• Published 14th Apr 2016
  • 905 Views, 18 Comments

Gaming Is Magic - Critic Aria Blaze



After the events of Battle of Bands the Dazzlings are now enrolled in Canterlot High. But Aria is still struggling with the whole nice girl kind of thing. Till she helps Sunset Shimmer tour sound new guys to the school and there a bit crazy.

  • ...
11
 18
 905

A Bickering Intro

Sunset and the Dazzling's walk the halls of the school. Sunset begins pointing out different parts of the school sometimes walking while turning around and walking backwards facing the new students following behind her. Aria walked with the girls but not too close to the new boys.

Adagio walked next to Sunset and Sonata kept falling behind realizing she was walking in the middle of the group of boys then quickly speeding up.

As Sunset continued her tour Adagio was listening intently to the entire conversation behind her. Most of the boys didn’t seem to be paying much attention to Sunset’s tour of the school. Though at some points you could tell they were not pleased with the surroundings.

Umbro was discussing something with Gnome which Adagio didn't understand the subject. She also noticed Sonata was sort of listening as well since she kept on looking back at the group. Aria walked arms folded with and frustrated pout. Adagio knew she was listening too since she would perk up and listen when Umbro would bring up different metal and punk bands.

Skully walked next to Goldie trying to get his attention. Snapping his fingers waving his hand in his face. Finally he taps Goldie on the shoulder getting his attention. Goldie let out a sigh as he slowly looked at Skully preparing for what was going to be said.

Goldie was walking calmly with his hands in his pockets and for some reason that bothered Skully a lot. For a situation such as a change of school scenery would usually be a issue. What was bothersome was Goldie’s behavior on how he was handling this.

Skully was not the only one noticing Goldie's odd behavior. Umbro and Gnome kept glancing at him while they talked waiting for him to burst. At least to Skully’s point of view, Goldie would have been in a uproar of having to deal with this new school environment.

“Goldie I don’t mean to rain on your parade of keeping to yourself but this whole school transfer thing I’m not sure I’m enjoying the whole kind and nice atmosphere”, he whispered.

Skully continued whispering trying to not let Sunset and the other girls hear him. Goldie continued to walk as though he didn’t even know he was there. Goldie was looking at all the rooms they past as Sunset pointed them out. Sadly she didn't notice that out of all the boys only Goldie was paying attention.

Skully couldn't take it anymore,”Goldie I mean seriously why are we doing this?” he growled.

This immediately caught the attention of all the Dazzlings and Sunset. The tone of voice,the aggravation felt as though it could have swept through the halls like a angry wave. Everyone tried to do good by each other. It was like everything they had been through at canterlot high all over again with the disharmony.

Sunset cringed a bit thinking going up against more issues of that sort she was just starting understand friendship at its bases. She cringed and frowned even more at the thought that she still struggled with her own frustrations.

Adagio on the other hand smiled at this. Even though they could not feed off the negative energy anymore, she still found it fun to watch. Sonata though showed a bit of discomforted while around it. She drew away from that way of life entirely. She just wanted to feel accepted and she tried her best.

While Aria grinned a bit she didn’t seem to enthralled anymore about it. Mostly she may have been hoping for a fight. Maybe a couple fists thrown around might brighten her day.

Goldie looking Skully straight in eyes with a extremely serious face after that outburst, which slowly changed to what only could be described as a snide grin as he spoke.

“You heard Dahblunt, education comes first it's highly important” Goldie smirked.

He was now grinning in a way that made him look like he was holding back a burst of laughter. Skully took back a second to take in what he said then rolled his eyes dropping his arms as though he was dragging them along.

“You know I woke up this morning was going to get on my computer get some recording done for you and instead this” Skully putting his arms in the air signifying he meant the entire school.

Goldie raised a eyebrow to that statement, “You act like you have a set schedule of when you plan on putting effort into something”.

He then continued talking about how his day would have been perfect what he would have done and so on. At this point Goldie listened to him talk explaining a list of things that needed to be done.

Sonata who was now walked next to Skully, her arms behind her back. Was waiting for an eventual pause in Skully’s rant.

“Recording as in music?” She said with huge grin. “I love listening to music do you guys record music that would be super cool do you guys have a band?” Sonata said super fast as she tried prying Skully about the topic.

Somehow Skully was startled by her, most likely due to the fact he was too busy talking to notice she walked up to him. It also took him a bit to put together what she said and what she meant by music.

“Uh-no we do YouTube recordings and things of the sort” he said scratching his head. Sonata’s head tilted as she look at him in confusion.

“You know what YouTube is right?” he said jokingly, But Sonata shook her head super slowly. Skully sighed and proceeded to explain YouTube to Sonata which Goldie was laughing quietly while shaking his head.

He listened to Skully go on and on explaining the processes of video creation to Sonata till finally he snapped at him quickly “Skully shut up”.

This once again took the girls by surprise. It was a bicker fest in the school halls between the two boys. Almost like Aria and Sonata.

Skully spun around to face him while pointing, “Hey put a sock in it I’m trying to educate”.

“Yes dude your super certified” Goldie smiled rolling his eyes.

“Well maybe I am how would you know” Skully chuckled.

“I just know”, Goldie snapped quick.”Where's the certificate from?”

Skully put his hands in his pocket looking away, “You know dude, EBay”. Skully broke into a small smile.

Dahblunt chimed in chuckling, “Ha that’s funny”. He was writing things down in a notepad now.

“That's funny Dahblunt, what are you certified in” Skully chimed back.

Dahblunt stopping writing looked at Skully raising a eyebrow, “I’m S.T.A.Y Certified”

Goldie turned around now walking backwards looking at Dahblunt. “S.T.A.Y Certified” He said curiously.

Dahblunt smiled, “Yeah, Smarter...Than...All...Ya'll....Certified”.

Umbro spoke up from the back, “Oh burn...hey wait what?”

Goldie, Skully, and Dahblunt burst into laughter as Umbro covered his face shaking his head smiling on how silly he sounded.

All the while Adagio listened to the entire conversation. She was really enjoying the constant back and forth it was amusing. Though she realized something.

After feeding off negativity for so long she had never seen a group quarrel like them and just get over it like it was all some big joke.

Sonata looked at the group of boys the one of them was keeping quiet.

“So what do you guys do for fun?” Sonata spoke to the tall one smiling. Gnome off into a daze snapped back to reality. Blinking as though he just woke up.

Gnome had a blank expression at first as he looked at Sonata. Then it hit him, “Oh wait was that question for me” Gnome said scratching his cheek.

“Jeez someone get Gnome some crayons”, Skully piped up.

“WACK”

Goldie hit Skully upside the head,” Come on dude let's try to act normal for once”.

Sunset then spoke up to gather the attention of everyone.

“I'm pretty sure that ends our tour...from here we go to your first class”, Sunset pulled out a paper with class schedules.

It looks like P.E is the next class and you're all together in the same class as well”, she said smiling as she realized her friends were going to be there. The P.E class was being held outside to day hopefully it would calm some of the nerves being rattled around thought Sunset to herself. Being outside always made her feel better.

Skully starting humming to himself rolling his eyes while saying, "All together now..." . He then grumbled to himself.

The Dazzling did there best to steer clear of the bickering just in case till Adagio decided to walk closer to them. Walking at about the same pace she was at this point walking next to Goldie. She flicked her hair back as she spoke.

"So do your...friends, always act this rambunctious?" Adagio said in her smooth toned voice.

Goldie laughed a little then looked at adagio, "If I a had a dollar for every time someone asked what was wrong with my friends I wouldn't need to work ever".

Adagio grinned, "I absolutely understand. It can get very tiresome when you deal with knuckle brained people every day".

"We can hear you Adagio", Aria spoke up.

Goldie chuckled, "Or not get away with saying something about them without them beating down your door".

Adagio laughed as she nodded in agreement

As they continued their way down the hall Sunset saw the door to the outside field. "The next class is right out here", Sunset said smiling. She hoped that maybe if she introduced her friends to the new boys maybe they might calm down maybe they might just stop bickering with each other. Then she thought to herself what if they don't like them what if they are actually mean to them. This made Sunset worried, but she shook her head. She knew there would be only one way to find out.

Author's Note:

Had the actually guys look over it if you find any errors please let me know my editor is still MIA :3
Slowly bringing each of the guys personality's in with each chapter

Hope you enjoy,
Critic :)