• Published 14th Apr 2016
  • 905 Views, 18 Comments

Gaming Is Magic - Critic Aria Blaze



After the events of Battle of Bands the Dazzlings are now enrolled in Canterlot High. But Aria is still struggling with the whole nice girl kind of thing. Till she helps Sunset Shimmer tour sound new guys to the school and there a bit crazy.

  • ...
11
 18
 905

Truth and Domination

“I’m not sure if I'm going to get used to these sleep over things” Aria said flipping through one of Pinkie's magazines. The girls again spent another night at Pinkie Pies, but it was the weekend which gave them more free time.

Sonata looked over Aria’s shoulder to look on with her, “I think they're fun every time” Sonata said smiling at Aria.

Sunset and Adagio were playing a videogame with Applejack and Rainbow Dash. It was a simple fighting style arcade game with Sunset and Adagio on a team against Rainbow and Applejack. Sunset was trying her best she could teach Adagio how to play. Even though Adagio was trying to take in all the information in the end she was quickly getting a headache.

“I don't get it”, Adagio said with a droll in her voice. “And now my head hurts”. Adagio was rubbing her forehead as though that was soothing the pain.

“You need to press these buttons like this in this order”, Sunset showed Adagio on her controller. She just simply looked down at hers and back at Sunset and sighed.

Rarity and Fluttershy watched the four girls playing their video game. As she was watching Fluttershy was also writing in her note journal new songs that she hoped to play in the band once they were done. When she thought they need to be looked at she would then hand it to Rarity to look over which she did several times. Rarity though noticed Pinkie was on her laptop this whole time watching videos and laughing. She was giggling up a storm.

“Pinkie dear what is so funny that you're watching?”, Rarity crept closer toward Pinkie to see what she was doing. Pinkie then turned to Rarity still giggling a bit.

“Those guys we're friends with at school have that video channel they mentioned and I watched a couple of their videos their really funny”, she then turned back to her laptop skimming through the video list.

Rarity looked on with Pinkie smiling a little, then laughing a bit at some parts here and there. “Well the way they act doesn't changed from how they are at school”, Rarity continued watching with Pinkie.

All of this finally caught Adagio’s attention she turned to Pinkie ignoring the game she was playing. “What did you say?”, Adagio said as she dropped her controller. Couple moments later Sunset dropped her controller as she flung her arms up in the air in frustration at that moment since she lost to Rainbow and Applejack with no help from Adagio.

“Is that the YouTube thing that Skully guy was trying to explain to Sonata?”, Aria finally looked up from the magazine.

“The what tube thing?”, Sonata said with a confused look doing a couple double takes.

Aria rolled her eyes, “never mind I’m not even going to bother”.

Pinkie looked at Adagio smiling, “want to watch with me?”.

Adagio nodded, “sure why not ”.

The rest of the girls continued doing things together. Fluttershy was still writing in her journal while Aria and Sonata took turns being on Sunset Shimmer team on the game. Even though she didn’t admit it, Aria was enjoying the fighting videogame. Soon though everyone was beginning to notice Pinkie, Rarity and Adagio were all giggling together at what they we're watching. Before they even knew it everyone and the sleepover gathered around to watch the funny videos till they went to bed.

The everyone woke up next morning had their breakfast and then deciding what to do. The whole weekend was still ahead of them so they had plenty of time. Throwing ideas around Rarity thought the mall was a good idea. Everyone agreed and the girls got themselves ready and headed out to the mall. Once the they finally made to it the mall parking lot they began deciding on where to shop first.

“Aria needs more clothes anyways all she has is punkish clothes”, Sonata said as they approached the mall doors. Aria shot her a glare but Sonata continued smiling.

“Well I think it's a great idea for ya’ll to get new clothes lil change of style maybe?”, Applejack said giving Aria a smile. Aria brushed off the suggestion as they filed into the mall.

Everyone one had I idea of where to start and began pointing out which store to begin shopping at…..especially for Aria. As the girls walked glancing at different stores Adagio noticed a store that seemed familiar it her. She stopped to stare at the sign as she pondered why it’s name caught her attention. The rest of the group back tracked to Adagio to look at the sign as well.

“Oh oh oh this is ah ah…...umm?”, Sonata was blabbering nonsense jumping up and down and snapping her fingers trying to find the words. Aria stood next to Sonata smiling and put her hand on her shoulder as though pulling her back down to the floor before she flew away.

“It's video game store Sonata”, Aria said sarcastically patting her on the back, “But at least you tried that's what counts”.

Sonata stuck her tongue out jokingly at Aria. Pinkie looked at the sign for a bit then her eyes widened, “This is the one the guys go too” Pinkie said smiling. Adagio realized she was right then nodded “Ha!...That’s why it seemed so familiar!”, She said turning to Sunset who was giving her a smile as she said “I’m sure that's why it's so familiar”.

Rainbow Dash tilted her head giving a odd look to Pinkie. “The guys….what are you talking about?”, Rainbow said scratching the back of her head.

Before Pinkie, Adagio, Sonata or anyone could speak, a voice rang out from the store that got all the girls attention. As they walked into the game store they saw the cashier covering face as they saw games being tossed around the store. Then they heard the voice again.

“Oh nevermind…”, Rainbow Dash said as she saw where it was coming from.

“You know I honestly don't care….I mean….I’m super upset but I don't care”, they saw a very flustered Goldie walking from aisle to aisle picking up a game of the shelf looking at it for a second then tossing it in the air while a very tired and aggravated Skully followed close behind him catching the tossed games.

“Oh I couldn't tell Goldie that you didn't care”, Skully said with a groan catching another game Goldie briefly looked at then tossed.” It never occurred to me”.

Fluttershy saw the upset cashier and broke from the group of girls to talk to the cashier feeling bad for him. That didn’t last long when she saw the cute pet games and quickly got distracted.

Rarity looked at Sunset and Adagio folding her arms, “Well this looks like a quite the mess” Rarity said looking at Goldie shifting between the aisles. “I do wonder whats got him acting like this though”, Rarity said fixing her hair as she watched the two boys.

“Well Umbro moved outa town and he never told us he just booked it”, Tucker said standing next to Rarity.

Rarity let out small screech from not realizing Tucker was next to her the whole time. Rainbow Dash wandered around the action games section before turning to her friends and Tucker.

“So how long this blow up gonna last?”, Rainbow said before turning back to picking out a game she liked.

Tucker smiled then reached into his pocket pulling out a coin. He then lifted the coin in the air held between two of his fingers and faced Goldie before flicking it straight at him. The coin struck Goldie in the back of the head immediately stopping his rant. Walking out of the aisle, Goldie looked around for the person who hit him. His face went from flustered to pale though the minute he saw the girls from school.

Aria looked at Tucker smiling grimly, “Well that worked I should try that sometime”. Tucker laughed, “Yeah but sometimes it takes a bit more then that” Tucker remarked.

Skully then slowly followed behind Goldie wondering what was going on and where he was going. “Hey Goldie are you gonna pick a game or you gonna have your thumb….oh!”, Skully stopped as well when he saw the girls.

“Hey Skully, hey Goldie!”, Sunset said waving. “What you boys up too?”.

“Nothing besides listening to Goldie's whining”, Skully said jokingly when he knew Goldie was staring him down.

“By the way what were you gonna say Skully?”, Goldie said still staring him down.

“Eh...Nothing…”, Skully said rolling his eyes chuckling.

Goldie just ignored him since he knew what he was going to say. Goldie then looked and Sunset and her friends, “Anyways what are you girls up to then?”. Goldie said this while looking at his phone real quick then handing to Skully who took a glance at whatever was on his screen. Skully gave him a thumbs up.

Sunset smiled. “Well we were clothes shopping for Aria but we're gonna get cute clothes for Adagio now”,Adagio’s face was blushing pink as Sunset was saying this. Adagio knew why she was announcing and it only made her blush even more. She felt as though she wanted to hid her face.

“If you want Goldie you and your friends can walk with us”. Sunset looked at Adagio whose face went from a bit pink to now a tomato red.

Goldie was dumbstruck by this. He didn’t feel he had time to respond so he turned to Skully hoping for backup or some excuse like he's too busy. Only all Skully was giving him a evil like grin. “Yeah I’m sorta busy how about Goldie you just go hang with them me and Tucker will catch up”.

Goldie gave him a face of that clearly said “I am so disappointed in you”. Goldie sighed and looked at the girls then looked at Skully and Tucker. Goldie nodded then began walking with the group of girls out of the game store but he didn’t get far. A single arm swiftly wrapped around Goldies neck as he was quickly put into a headlock by Tucker.

The girls were a little scared by this thinking they were going to fight. Goldie just stood there calmly though as though it was no big deal.

“Bro I thought we were getting food though”, Tucker said looking at Goldie as he held him in the headlock like a football.

Everyone ended up in the food court the group of girls were sitting across from Goldie, Tucker and Skully. As everyone was eating no one said a word. It was all quiet at the table Adagio though she kept taking quick glances at Goldie. Sunset was giggling to herself as she noticed this.

Suddenly, “Slam!” Gnome dropped a large bag of different computer parts on the boys end of the table with Gnome slowly sliding into one of the chairs.

“Welcome back you got everything you need dude", Goldie said to Gnome. He slowly tilted his head slowly to face him nodding he looked extremely tired.

“We got everything he should be up and running with a gaming computer again soon”, Dahblunt said walking up to the table too with another bag.

The girls waved hello to Dahblunt and Gnome. “Wow you got a lot of things”. Pinkie said pulling a box out of one of the bags, “Graphics card….very nifty”. Pinkie said smiling then putting the box back after reading the contents.

“Hey...I know you guys!”, A voice said from a couple tables down. They voice came from guy who was walking to the table and waving. The guy was Flash Sentry and he was accompanied by two of his band members. “You guys are new to Canterlot High right?”, Flash said pointing to Goldie and his friends. The five boys nodded and introduced themselves.

Then one of Sentry’s band members looked at Adagio and the other two Dazzlings with a ugly look of disgust. “So why are you hanging with these three”, the guy said pointing at the Dazzlings. Those words fell hard and Adagio lowered her head in embarrassment while Aria was clearly upset as she hid her face with her hands. Sonata though was on the verge of tears.

“Dude that's not even cool let it go”, Sentry said to his friend putting an arm in front of him. “I'm just letting the new guys know these three evil girls tried taking over our school and the world with their magic”, Sentry's friend continued.

Sonata was now silently sobbing and Adagio was now tearing up too the entire battle of the bands was flashing through her head. Goldie looked at his friends as the guy explained everything. Goldie then looked at the Flash Sentry’s friend with a serious face.

“Look if I continued to let people tell me what I should think of people I probably be the biggest jerk in the world”, Goldie said giving the guy a dirty look.

“You already have that title Goldie...you need a new goal”, Skully said laughing. Goldie started laughing too before quickly looking at Adagio now also with a serious face. Adagio felt like her heart was trembling Goldie wasn't even joking anymore zero happiness on his face. The girls frowned as they knew what was going to happen next. Goldie and now his friends who have been so night too Adagio, Aria and Sonata were going to hate them to then end.

“Adagio…..I only have one thing to say”, Goldie said tapping his finger on the table. Adagio braced herself for mean and hateful comments.

“You taking applications for taking over the world sounds like a blast”. Every single one of the girls mouths dropped. Skully burst out laughing uncontrollably slamming his head on the table. Gnome and Dahblunt almost fell out of their chairs laughing as well. Tucker raised his hand with a completely straight face, “I call shotgun on being second in charge of world domination”.

Comments ( 2 )

Aaaaan we are back, daaaaw embarrased Adagio, i didnt even know she could go that side of the emotional Spectrum.

Goldie, i dont know how much involvement in making the story you have, but damn that last line, you had to have some influence on it, growing an soft spot for Nimbus head?

Finally, i will aid in the world conquering if i can be in charge of Japan.

7462715 Well as the rules we have now set for Goldie he is not allowed to read the story until the rest of the guys have so we will see what his reaction is. Also thanks for reminding me on Goldie's first quote on Adagio that was too funny.

Login or register to comment