• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 436 Views, 3 Comments

Mysterious Figure - Fiddlove Enfemme



Commander Shepard's Clone goes to Equestria to learn why the real Shepard is so much better than him.

  • ...
4
 3
 436

Assignment

Assignment
In which Shepard receives a task

The krogan who had usurped my power back at the freighter popped his head out of the crashed shuttle. "SHEPAAAAARD! Hurry and get in the shuttle before these things get vicious!" he shouted.

With no real options, I ran to confront him. That bastard had the nerve to not only order me around, but discover and use the original name? I'm gonna kill him! A straight sprint through the disorganised ranks of horse-land militants and I made it to the upturned shuttle. The krogan closed the door behind me as I leaped the last few metres inside. "You bastard! using your smooth talking to get on my good side, undermining my command, and then stealing my shuttle?"

"To be fair Shepard, you stole it first."

"That's not the point! AND STOP CALLING ME SHEPARD!"

"Oh, you're not Shepard? Then where'd you get that N7 armor in the captain's quarters? How about your tactical log? You even have Spectre authorisation." he pointed out.

"You broke into my captain's quarters? And read my personal files?" I questioned.

"It's not like you locked any of them Shepard. The password to your room is 'password', and the private terminal code is 1234. Not exactly the most subtle solutions." I really did that? I must be more distracted than I thought.

"And undermining my command?"

"Really Shepard, there was no command over them to begin with. The only thing most of those pyjak will answer to is their paycheck. Name's Yargot Brill, by the way. Hear something?" Brill turned to the door of the shuttle, activated the exterior cameras, and looked at the main console. "Looks like these horses are trying to get in the shuttle. They're stabbing at the hull, and shooting it with biotic attacks."

I looked at him and said "Those things are using biotics? I didn't notice that."

"When you've been around as long as I have, you learn to recognise different styles of attack. These creatures resemble the Earth creatures known as horses or ponies, but some features are exaggerated. Some appear to have a natural conduit of biotic energy, in a form of the mythical Unicorn, while others have feathered wings, similar to the classical Pegasus. And then there are some without either appendage type. Oh, look at that!"

"What is it? And why do you think I trust you?"

"There's two larger horses with horns and wings moving towards us, why do you think these things hate us so much?"

"Maybe it has something to do with you flying into the heart of their civilization, and crashing through their centre of government?"

"Eh, that might be it. Oh look, the big ones are trying to communicate. I'll put them through to you."

"No! Don't-"

But it was too late to protest, as Luna's voice echoed through the shuttle's narrow confines. "HUMAN! EXIT THE VEHICLE OR WE WILL KILL BOTH YOU AND THE LIZARD!" I shot a mean look at Brill for doing this to me, but he didn't notice.

"We're coming out Luna, just don't expect us to cooperate with your demands!" I shouted to it. Brill shrugged and popped open the shuttle door, nailing Luna in the chin on the way up. The pony looked furious, barely containing its anger. Stepping out of the shuttle, I made sure to kick its shins on the way out, just to spite it.

"Human, for crimes against our kingdom, I sentence you and your crew member permanent service to my student Twilight Sparkle, until you learn the better of your ways." Celestia said matter-of-factly.

Luna looked aghast "Are you out of your mind? These things are dangerous, and a threat to the security of the entire planet! If left unchecked, they could destroy us all"

"I have considered that. If you two, or any who came here with you exhibit any form of harm towards the integrity of Equestria, you will be marked for extermination by me personally. In that event, our prior and future agreements will be null and void, counteracting any protections, boons or rewards granted to you." Celestia rebuked. "The present members of the Royal Guard will escort you to my student for further orders."

"I guess that will have to suffice. I'll be watching you, Shepard. I'll know your every move, when and where it happens." Luna threatened.

"You'll be dead before you get the chance to come for me." I retaliated.

Brill looked back and forth between Luna, Celestia, and me."So are you following this, Shepard? Because I don't speak space pony."

Author's Note:

Would you look at that. 5 chapters in already! Where will this adventure take us next?

Comments ( 3 )

this was fun to read. i look forward to new chapters

7597634 Not planning on updating this one. I'm not really satisfied with my execution. Will I attempt a re-write? Possibly. Just not quite yet.

7597843 that's okay. look forward to any new story's

Login or register to comment