• Published 14th Apr 2016
  • 905 Views, 18 Comments

Gaming Is Magic - Critic Aria Blaze



After the events of Battle of Bands the Dazzlings are now enrolled in Canterlot High. But Aria is still struggling with the whole nice girl kind of thing. Till she helps Sunset Shimmer tour sound new guys to the school and there a bit crazy.

  • ...
11
 18
 905

The New Guys

Three months after the battle of the bands ended, The Rainbooms have begun preparing for the Friendship Games against Crystal Prep. Though a competition against a rival school would be a huge deal for the six friends Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. Sadly the Rainbooms personally had a bit more on there plate.

The Dazzling returned to Canterlot High though they we're powerless their return wasn't for reasons of domination or enslaving the school then world. More or less for filling their empty stomachs which now required food since feeding off negative energy was no longer a possibility since there pendants broke.

Now the Rainbooms are trying to help Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk fit in as best they can.

"Why can't you just be more energetic about trying to be friendly to others Aria?" Sunset Shimmer said with a groan while looking at the purple and neon haired girl.

The rest of the group including Adagio and Sonata looked up from there food starring at Aria.

Aria also looked up from her cafeteria meal which she still didn’t seem pleased with.

"Why can't people just stop bothering me about it" Aria mocked back.

She returned to moving her food around with her fork grumbling to herself.

Silence fell over the cafeteria table. Rarity was filing her nails while Pinkie Pie slowly blew up a purple balloon. Sunset broke the silence saying "Well after lunch I signed Aria, Adagio, and Sonata to help me with new student tours"

Aria choked on her food at the statement while Adagio smiled at her friends frustration and Sonata smiled with excitement. Aria calming her choking fit she slammed her fist on the table.

"I did not agree to this!” she yelled starring Sunset. The entire Cafeteria heard the commotion went silent briefly then the volume picked back up again. "I mean maybe being nice to you guys in good enough, why do I have to be all kind and stuff to people I don't know?" Aria explained as she continually rolled her eyes on every statement she made.

Fluttershy looked up from her food again "Well...I think its the right thing to do" she said and then lowered her self close to below the table waiting for a rush of anger and frustration from Aria. She looked at the cowering girl but Aria didn't bother to fuss over it.

Rainbow Dash now supporting her self with one arm and her hand against her cheek looked straight at Aria with a smile. " You never know maybe it's a cool girl who's super chill to hang with, or maybe more than one!" Rainbow said smiling widely look about the table for support on the though but there was none.

Then finally Applejack chimed in looking only slightly frustrated since she was trying to enjoy her meal. "Well sugar-cube you won't know until you find out it might be worth your while" She said with smile and the entire group nodded and agreed.

Sunset finally looked Aria in the eyes with serious face, "Well if you want to look like you're trying to change this is the way" She then proceeded to looked at the clock realizing there were almost no time left. Applejack went back to trying to enjoy her meal and Rainbow Dash began to balance two erasers on a standing pencil. Which she accomplished very quickly. Aria groaned as the end of the lunch period bell rang.

As the lunch room cleared Sunset and the Dazzling's went the opposite way of the rest of the group. Students began flowing into their classes while Sunset walked smiling excited to see who the new student or students where and would be like and she was eager to make a good impression. Sonata skipped through the crowd of students while Adagio walked next to Sunset, and Aria followed behind arms folded and grinding her teeth.

Sunset and the Dazzling's made they’re way to the school entrance where new students waited. Just before Sunset could explain how the process of the tour worked, she heard bickering back and forth from two voices around the corner to the entrance.

Sunset, Adagio, Sonata and even Aria grew curious of the loud bickering.

The four girls turned the corner when all of a sudden, "Damit Dahblunt, I freaken knew this was a bad idea!" A guy with short spiked orange and red haired yelled pointing a finger in a guy face next to him.

The guy he was yelling at had dark brown hair and a full but not to long beard, he looked up from his tablet pushing up his glasses.

"Skully education is important you said not a prep school so this was the final option" the guy said calmly but broke out into a grin. “Problems?” He chuckled softly then quickly returned to his tablet.

The spiky haired boy pinched his forehead with heated frustration letting out a sigh. "All of you need to calm down!" A deep voice bellowed from the back of the the two guys who were bickering. The deep voice belonged a guy who looked the like something from a old Mafia movie. He wore a white fancy vest with chain hanging from one of the pockets. Under the vest was a nice red collared shirt which the sleeves ended at the elbows. The Black pants looked like they were ironed perfectly and his belt buckle and on his vest had a golden skull with the letters J.O.F on it. He had jet black hair combed back and thin silver glasses.

Behind him stood two other guys one of them who was a bit shorter and the other who looked almost a foot taller than all of them. Their eyes wandered around the single room in awe as though they had never seen a school before. The tall one then almost looked like he was going to melt then sighed “Well gentlemen this officially blows” he said looking like it was the end of the world. He was tall but not to tall were it was awkward to be next to him.

He kept kicking the floor with his brown timberland boots and both his hands in his jean shorts pockets. His shirt a had a blue flaming skull smiling on it. The shorter one who was wearing almost all black. He had a chain on his pants and his belt buckle had a silver circle with a onyx "U" in the middle. On his shirt was the Pokemon Umbreon on it with a text bubble that said "Fite Meh".

“Just quit your whining Gnome we are stuck with this at least we're not doing this solo”, They boy with the Umbreon shirt said slapping the tall one on the back.

The taller guy looked at him along with the rest of the boys they groaned in agony at that the exact same time. All of the bickering stopped though when they noticed the group of girls heading there way.

"H-hi are you guys all here as new students?" Sunset said feeling the discomfort in the room and having to tour 5 boys who all seemed disgruntled.

She pulled out a small note pad from her pocket with a list of things she needed to bring up during the tour. Though she had done this before it become noticeable that she was nervous due to the fact she was sorta shaking slightly while flipping through the list

The one with the gold skull pin look Sunset as she was flipping through her pad with a extremely disappointed face before uttering a few words, "It seems we are". Even though he said it load and clear he raised a eyebrow and tilted his head a little realizing that she probably was to wrapped in the note pad to hear him.

Then finally Sunset cleared her throat, "Well my name is Sunset Shimmer welcome to Canterlot High I'll be touring you today along with-". Just before she could finish talking Adagio stepped in front of her. Her large blonde and golden curled hair blocking the view of Sunset and the view of everything Sunset had entirely.

"I'm Adagio Dazzle and this silly girl here is Sonata Dusk", Adagio pointed to Sonata. She giggled and waved hello frantically with a huge smile. Adagio then turned to Aria. Who seemed to be lost in though with a sour look on her face. "This little sweet heart here is Aria Blaze" Adagio said chuckling. Aria's grew red not from embarrassment but from anger. She folded her arms and lowered her head so that you could barely see her face.

The boy with the gold skull pin stepped forward little as though he was sounding off. "I'm Goldie, and these are my friends Skully, Dahblunt, Gnome, and Umbro" the boy said pointing to each of them. When each of them was called by name they either nodded or did a one finger quick salute noting they were paying attention.

Sunset smiled reaching her hand out "Well Goldie it's a pleasure to meet you". Goldie kindly gestured and shook her hand. Skully groaned loudly "Yeay introductions can I go home now?" Goldie looked back at Skully "Yeah Skully you can once the days over" Goldie looked at him with straight face which turned to a sarcastic smile. Within seconds Skully looked him straight in the face with no emotions and said simply "No you".

Author's Note:

Already working on Chapter two let me know what you think plus feed back. If you find mistakes please let me know :)