not after what i tried to do to her. I was tasked with Running the Facility for the longest time, and when i found out she had failed the flight test, failed me, i was utterly broken inside. In end though, according to Twilight's reasoning, i made the correct moral choice. I was almost ready to throw myself into one of those god forsaken machines, just to end it all. I.... almost killed my own 'sister'. How in Celestia's name am i expected to go back to acting like nothing really happened. And now Trixie is in Charge. hehe, at least now if someone screws up its on her.
No. I need to see Scootaloo, i need her to know how much it killed me inside to be forced to do that to her.

The song in her head kept repeating itself over and over. It was the same song she heard in her nightmares.

The tears of the broken was away my soul.
I stoked the fire
seen more than you know
pushed by desire
to were my stream will flow
i do my best to block out the screams...

Rainbow Dash looked around until she found Scootaloo at the CMC's clubhouse. Sweetie belle and Applebloom were helping her recover, when they heard something outside. They looked out to see Rainbow Dash by the railing, crying. They turned around and told Scootaloo that RD was outside, and she looked really sad. Scootaloo got up and went outside to confront her 'idol'. What she saw surprised her. RD was indeed crying, and talking to herself, while Scootaloo just watched her. She could make out the words, while trying to keep RD from seeing her fully.

I stoked the fire
Seen more than you know
Pushed by Desire
To where my stream will flow
My life is not as if seems
should i take my chances at freedom
throw my transgressions away
should i block out the screams
that are haunting me in my dreams

"Rai... Rainbow Dash?," She turned to see Scootaloo sitting next to her. Scoots had the most sorrowful, yet forgiving look RD had ever seen. Scootaloo put her hooves around RD's waist and hugged as tight as she could.

"Scoots..", RD trailed off, she turned around and hugged her 'sister' back. She knew she could never truly do anything to hurt her.

Rainbow Dash's Journal Entry 6: I am never abandoning her. Not now, not ever. I dont care anymore if she fails her Flight Test. I know she gave it her best. All that she can do is take the time to get better and take it again later down the road. Because in the end she's my 'sister' and you never abandon family.

Now Ive Awoken
And im Taking back Control
Friendship surrounds me
Now i'm becoming a part of you.....

Back in Canterlot Twilight went to go visit Trixie in her new 'accomodations'. When she entered the Prison Trixie's cell was the third one from the door. It had been modified to emit an anti magic field that speficly prevented Trixie from using magic, and had been created by Twilight in those regards. As she stood at the enterance to the cell Trixie turned to see her rival glaring at her. Twilight's eyes shone at her like 2 lavender tinted daggers. As Trixie stared back she started to feel something around her neck. A purple and black aura formed and she started to feel light headed. She came to the shocking realization that Twilight was using her magic to choke the life from her.

As Trixie blacked out, Twilight released the spell and let the Azure coated mare fall to the floor. As the purple Alicorn walked away, she turned back and spat something at Trixie.

" Your'e lucky i'm not as sadistic as somepony like Sombra, or you'd be dead right now." She spat those words as she walked away from the Prison cell. Twilight had nearly been tricked into falling in love with Sombra several years ago and it almost cost her everything she held dear. She nearly killed the ones she loved because she blinded by the false devotion the tyrant had shown her. Before she left the prison block another 'inmate' taunted her for being lenient on Trixie.

" For all the magic you put into that, your'e still just a timid little do gooder," the voice had a slight droning sound to it. She turned to look Queen Chrysalis right in the muzzle. She had no idea that only months ago Princess Luna had tracked down the CHangeling Queen and arrested her for crimes against the ponies of Equestria. It had been almost 7 or more years since the Changeling invasion during Cadence and Shining Armor's wedding. Twilight just stared at her.

The Changeling Queen looked... broken, disheveled, almost beaten down. The luster in her mint green mane was gone and looked almost sickly. Twilight also noticed that her frame was thinner, with her rib cage nearly showing. For the first time ever Twilight truly felt sorry for Chrysalis. Her empire was now without a ruler for the first time in over century. Not much was known about the Hive. The few expeditions that had sent over the course of 4 decades had never returned. As the queen turned back to stare the purple alicorn down, she saw that Twilight had extended her hoof and placed it through the bars of the cell. Chrysalis wasn't sure what it ment, but she decided to put her left hoof forward and touch Twilight's.

Twilight gave an order to the Guard monitoring to let her in there to inspect the prisoner, and the stallion hesitantly replied by openning the cell door. Twilight stepped in , and kissed Chryalis on the mouth. The queen could feel the love radiate out from Twilight and fill her every pore. She locked one hoof around Twilight's neck and held her in the embrace for a bit longer before finally letting go.

"I hope that was enough to last you," Twilight said as she looked lovingly at Chrysalis.

" Yes, i believe it will," The Queen raptured, " but why Twilight? I thought you despised me for what i did to your brother." Chrysalis mused as Twilight walked back out of the cell.

"Because, i'm not really mad at you for that, in fact i think soon after i secretly fell in love with you." The Purple alicorn smirked as she walked away. She knew she'd be back soon to give 'Chryssi' some more affection. Chrysalis couldn't believe what she heard. Twilight Sparkle was in love with me? As strange as that sounded to her, it did bring a soft smile to her face.

Author's Note:

This is a work progress atm , trying to do the best i can with it. I added some more context in the first chapter if anyone wants to check that out. I have an interesting premise in this story that i hope will surprise everyone at the end.