• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 2,699 Views, 25 Comments

Twilight Organizes Her Day - Troll



Twilight is a very organized pony.

  • ...
6
 25
 2,699

The Scroll

June 3, 2012

Checklist #4235

To be placed in subsection "Normal" of the checklist vault, letter C, under semi-section "Weekend", under section "Morning", in folder Sunday, drawer number 3, cabinet number 4.

To be placed under lock and key


8 a.m - 9 p.m

1 Wake up from light of sun (see checklist #4120: Check box number 3- Wake up from light of sun instead of noise)

2 Wake up Spike through slow nudging and gentle speaking (see checklist #4034: Check box number 7- "Wake up Spike through gentler methods (see checklist #3893: Check box number 14- Find cure of Spike's grumpiness (see checklist #3799: Check box number 12- Find source of Spike's grumpiness)))

3 Prepare a nutritional breakfast (see checklist #3610: Check box number 19- Eat healthier (see checklist #3609: Check box number 25- Read book on nutrition (see checklist #3607: check box number 22- Read book on fitness (see checklist #3904: check box number 15- Find out what makes you (Future Twilight (placed in this checklist to make it clearer for myself)) faster (see checklist #3905: check box number 30- Frame any awards (refer to check box number 29- record place number (refer to check box number 28- Participate in running of the leaves)))))))

4 Remember to read the following books: Equestrian History Volume 6, Daring Do and the Dead Forest, Advanced Magic For Unicorns Volume 27, all the new encyclopedias that arrived yesterday (see checklist #4234: Check box number 12: get the new encyclopedias), A Study on the Elements of Harmony, Monarchies and You, The Source of a Princess' Power: An Unauthorized Study of Princess Celestia (see checklist #4231: Check box number 28: find something (unauthorized or authorized) about the source of Celestia's power), Decision in Phillydelphia, The Grapes of Math, The Great Derby, A History of Ponyville, The Apple Family's History (see checklist #4232: Check box number 13- Get a book about the apple family from Applejack), and the book titled "How to Have Better Sex".

5 Remember to place this checklist under lock and key (refer to end of check box number 4)

6 Remember to add a "To be placed under lock and key" at top of checklist.

7 Find a lock and a key for the checklist cabinets (refer to check box number 5)

8 Burn book after reading (refer to end of check box number 4)

9 Find place to burn the book (refer to check box number 8)

10 Create separate checklist for branching off of needed tasks to be completed after reading book

11 Find new folder for new subsection

12 Find a place to put the new folder (refer to check box number 11)

13 Be sure to put new folder (see check box number 12) in the cabinet farthest away from Spike's normal pathways around the library ((see checklist #2463: check box number 42- Record common pathways Spike takes around the library) and check box number 43- Record least common areas Spike visits for scientific purposes)

14 If check box number 13 is unable to be completed, move cabinets around and place half check on box number thirteen when completed (refer to checklist #1499: check box number 34- Create system for marking conditional tasks)

15 Dust off book shelves (see checklist #1- check box number 5: Make sure everything is clean)

16 Destroy Everything (see checklist #4000- check box number 2: plot to destroy Equestria)

17 Cross out above check box (refer to checklist #591- check box number 20: cross out anything Crazy Twilight writes on check lists)

18 Meet up with friends (see checklist #5- check box number 2: Have friends)

19 Avoid telling Rainbow Dash the Wonderbolts are considering Rarity with wings over her (see checklist #3857- check box number 43: See if Wonderbolts are considering Rainbow Dash to join (refer to check box number 23: Watch Rainbow Dash in the young fliers competition (refer to check box number 5: find way for non-pegasi to get to Cloudsdale (refer to check list #3858- check box number 2: Give Rarity awesome wings you read about)))

20 Have a fun time with friends (see checklist #3- check box number 20: find out what to do when you have friends)

21 Create a friendship problem

22 Try to help friends with their problems (see checklist #2- check box number 42: Write letter to Princess Celestia about the friendship problem you overcame (see checklist #1- check box number 17: Princess Celestia is a bitch Find out why Princess Celestia is making you get friends))

23 Ditch friends with a good excuse (see checklist #2129- check box number 31: find ways to ditch friends when you want to read)

24 Read any book that has not been read yet.

25 Avoid crazy adventures your friends drag you on.

26 Should you go on an adventure (refer to check box number 25) let others do the work while you supervise

27 While supervising, make another check list to be placed in subsection "Supervision" of the checklist vault, letter J, under semi-section "Tasks", under section "Afternoon", in folder Sunday, drawer number 2, cabinet number 3.

28 Go home after adventure.

29 If there was no adventure and you just went home just went home, put half-check on check box number 28 (refer to checklist #1499: check box number 34- Create system for marking conditional tasks)

30 Read some more books

31 Write a letter to Princess Bitchy McPrincessBitch Pants Celestia

32 Find lost pillow

33 Go to sleep once lost pillow is found

34 Place this check list in appropriate cabinet and section the next morning.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sunlight shined into Twilight's closed eyes, causing her to slowly open them. She let out a long yawn before promptly hopping out of the bed.

"Check."

Twilight levitated a quill nearby and used it to place a check mark on the first box on her check list. She trotted down the stairs and into the lower part of the library. Spike was sound asleep on his bed. Twilight nudged him softly with her snout, causing him to slowly open his eyes. Just like Twilight, he let out a yawn and blinked a couple of times while Twilight checked off another box.

She trotted into the kitchen and grabbed a plate, and then she proceeded to slap some fruits and vegetables on it, checking box number three as she did.

After breakfast, Twilight trotted back into the main library and levitated books off of the shelves, stacking them up next to her. She took the book on the top off and placed it in front of her, opening it to the first page.

In just a few hours, she had read the entire stack of books, all the way down to "How to Have Better Sex". She checked off box number four and five, then scribbled something at the top of the checklist. Her quill didn't have much ink on it, though, so it came out lighter than the rest of the scroll's writing. She checked off box number six.

Without further ado, she took the book and brought it behind the library, casting a fire spell to burn it into ashes. Then she trotted into town and bought a lock and a key for ten bits. On her way she bought some more parchment to make more check lists on and a new folder. When she got back to her library, she looked through her cabinets and smiled, checking off another few boxes on her check list, along with a half check.

Twilight dusted off all of the shelves with great speed and precision, checking off another box when she was finished.

She looked at check box number sixteen and giggled, leaving it alone and instead checking off box number seventeen.

After that, she went into town and met up with her friends, where she avoided going on any adventures or shattering Rainbow Dash's heart, and solved some arbitrary problem that Rarity was having. She then told her friends that her cat needed water, even though she didn't have a cat, and galloped back home.

Twilight checked off the next few boxes on her check list and crossing out some due to them not happening, and put a half-check on box number twenty-eight.

She read a couple more books before writing a letter to Princess Celestia. When the letter was finished, she checked off two boxes and looked at the final tasks for the day.

"Find my lost pillow?" she said.

She looked around the library, but to her dismay it was nowhere to be found. She trotted out of the library in search.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Twilight trotted into the library carrying her pillow in her mouth. She tossed the pillow onto her bed, checking off box number thirty-two, and then looking over the entire list.

She looked at the pillow and then checked off box number sixteen.

"Worth it."

Comments ( 25 )

"Worth it."
All checklists in the show and in everyday life should include these elements :raritywink:

"16: Destroy Everything" Check.
"Worth it"

o.O Twilight scares me sometimes. . .

I'm wondering if when she found the pillow, it has something to do with another story I read, where twilight destroys ponyville, by creating the biggest pillow fight war in equestria, in which ponyville is basically destroyed, in the process. Is it in any relation to this???

"29 If there was no adventure and you just went home just went home" you repeat "just went home"

"The sunlight shined into" I think it's shone

Nonetheless, very good story. It got my head into somewhat a mess, but it was definitely fun to read. Also, am I to understand Twilight did destroy everything at the end? One can only wonder where that pillow was stashed

beware!! us book worms are crazy at times. :twilightsmile: muhahahahahahaha (p.s good story. i liked it. im watching you >=) )

Let me guess Twilight started a pillow fight that destroyed pretty much all of Equestria.:twilightsheepish:

why does it look like she 'wants' the scroll.

That was fun! Nice little one-shot gag. The sheer degree to which the cross-referencing developed had me laughing out loud, and I I loved how a single joke in 4 became a multi-point cross-referencing epic.

Negatives! Though the end line was great, I think the short passage of not-checklist hurt the thing as a whole. Abandoning your conceit is pretty much the worst thing you can do in comedy, especially in a one-shot.

But, overall, I'd call this a positive. I laughed. Cleverer than I thought it was going to be, too. I kept going back and checking the list, and I found myself thinking "Man, this is really taking me out of the story, checking this li-OOOH, YOU DOG, YOU"

EDIT: Also, calling featured.

EDITEDIT: WAIT A MINUTE. I seriously reviewed a Troll fic again.

Why do I keep doing that?

I knew it. All the friendship is ripping away at her sanity, slowly but surely. :pinkiecrazy:

Also, like others, I've noticed a connection to another story where Twilight creates the most deadly Pillow fight in the universe. :applejackunsure:

Problem is, at the end of that story, turns out Celestia had it. Twilight got it back here... :twilightoops:

What'd Twilight do to Princess Bitchy Mcprincess bitch pants Celestia! :flutterrage:

I was amused and that's what matters to me.

Greatly entertaining. Kudos. :moustache:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Princess Celestia is a bitch"
Never saw that coming :rainbowlaugh:

did you just finish "the only's" story for him?

Cause the ending to this fits in way to perfectly

>If there was no adventure and you just went home just went home
Crazy Twilight is at it again! dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_TwilightWut.png

Is this stuff a reference to that other story...?

Find lost pillow

Twilight trotted into the library carrying her pillow in her mouth. She tossed the pillow onto her bed, checking off box number thirty-two, and then looking over the entire list.

She looked at the pillow and then checked off box number sixteen.

"Worth it."

If so, I salute you, good sir a.deviantart.net/avatars/r/a/rainbowdashsaluteplz.png

If not, I salute you anyway a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saluteplz.png

692641>>692726 dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/shrug_Twilight_Sparkle.png

692646 Pony Pillow Fight 2012. Never forget dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Lyra_cry.png

This is EXACTLY why I knew that watching you was an excellent idea. I was amused.

Riz
Riz #18 · Jun 4th, 2012 · · 1 ·

Oh.My.God. The check-list make me go :derpyderp2: :derpytongue2: :derpyderp1: :rainbowhuh: :applejackconfused: and :rainbowderp: also :twilightoops::unsuresweetie:

What did I just read and why is it SO BUCKING GOOD?!!

which book did twilight burn?

731305

Read it again and you'll find out.

I enjoyed this story. There is a clear itinerary at the beginning, so I know exactly what should happen, and every item on the checklist was completed by the end. Excellent work.

The checklist alone was positively golden. Great for a laugh.

What story is this about pillow fight destroying Equestria? :rainbowhuh:

In relation to topic, this story is :rainbowkiss:

I noticed that one of Twilight's books is titled "The Grapes of Math", and I think that's a VeggieTales reference (from the video "God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?!"); I know this because I am a longtime fan of VeggieTales.

Login or register to comment