• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 1,664 Views, 67 Comments

Noctiphobia - Valorousspectre



Romance, LunaXOC, Luna Republic/Solar Empire, attempted assassination. What could go wrong?

Comments ( 22 )

YAY HE'S AN ALICORN NOW!!! :pinkiehappy: SO AWESOME!

899491

Did I say he had a horn?

900489 I was guessing it, maybe I'm wrong? If I am...:twilightangry2:

900511

Allow me to elaborate. [SPOILER ALERT]

In the event of such magnitude happens, the pony within the confines of a 'mortal' body, is given the (supposedly) infinite lifespan of the alicorn line. A lot of magic is transferred during this 'ritual', normally impromptu, and transforms the physiology of the mortal pony.

Now.

Stalwart Defender is a pegasus. Pegasus magic resides within them, their wings mostly. Smaller amounts are subconsciously used to be capable of moving and manipulating clouds of various kinds. Now, obviously the alicorn sisters can do this too, however they have the added perk of physical magics. Now, with this ritual it is, indeed, entirely possible to change physically, however bone doesn't grow quickly, and a fluted horn isn't liable to appear for some time. Wings even more so.

Why hasn't Shining Armour grown wings yet?
Magical suppression.

I mean come on. How awkward would that be at a family reunion?

"Hi mum, dad. Check it out, I have wings now!"

:unsuresweetie: Awwwwkwaaaard.

Oh, and I've forgotten to add something, so minor edits will be made.

Well, its 6 in the morning coz I wasnt able to stop reading ._. curse u Valor!!
It was really sweet :3
wonderful story, I love your ideas and style. Write more pls :D
Okay, I really have to go to bed now.
GN
:heart:

awsome chap:moustache::moustache:

899491 An immortal Pegasus eh? You should make sequel showing the life of Defender with Luna, maybe going through another crisis.

After all, I thoroughly enjoyed this story :ajsmug:

1052605
I said nothing of immortal pegasi either :ajsmug:
Guess you'll have to wait and see.

LONG LIVE REGINA NOCTIS

Dude why are your stories so awsome! Viva Noctis!

Spacecowboy
Moderator

Wel, posted over on your fan fiction account, then saw on your profile you were here as well. Makes it so much easier to follow your writings. Already asked the Q about if you had planned a sequel, and after reading your comments here I liked the explanation you gave for the change. Looking forward to more content from you!

1432799
SpaceCowboy.
Thanks for your input on fanfic.net, but I would like to point out that groaning at a colour scheme is a bit silly. For one, his name was derived from his colours, Black and red are not his natural colours and so what? Red and black go well together and are commonly assosciated with evil and demons, so I used it. Had I used blue and gold, normally assosciate with royalty, holiness and warriors such as paladins, he would have had much less of an impact and the ominous feeling he exhumed simply from his appearance wouldn't have worked. People don't fear paladins, but they fear things with ominous or intimidating colours. I merely tried to make his presence that little bit more spooky and unique (unique in that no other canon pony in the 'verse has those colours as of yet)

Also may I suggest reading my newest tale Arc Angel? It's not canon to the Demonheart Sub-verse, but I'm trying something a little new on it and I'm hoping it turns out alright, I'd appreciate your input.

Spacecowboy
Moderator

1435783
I was just playing off the stereotype people have of "black and red color schemes", I understood your reasoning for using those colors for Demon.

And I'll take a shot at it, I only read the Luna and then the Demon story, gotta ask though, are you in a serious revamping of your stories right now as well? There are just a few stories you mentioned that I didn't see. I've got plenty of time at work with nothing to do, so I tend to read a lot. And gonna bug you again bout a potential sequel for this story, cause it was my favorite (I'm a sucker for Luna, what can I say)

1436180
I'll see what I can do with a sequel. No promises though. And the others are still in production. I can write a new story much easier and quicker than I can rewrite an old story with strict lines to follow.

You may not realize it, but the "Betrayal" chapter of this story is the 100,000th chapter on FIMFiction.

can someone link me to 'Athazagoraphobia'? I can't find it under Valorousspectre's story.

3351332 Did you read the others first? Paranoia and Oneirophobia come first, Athazagoraphobia hasn't been written yet, I'm trying to finish Oneirophobia (Two more chapters to go)

3351343
The orders are so confusing...
actually I just found someone made a order list
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/1335/valorousspectres-phobia-series

I take it that it is not necessary to read in the order? because some of them aren't written yet, kinda hard to read a unwritten story isn't it?

3351351

This is true, they're not all completed. Let me explain why. When I first started, they were approx 10000 words each. Then I rewrote The Midnight Guardian, renaming it 'Noctiphobia', stretching it to 45 108 words it is today. I got the idea to rewrite the other ones. It's true, they're not all complete, but I've just been through a really rough time with my depression and a lack of motivation and inspiration. I hope you enjoyed this story at least, Oneirophobia is almost finished, I am working on the second last chapter as I type this, and Paranoia is complete as well. Pyrophobia will be the only one I will not rewrite simply because 1) I don't know how to add anything else to it, and 2) Apparently it's already pretty good.

Login or register to comment