• Published 23rd Dec 2015
  • 251 Views, 0 Comments

A Different Kind of Romeo and Juliet - Godmutt



Noteshade is a mare living in the Crystal Empire who just happens to fall in love with a strange stallion named Soma.

  • ...
 0
 251

Chapter 5- The Surprise Re-Schedule

Noteshade lie awake in her bed. The time had passed. She must have been lying awake for hours. However, a check to her cell phone told her otherwise. She had been lying in bed for twenty minutes. She groaned.
"This is going to be a loooong night."

She rose from bed, thinking of how she would spend the night. Warm milk made her hyper, as did running. Sugar crashes never worked. Singing would make her think more, as would doing chores. She reached for her scarf, now fresh and smelling like.. Something nice.. Hmm.. She couldn't quite put her hoof on it. It smelled very nice, and she liked it; it was very calming. It wasn't a scent you could find for a candle, or laundry detergent. Whatever it was, she felt like it was amazing.. Like a drug, she couldn't stop herself from smelling her scarf repeatedly. She wrapped it around her snout, and began to wander around her apartment. She stopped in her laundry room, also known as the second bedroom. She had half a basket of dirty laundry, and two baskets of clean clothes. It was getting to be winter weather again, and she was washing all of her old quilts and jackets, along with all the other scarves she had made over the years. One of them was a deep blue, with a single green stripe down the middle. Another was crimson with a forest pattern. But none of them could compare to the one she was wearing now. It was a sky blue with a grassy green pattern, and it smelled amazing. She had completely covered her muzzle with the knitted accessory. It smelled of old spices, or cologne. The smell made her calm and collected. She paused before moving on to her kitchen.
Her cooking area was small, but it was her home. It had a dark grey marble counter top, with drawers and cabinets underneath. She had a small spice rack that could swirl around to reveal different containers with her favorite seasonings, such as cinnamon, coriander, and oregano. Next to the rack was a poster that showed the ever-famous DJ PON3. She was standing above a crowd of ponies, singing a song for them. Next to her was a stallion she had often collaborated with, Neon Lights. This particular photograph was taken at the last concert the DJ had done in the Crystal Empire. Back then, her mane was a mixture of two blues, but now she'd dyed her mane to be red. She had replaced her iconic glasses with neon orange contacts, and she had started to slow her singing, now doing instrumentals while Neon Lights sang the lyrics. Occasionally she and her partner, Octavia Melody, would work together to create a fun mixture of cello and wubs.
Noteshade smiled. She had met the acclaimed cellist before in the halls of the studio building, and had shaken her hoof. The two had talked for a moment, and Octavia had told the darkly hued mare to follow her dreams and to never give up. And now, Noteshade was going to record for a rich mare, from Canterlot, no less! All because of what a grey cellist had said! She would soon be able to move out of her grimy old apartment, and get a new house, right next to the castle! And she would get lots of fancy foods all the time!

Suddenly, her stomach growled ravenously.
Speaking of foods.. She was starving! Noteshade hadn't eaten since her apple this morning, and she was starting to realize it. So she went to her fridge and looked for something appetizing. She'd been slacking on grocery shopping and just running down to the bakery and working for food. Because of this, she didn't really have any food in her refrigerator. Other than an old bag of mushrooms, and a jug of milk, The fridge was void of food. So she checked the oven to see if she had left herself a surprise! But there was nothing but an old pie pan with leftovers burned to the bottom. She would have to just go out to get a snack. She took a moment to inhale the scent of her scarf before walking to the door of her apartment. She had a few bits, just enough to get a bagel or two from the bakery! That is, if her boss hadn't shut down early. It was getting late, and most of the time, he would get tired and close up early or have one of the workers close up later. Most of the time it was the first option.
Hopefully tonight it was the latter.
And so Noteshade stepped outside into the crisp autumn night, stars in the sky, not a cloud in sight. There were few ponies outside tonight, likely because of the chilly breeze that was flowing through the empire. Note soon felt the breeze and tightened the scarf around herself. Her nostrils slowly filled with the wonderful smell of her cloth accessory. She shivered before stepping out onto the sidewalk in front of the apartment complex. She looked down the street to the bakery to see the lights were still on, showing that it wasn't closed yet! Yes!
She ran to the bakery, to see that there was only one other customer. A unicorn stallion. He was tall, with a white coat. His mane was a dark blue, with a few streaks of pink. And on his back were saddlebags, with the 'Soma' sewn on the opening flaps.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment