• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 3,263 Views, 776 Comments

A Study In Nonsense - Professor Piggy



A compilation of stories written for Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
5
 776
 3,263

PreviousChapters Next
Love Letters

Dear Scootaloo,

Applejack once told me that being honest is easy, but I think she might have been wrong. Or maybe it is easy, but only for some ponies. I’m not really sure. When I asked her she told me that telling lies and keeping secrets isn’t the same thing at all, sometimes, but that doesn’t make any sense. If you know a secret about someone, isn’t not telling them dishonest? Well I guess you know why I’m writing this either way, huh?

Actually, you might not since you went off to follow Rainbow Dash instead of coming to school today. Yeah, I know where you went – you’ve been excited about Dash’s try out for weeks. I think Miss Cheerilee knows, too, but when she asked I lied and said I didn’t. I don’t think she believed me, on account of she gave us a big lecture all about the importance of honesty. Sweetie Belle says I’m just being paranoid, but I think Sweetie Belle misses stuff sometimes. It was her who told me I should write this though, so I guess sometimes she sees stuff, too. She said I shouldn’t keep my feelings hidden away, which honestly surprised me a bit. I would never have expected her to want this out in the open.

I wonder if you put this thing down yet? I’m kind of hoping you will. You aren’t much for reading, and I figure that the more things I say and the more big words I use, the more likely you’ll get bored. It’s munipulitive manipulative of me and that’s probably dishonest too, but it’s a whole lot less scary than saying what I want to say. Anyways, Miss Cheerilee said we all had to tell one secret we’ve been keeping to a pony we trust, because keeping secrets only ends in hurt.

Rarity called that a ‘gross oversimplification’ but I don’t really see what’s gross about it. It isn’t really all that simple, either. But anyways. Here goes.

Or maybe not quite yet. I’m sorry. I’m just kind of afraid that this is going to change things forever. You’re my friend, Scootaloo, and I don’t want that to change no matter what. But I guess keeping secrets from you is no way to keep us friends. So here goes. I hope you can believe me when I say I’m sorry.

Sweetie Belle is in love with you. She told me so just the other day, and I’ve wanted to tell you real bad – I know you love her too, but she asked me to keep it a secret and apologised a whole lot. Then she asked if I was mad at her for ‘wanting my girlfriend.’ That seems kind of silly – you’re both my girlfriends, and I want you to be just as happy as you can. She said you were the most awesome, cutest and most fun pony in the world, and that you always make her happy no matter what. So I think she really likes you.

I’m really sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. Please don’t be mad. I know you wouldn’t have told if she’d asked you either – you’re a good friend, Scootaloo. Assuming that you still want to be my friend, and all.

Anyways, I have to go to bed now. Granny Smith says so. See you tomorrow! Or now, I guess, on account of I’ll be giving this to you then.

Yours,

Apple Bloom

PreviousChapters Next